Amari carter is a headhunter...

Advertisement
Saw the play. Kids got IT. don't call him a headhunter, unless you want him constantly getting ejected. He brings the bricks though, for sure.

Advertisement
He purposefully did not head hunt here. 10 years ago that guy is unconscious. Tackling technique finally getting ingrained in younger players. That's as hard as you can hit someone clean in today's game.

Advertisement
He needs to start

yep

might sound cliche but I saw everything I needed to see from redwine and jaquan out there today

someone needed to show some fire out there for crying out loud

Amari Carter needs to start for 2 reasons:

1. Because the duo of Redwine and Jaquan severely lacks the level of physicality we use to have with Rayshawn and Jamal back there.

2. Also redwine and Jaquan don't upgrade enough in coverage to keep an enforcer like Amari Carter off the field.

I think Jaquan, Redwine, and Knowles should rotate one safety position. And Amari, Romeo, and Derrick compete on the other side.

Would also consider moving Redwine back to cb in certain situations as well.

1. Because the duo of Redwine and Jaquan severely lacks the level of physicality we use to have with Rayshawn and Jamal back there.

2. Also redwine and Jaquan don't upgrade enough in coverage to keep an enforcer like Amari Carter off the field.

I think Jaquan, Redwine, and Knowles should rotate one safety position. And Amari, Romeo, and Derrick compete on the other side.

Redwine needs to be on the bench!!! All-ACC lmao

Advertisement

Redwine needs to be on the bench!!! All-ACC lmao

He's good enough to come off the bench I'm not sure if he's a starter after seeing what it looks like with him and Jaquan both on the field together.

I'm not really sold on Jaquan Johnson at safety yet either... I think Diazs scheme didn't help anyone either.

Last year Jaquan Johnson would play that nickel lb role which could be whats best for this defense.... but now he's making our big *** Linebackers play that role majority of the time instead of subbing in a true db in those nickel and dime situations. I hope Diaz makes some adjustments going forward.

This is true

Been saying it since last year. JJ just doesn't have it to play safety here. Redwine was slow to react as well. Time to see what the youngins can do

Advertisement
Carter is exactly what a MIAMI DB is suppose to be. Let the kid play and have fun. Loved this kid from the jump

Been saying it since last year. JJ just doesn't have it to play safety here. Redwine was slow to react as well. Time to see what the youngins can do

Yeah I'm starting to feel the same way about JJ... I think the role he played last year "nickel linebacker" is his best role for this defense.

I wouldn't mind experimenting with Robert Knowles rotating Derrick Smith at FS w/ Amari Carter rotating Romeo Finley at SS. Let Jaquan continue to play the same role he did last year.

I would like to see redwine and young at corner.... I'm not sold on Smith but if Carter is bringing it put him back there.

Advertisement
Back