Amari carter is a headhunter...

Were playing DJ Dallas as the 7th receiver.....He should be playing safety. Would bring size, speed, instincts and great ball skills where we desperately need it.

Advertisement
Carter needs to be our Safety. Redwine needs to come off the bench. I like Finley more as well. JJ is cool, but he needs to be a package guy. Bandy was looking very active. But anyways, back to the OP....Carter needs to start, period. Impact players, no matter what year they are, need to be on the field.

Were playing DJ Dallas as the 7th receiver.....He should be playing safety. Would bring size, speed, instincts and great ball skills where we desperately need it.
Just walking by this thread and post...

Been saying it since last year. JJ just doesn't have it to play safety here. Redwine was slow to react as well. Time to see what the youngins can do

Said it when he came out his speed would keep him from being elite here, thats the one weakness u do not want is lack of speed especially at a skill position like db or wr

Advertisement
Just walking by this thread and post...

He would make a good DB **** saban wanted him as a db
Wanted to see him there from jump. We shall see what ends up happening, as we'll get an influx of DBs this year.

The DB talent and OL talent coming in should have us back to abusing teams

Advertisement
Sorry but not sorry, Jaquan and Redwine are slow, If I was another team with enough talent I would attack the safeties all day. We need our 2018 DB's especially the safeties bad as ever.

He's not better than Smith or Carter.
Have they tried him there for any extensive practice time?

If they have, we haven't heard anything about it... The only thing we hear is receiver and sparingly at rb.

Advertisement

He's not better than Smith or Carter.
Have they tried him there for any extensive practice time?

If they have, we haven't heard anything about it... The only thing we hear is receiver and sparingly at rb.
I don't think they've tried him either, in which case such a conclusive statement is curious. The coaches may "feel" that he doesn't project as well, but without more evidence, that's all it really can be.

Why would you guys think that DJ would be better than Carter or Smith?

If the coaches felt he was better at safety, he wouldn't be 8th on the depth chart at WR, he would be 6th on the depth chart at safety.

Advertisement

If the coaches felt he was better at safety, he wouldn't be 8th on the depth chart at WR, he would be 6th on the depth chart at safety.
So he hasn't been tried there. His current placement is merely a projection on a player with various skills. Coaches themselves said they weren't sure where he'd play (offense or defense) before Spring. "If the coaches felt" is your sole basis for such a conclusive statement, then there ya go. You don't really know because neither do the coaches other than their current offensive experiment.

Coaches have been wrong or delayed before, as we know. Just last year, they made some questionable personnel decisions before coming around. It happens. They are not infallible. And, we're just saying "maybe we should take a look at Deejay there." It wouldn't happen now anyway.

So he hasn't been tried there. His current placement is merely a projection on a player with various skills. Coaches themselves said they weren't sure where he'd play (offense or defense) before Spring. "If the coaches felt" is your sole basis for such a conclusive statement, then there ya go. You don't really know because neither do the coaches other than their current offensive experiment.

Coaches have been wrong or delayed before, as we know. Just last year, they made some questionable personnel decisions before coming around. It happens. They are not infallible. And, we're just saying "maybe we should take a look at Deejay there." It wouldn't happen now anyway.

Why would you try him there, before you tried the guys that you brought in to play the position?

The question was posed based on absolutely nothing & wouldn't be any different than saying try Dallas at QB before N'Kosi.

That's what I meant in my initial response.

Why would you try him there, before you tried the guys that you brought in to play the position?

The question was posed based on absolutely nothing & wouldn't be any different than saying try Dallas at QB before N'Kosi.

That's what I meant in my initial response.
Again, earlier this calendar year, the coaches didn't know what position Dallas would play: WR/offense or DB. They were quoted as it still being something to decide on. The rest of your comments are flawed because he was considered as a possible DB already.

Advertisement
Back