Alvin Mathis senior tape

So many of ya'll are like sheep. Just following along with the crowd and lacking original thought.

The tape is pretty good. Looks like an interesting prospect. I hope he proves ya'll wrong.

Advertisement
You do realize that this was over a decade ago right? You know people get a little off track, find their way again, and make it right? I think this is a played out narrative by a lot of staff haters.

That same bartender has recruited well (were just more in our feels about who he misses that his gets) and has coached up his position group well for 4 years. Everyone who drops the bartender thing is just a bitter hater....

Im one of the posters that never really goes in on Banda so save me 1. I was just literally pointing out that dude was a bartender. It was in reference to having a real job and deferring to "evaluators".

So many of ya'll are like sheep. Just following along with the crowd and lacking original thought.

The tape is pretty good. Looks like an interesting prospect. I hope he proves ya'll wrong.
I hope he proves us wrong too, but can you answer why he's ranked where he is?

People aren't off base for being skeptical about his ability or for being unsure exactly how good he can be. Does that mean he can't become a good LB, no not at all, but you can't be too mad at fans for scratching their heads on this one.

Only time will tell, the coaches will make believers out of us all if they can turn a kid like Mathis into a legit contributor in this Defense.

I'm not against taking Mathis, he's been a productive player in 3 years of HS ball & is a physical specimen, but he's a developmental prospect no matter how you slice it. He's not as ready as a TAC, Keyshawn Greene or others, there's nothing wrong with saying that, it's not bashing him, it's just acknowledging the fact they're taking a flyer on a LB that may take a lil longer to hit the field as opposed to others in this class that might be ready quicker.

Who
Kid is an early enrolle. One of the best

You really dont think BTW would beat Jesuit, Gaither, Lake Gibson??. Armwood and Lakeland would atleast be games. This watered down version ( Alot of their star players transferred out) of btw would run roughshod over the teams listed...Armwood and Lakeland would be competitive. The only team that pushed em around was IMG. And like i said they are in 4-5 wide all game...if you dont have 3 legit div 1- fcs level Dbs then kiss the baby...game will be over. The best db on Armwood...is a HOLLYWOOD boy from down here ( i grew up with his dad who also went to Mcarthur)....and he likely would be food for Jacorey Brooks.

Again though...you dont know the defensive scheme Mcarthur ran to say he couldve made a ton of plays in that game. He essentialy was lined up in the A gap and sent on a lot of blitzes that had no chance of getting there with how quick BTW got the ball out. He can cover better than like 90% of high school linebackers for the simple fact he runs a 4.5 40. Kid understands coverages real well also.

Your from Lauderdale...not Hollywood. Watch ya mouth lol.
Just gonna slide this in lol who did y'all matchup against jacory.

Advertisement
Maybe it was something, not the film that has the staff liking Mathis more than Hypolite? Maybe Mathis comes off like a kid that eats, drinks and sleeps football. Loves the game and RH came off a little on the flaky side. Pure speculation on my part.

Go Canes!

Maybe it was something, not the film that has the staff liking Mathis more than Hypolite? Maybe Mathis comes off like a kid that eats, drinks and sleeps football. Loves the game and RH came off a little on the flaky side. Pure speculation on my part.

Go Canes!

Definately speculation. What you stated is basically Hyppollite. One of the best kids ive been around. Which is why his recruiting is like it is. He's straight about football, and very business like.

A lot of us like his film, we just think Hyppolite is better. That's not a knock on Mathis. I agree that I hope he proves us wrong. He definitely flashes in a couple of highlights, doesn't seem slow. But he also doesn't seem to fly to the ball institutionally or have exceptional speed, so there's not one element of his game I would call elite.

Advertisement
A lot of us like his film, we just think Hyppolite is better. That's not a knock on Mathis. I agree that I hope he proves us wrong. He definitely flashes in a couple of highlights, doesn't seem slow. But he also doesn't seem to fly to the ball institutionally or have exceptional speed, so there's not one element of his game I would call elite.

Thats exactly how i feel. I like his size coming in...like a few things..but know he is a developmental guy at the spot.

Im bias when it comed to Hyppolite....i really dont want to compare to much as i believe Ruben is a Mike or Will in college...and Mathis looks to be a Sam type. I see Ruben as a plug n play guy as well that will not need to redshirt and comes in ready to play from the Spring.

Interesting that everyone on the board seems to believe this guy isn’t as talented at Hyppolite. Sometimes I wonder what percentage of
this board actually knows how to evaluate tape (or even watches it) compared to those that are just sheep following the herd.

Tell me if I'm wrong, but I see someone who can cover a decent amount of ground quickly and is long and lanky similar to Huff and Brooks. Sure he doesn't have the "thump" you would like to see but seems pretty solid. What am I missing?

Kid is an early enrolle. One of the best

You really dont think BTW would beat Jesuit, Gaither, Lake Gibson??. Armwood and Lakeland would atleast be games. This watered down version ( Alot of their star players transferred out) of btw would run roughshod over the teams listed...Armwood and Lakeland would be competitive. The only team that pushed em around was IMG. And like i said they are in 4-5 wide all game...if you dont have 3 legit div 1- fcs level Dbs then kiss the baby...game will be over. The best db on Armwood...is a HOLLYWOOD boy from down here ( i grew up with his dad who also went to Mcarthur)....and he likely would be food for Jacorey Brooks.

Again though...you dont know the defensive scheme Mcarthur ran to say he couldve made a ton of plays in that game. He essentialy was lined up in the A gap and sent on a lot of blitzes that had no chance of getting there with how quick BTW got the ball out. He can cover better than like 90% of high school linebackers for the simple fact he runs a 4.5 40. Kid understands coverages real well also.

Your from Lauderdale...not Hollywood. Watch ya mouth lol.

BTW got St. Pete Lakewood problems next Friday night

Advertisement
BTW got St. Pete Lakewood problems next Friday night

Booker T just beat Cardinal Gibbons by 10. Cardinal Gibbons would have a running clock on most schools out that way....

If Booker T comes to play i got them by 2 scores.

Again this is WATERED down Booker T who lost like 5 or 6 div 1 level players this off season for whatever reason.

Should be a good game though. Lakewood has a good qb...And their dline seems to be ok. Hopefully they have dbs that can hold up.

Booker T just beat Cardinal Gibbons by 10. Cardinal Gibbons would have a running clock on most schools out that way....

If Booker T comes to play i got them by 2 scores.

Again this is WATERED down Booker T who lost like 5 or 6 div 1 level players this off season for whatever reason.

Should be a good game though. Lakewood has a good qb...And their dline seems to be ok. Hopefully they have dbs that can hold up.

cardinal gibbons would get eaten alive out here. Fck you think this is. They lost most of their players & back up players from a year ago bc the admin wanted the athletes to play more. my nephew was a student athlete over there, transferred fo Dillard and went undefeated. I keep yelling you we are not the same. I don’t even live there and know more about what goes on that you do.

& stop talking all this silly **** about booker t. The **** you’re writing is crazy. Fool you really wrote “IF they come to play but they are watered down” = trash

You got every built in excuse for that L they’re about to take.

Advertisement
cardinal gibbons would get eaten alive out here. Fck you think this is. They lost most of their players & back up players from a year ago bc the admin wanted the athletes to play more. my nephew was a student athlete over there, transferred fo Dillard and went undefeated. I keep yelling you we are not the same. I don’t even live there and know more about what goes on that you do.

& stop talking all this silly **** about booker t. The **** you’re writing is crazy. Fool you really wrote “IF they come to play but they are watered down” = trash

You got every built in excuse for that L they’re about to take.

I know we arent. You do know...I coach in the county right?. lol.
I've coached against Btw and Cardinal Gibbons THIS YEAR.

What team are you saying lost alot?. Because Gibbons won state last year...i was speaking on BTW losing guys like Donnell Harris,etc.

When speaking on Gibbons...They lost seniors. But you do know they won states last year. That team is PRETTY STACKED. They are trotting out a 220 pd running back committed to A group of 5 school and 3 or 4 div 1 wrs...being passed to by the kid who took them to states last year with a bookend power 5 tackle.
Where they are kind of weak at is on defense..but its still a number of div 1 guys there. In reference to Dillard. If you really knew the county...i like what they did this year as i know coaches over there...but they went undefeated becuase they really played nobody. The minute they hit a team like they did this weekend in Miami Central....35-0. Good year for them though and they will be back to being good next year.

I wrote a watered down Booker T team if they came to play will beat Lakewood by 2 scores. I wasnt hedging...i got BTW with the W.
The last time Lakewood suited up vs a s.fla team it was 38-0. That was in 2018.

Lunch? What kind of dope you smoking?
& don’t be from Hollywood claiming Dade teams.

Man i told u... Lakewood cant even score offensively on a south florida team in the last 8 quarters. Jesuit was Lunch meat for MNW ...21 point lost.

I thought Armwood woulda made it too...

**** my Team got cooked in the playoffs....but a Hollywood team is playing for states right now...**** even the small school Tampa area took L's to south florida teams.

Advertisement
Back