Alvin Mathis senior tape

To me Hypolite is better and I think everyone can agree which is why I keep asking whats going on with Hyppolite? There HAS to be something else. Uf only has 1 linebacker committed in Derek Wingo and they still arent going after him. FSU thinks Mccluster, Dix and Greene are all better takes. Im watching Hyppolite and saying this guys is a stud he just pops out on film yet no one in the big 3 seems to want him that bad. Why? Most confusing player in the cycle. Is it grades? Is it that he only measure in at 5'11 in February? Is it that teams feel he is maxed out physically? Has to be something.
Yeah. This guy looks like a smaller Myles Jack on the field. Who cares if he's maxed out physically? He runs a 4.5 already.

Advertisement
If hypothetically Greene and and flowe want in who gets the short end of the stick? Mathis? Flagg? cause we aren’t taking 5 LBs? Is Flagg a EE?
I would keep Flagg all day. People get scared off because of his height and a bad 40 but he has some great linebacker tape.

Just look in this 1 game how good he is at finding the ball and getting through mess.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If we land Greene or Hyppolite, then no problem with keeping AJ in this class, if they don't then they're gonna need a Grad Transfer LB for depth, because AJ is a developmental player that will no longer be an EE & will not be ready to contribute til at least his Red Soph season.

He's a physical specimen that I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops once in the S&C program, but there's some areas of his game that need serious improvement before he can be depended on to hit the field.

Tirek Austin-Cave is going to be star, great eval by the staff, but this kid they're taking a total flyer on, he's a productive tackler & shows some ability but his deficiencies are a bit concerning. I was one of the few that actually liked this kid when he was at Pinellas Park, maybe it's the system at Largo but I feel his Junior tape looked better.

Either way, it is what it is... Also, for anybody that has made the "if Hyppolite was so good how come only Maryland is after him" argument, you can't justifiably say that while being okay with us taking Mathis... He's slower, ranked lower, less instinctual, not as game ready day 1 & isn't being pursued by anybody else at all lol.

Again, don't have a problem with the take, but let's not act like this isn't a questionable one by Baker/Patke.
If senior films are as important as Manny says it is...then this kid has to go. He doesn't even appear athletic on film in addition to no instincts at all.

Advertisement
Advertisement
And maxed out physically doesnt even mean much he is 6'0 225. That's not small.
That's a great size for a college LB. I don't know what's going on with Hypolite's recruitment - if he has interest (and by the sounds of it he does as he keeps coming to games) we should be all over him.

I'd love to know why we're not.

Advertisement
Back