Alonzo

Advertisement
Advertisement
so say this is true, how long do you expect he stays at miami if an NFL team comes calling? i got over/under 3 months.
This is my thoughts too. I really hope Miami sees what an opportunity this is and properly compensates him. I'm sure he wants to bring us back to the top but they have to give him the support and pay to keep him.

This is my thoughts too. I really hope Miami sees what an opportunity this is and properly compensates him. I'm sure he wants to bring us back to the top but they have to give him the support and pay to keep him.

Not that money isn't important, but I don't think this is about money. You saw ONE TIME where a dollar amount has been mentioned, but ever since then it seems like the sticking points have been power and authority.

Setting aside the personalities and whatnot, it seems insane that any AD would hire a person who was an NFL VP, and then handcuff that person from actually doing anything to make structural or institutional improvements within the staffing and organization of the football program.

Again, we can debate the specifics forever, but just think about the generalities. Why would you hire someone with a great deal of experience into a newly-created position and then NOT let that person take action to make improvements?

I think the key will be how they structure Alonzo's input:

--how will Alonzo assist the scouting of talent and the timing/structuring of offers to players?
--how will Alonzo be empowered to evaluate the coaches, particularly the assistants?
--how will Manny accept/tolerate/embrace the input on player evaluation (including whether current players need to be eased out of UM), will Manny embrace more of an NFL model that allows Alonzo to be more of a traditional GM, and will Manny be able to devote more of his time to coaching issues?
--will Blake allow this hiring to be a feather in his cap, to show people he is capable of self-examination and change, and that he will not let ego be an impediment to organizational improvement?

Advertisement
It's not like Alonzo has to take the job if he has no real power, I'm sure he could get an NFL job no problem.

He wouldn't take the job just if he knew he was going to get screwed around by the dumbasses in the Hecht.

Advertisement
Advertisement
1578346608128.png

so say this is true, how long do you expect he stays at miami if an NFL team comes calling? i got over/under 3 months.
Doubt it, he doesnt need the $$$ so we can assume he would only take the job as a passion project. If hes allowed to do what he wants to do, i doubt he leaves until a complete overhaul is done. He could be our own Bear Bryant in the making

Advertisement
Back