Alonzo HighSmith Joining Staff [Old thread, Rad says “not imminent”]

The more the merrier. How close are we to the point where the number of coaches and admin surpass the number of players on the team? lol

Advertisement
It actually isn't all the same thing. As in not even close.

HC Mario has put together, by most accounts, a very strong staff.

Adding AH in the reported role makes for an interesting power dynamic between Rhad the Impaler, HC Super Mario, and Zo. This isn't aEO analyst, position coach, or coordinator.

THEORETICALLY, it's a position whereby HC Super Mario would be reporting to.

So, who are the direct reports between Rhad, Super Mario, and Zo?

I want to believe doubtful, but is this being setup like another wasted opportunity of "Chief of Staff" Ed Reed?

They do this right, I get a feeling Miami is back bïtches.

Do it wrong, we are in for a disaapointment.
its not remotely a position mario is reporting to

Last edited:
Advertisement
its not remotely a position mario is reporting too
I don't disagree.

The reports are throwing out the term "General Manager-like" role or did I read that wrong?

It's just kind of odd in the same way Ed Reed's CoS joke of a position turned out to be.

Here is to all of them to make it work as AH has a proven track record with skill sets that certainly add value to our Hurricanes program.

Let's be honest. Mario isn't reporting to ANYONE (short of the program being investigated for multiple felonies) for at least 5 years.
So we think Mario doesn't report to Rahd the Impaler?

Doesn't report to Frenk?

So he defacto (because therebis no org chart that will codify this) reports to Columbus Crew?

Didn't our beloved Hurricanes just suffer through 20 years of shïtshow organization?

This better work, we all need to see Ws....and they better be big Ws.

Go Canes.

FWIW, Ferman has been talking about this for awhile. He has said it will be an Asst AD type title with responsibilities that play to Alonzo's strength/experience. Mario will NOT report to him... Mario, Rad and Zo will work together....
Pure fantasy. This isn't the three musketeers.

Somebody, both formally and informally, has got to report to somebody.

At this point, couldn't care less if they report to Flash. Just bring our fanbase big Ws.

Advertisement
Miami doesn't need Alonzo Highsmith.

With that said, having him on staff at the right time in the right role is going to pay great dividends.

This is no longer CFB D1P5, but rather independent NFL lower-tier operations.
If they didn’t need Alonzo Highsmith, the new AD and HC wouldn’t have hired him. It’s in my opinion they feel they need him to over see things. Miami under the new AD and HC need Alonzo Highsmith whether some want to admit it or not.

Advertisement
So we think Mario doesn't report to Rahd the Impaler?

Doesn't report to Frenk?

So he defacto (because therebis no org chart that will codify this) reports to Columbus Crew?

Didn't our beloved Hurricanes just suffer through 20 years of shïtshow organization?

This better work, we all need to see Ws....and they better be big Ws.

Go Canes.
Put your big boy pants on man

Just in very general terms, assuming these hires will be made, this is how I see it.

Think of Mario as the Godfather.

In terms of player talent and coaching talent, and on other ancillary matters, think of Zo as his consigliere.

Rad is the Meyer Lansky role. Money and infrastructure overview.

This is just in general terms how I view it, for simplicity’s sake.

The president of the university should be thought of as a prosecuting district attorney. He won’t have any involvement unless there’s a problem, other than of course he may be used as a prop for either recruitment or raising money.

Advertisement
Just in very general terms, assuming these hires will be made, this is how I see it.

Think of Mario as the godfather.

In terms of player talent and coaching talent, and on other ancillary matters, think of Zo as his consigliere.

Rad is the Meyer Lansky role. Money and infrastructure overview.

This is just in general terms how I view it, for simplicity’s sake.

The president of the university should be thought of as a prosecuting district attorney. He won’t have any involvement unless there’s a problem, other than of course he may be used as a prop for either recruitment or raising money.
EB09FADC-AC6A-4931-8FD9-1C0B0017BDEB.gif

Advertisement
Back