Alonzo HighSmith Joining Staff [Old thread, Rad says “not imminent”]

1645273537200.gif

Advertisement
the guy he spent the whole podcast talking to said he doesnt think will happen

That’s bizarre. Manny released the podcast yesterday I think and CLEARLY says that Zo is going to join in a unique role. Listen to the podcast.

If Highsmith is coming in a GM type role, I have to imagine he will be highly involved in NIL stuff as well as with staffing..keeping an interested list of names to replace the coaches that are hopefully moving on to bigger jobs. Also with Rad's higher involvement with the school maybe some traditional AD roles are available for Alonzo to take over. Especially overseeing the football teams resources.

Some great value I could see him adding is helping Mario share the U vision/values/culture with new coaches/players and helping evaluate the coaches/analysts/support staff job performance. Maybe helping with recruiting talent evaluation? Not necessarily on field skills but more off field insight. How is the kid in the community etc?

Advertisement
If Zo it's coming it will probably be called GM but probably more head of scouting talent evaluation and developing the players draft evaualtions. I don't see anyone above Mario. Lastly Manny Navarro is routinely wrong or late. Would love to see a role with the program but I will believe it when I see it.

If Zo it's coming it will probably be called GM but probably more head of scouting talent evaluation and developing the players draft evaualtions. I don't see anyone above Mario. Lastly Manny Navarro is routinely wrong or late. Would love to see a role with the program but I will believe it when I see it.
Bingo

Advertisement
Maybe now some of y'all can put these time frames into perspective now. This has been the plan since December when he first came on board. Not sure why the time frame for the announcement now because my understanding was it would stay quiet until clarity with carrolls situation.
I noticed she wasn't listed on the BOT members site. Maybe related to that in some way?

Well smack my *** and call me Sally!!!!! Yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think Zo has been working behind the scenes this whole time and helped to get Blake and Mandy wacked. It also wouldn't surprise me one bit if Zo had a hand in getting Mario hired. Dude was working the field at home games like a boss. Blake was ****ting bricks every time Zo would be in his vicinity.

I think Zo has been working behind the scenes this whole time and helped to get Blake and Mandy wacked. It also wouldn't surprise me one bit if Zo had a hand in getting Mario hired. Dude was working the field at home games like a boss. Blake was ****ting bricks every time Zo would be in his vicinity.

I wouldn’t surprise me either that Zo was integral in working with Rudy F in detailing what Miami needed to do to catch the big dogs and the build out the business plan for this resurgence

Advertisement
Advertisement
You could ask that question of anyone in the football department. As a GM he could have many responsibilities including organizational, planning, personnel, finance, equipment, transportation and media activities. A GM makes sure all non coaching responsibilities as related to football are "cohesive" and making the Football program function better both on field and behind the scenes.
One fact is that the entire athletic program is being restructured to a degree. It has been mentioned that UM athletes will ... going forward ... have support for their entire lives. This hasn't been clearly defined publicly so far but it apparently includes things like financial planning (make sure people are responsible with bonuses and big contract $$), business contacts, career planning, retirement planning. Alonzo in his role as VP Player Personnel was involved with a lot more than supervising talent evaluation and recruiting, he got involved with contracts, insurance, financial planning, a lot of activities that are transferable to the restructured athletic department.

Advertisement
Back