Almost sure Jimmy went 6-6 his first year and the rest is history.

Still waiting OriginalCane for your answer.
So Coach Charlie Tate will be remembered for the 0-0 tie against Notre Dame under the great coach Ara Parsegian in front of a raucous Orange Bowl crowd of 70,000.

What Charlie would do is punt on 3rd down which was absolutely the craziest thing his strategy was always to get optimum field position.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So Coach Charlie Tate will be remembered for the 0-0 tie against Notre Dame under the great coach Ara Parsegian in front of a raucous crowd of 70,000.

What Charlie would do is punt on 3rd down which was absolutely the craziest thing his strategy was always to get optimum field position.
And??????....Of ALL the UM Historical questions to stump someone with, this is the insignificant Gem you pull out of your ******??

Look, you are a fraud. You just are.

You can't come on this board and start a thread with the words "Almost sure"...

...and then post factually inaccurate information that was EASILY searchable in a matter of seconds on Google...

...and then say "oh, but I said I wasn't sure", as if we shouldn't hold you accountable for STARTING A THREAD that was misleading, since the predicate "facts" you were "almost sure" about...were completely wrong...
I would just caution you not to call someone a fraud perhaps careless and wrong but Fraud is going to far. In fact calling yourself the OriginalCane might be a more fraudulent thing to suggest.

And??????....Of ALL the UM Historical questions to stump someone with, this is the insignificant Gem you pull out of your ******??
I think it’s something you can’t look up on Google it’s a very odd coaching strategy and it’s just one question. Who are you to question a question lol

Advertisement
I would just caution you not to call someone a fraud perhaps careless and wrong but Fraud is going to far. In fact calling yourself the OriginalCane might be a more fraudulent thing to suggest.
I know @TheOriginalCane both on this site...and off it. You have no idea the wealth of knowledge he has in ref to UM sports. He tutored some of UMs Greatest players.

Urban Meyer and Jimbo Fisher, without looking up others.

I'm not sure if you were just making a point about how difficult it is to win quickly (it usually is), or somehow defending the ridiculous statement that "it took Erickson some time to get things going," which is patently false.
I forgot about that weird transition year with Fickell at OSU. I was thinking Urban took over from Tressell. I also didn’t realize Jimbo won 10 in year one. But overall, that list will be pretty short and will be missing coaches who ended up being big time winners.

Advertisement
Advertisement
If you don’t think that was a good question I am surprised at your response but that’s just me.
No....I think it's ridiculous in 2022 to try to stump someone with a insignificant question like you asked, from 1970. I promise you, he'd make you look ridiculous with more significant questions.

I’m not perfect nor do I claim to be OriginalCane is not the most humble person I’ve ever encountered. Anyway have a great day Hurricane fans.

Always remember as the number one gator hater coach Walt always said “Never cap the g’in gator.

OP cheers for FSU and gives the worst takes ever. To the point where I almost want to stop drinking and that’s pretty bad.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back