Almost sure Jimmy went 6-6 his first year and the rest is history.

OP.....They finna drag you...but you're 100% correct, and although very unpopular, I'll ride with you on this one....and here's why....

Before anyone drags OP...what's your opinion of the thought below...

If CIS were a thing during Jimmy Johnsons 1st year...what would the CIS reactions have been with him finishing 6-6 in Year 1?....
He didn't go 6-6 in his 1st yr.....Wtf is so hard for you to understand...Jesus Christ....Google it....he went 8-5

Last edited:
Advertisement
OriginalCane You do remember Charlie Tate ? If so and if you didn’t it would show your not who you think you are. What strategy did he often employ on 3rd down
OriginalCane You do remember Charlie Tate ? If so and if you didn’t it would show your not who you think you are. What strategy did he often employ on 3rd down ?
I’m waiting for your answer OriginalCane ??

I'm surprised it took until S1G3 for CIS porsterazzi to turn on Mario.

Should have happend at halftime during Spring Game.

OriginalCane You do remember Charlie Tate ? If so and if you didn’t it would show your not who you think you are. What strategy did he often employ on 3rd down ?

Look, you are a fraud. You just are.

You can't come on this board and start a thread with the words "Almost sure"...

...and then post factually inaccurate information that was EASILY searchable in a matter of seconds on Google...

...and then say "oh, but I said I wasn't sure", as if we shouldn't hold you accountable for STARTING A THREAD that was misleading, since the predicate "facts" you were "almost sure" about...were completely wrong...

Advertisement
He went 8-5. Good lord, some of you know nothing about this program, or about basic research.

Historically Howard , Dennis and Jimmy needed time to knock it out of the park. Mario is off to a gigantic start in recruiting. It’s all good.🫠 What a lot of our followers don’t know it was NFL Coach Lou Saban that turned this program around.
Dennis Erickson won a national championship in year 1 and year 3. He played for another in year 4.

Advertisement
Look, you are a fraud. You just are.

You can't come on this board and start a thread with the words "Almost sure"...

...and then post factually inaccurate information that was EASILY searchable in a matter of seconds on Google...

...and then say "oh, but I said I wasn't sure", as if we shouldn't hold you accountable for STARTING A THREAD that was misleading, since the predicate "facts" you were "almost sure" about...were completely wrong...
You are right I’m sorry it was early in the morning and I could have googled it but that was not the main point. Now I threw out a very simple question to you if you as you claim to know everything about Hurricane football. I would not ask this question if it wasn’t something I thought was not a interesting time in our history regarding Charlie Tate.

Dennis Erickson won a national championship in year 1 and year 3. He played for another in year 4.
He took over for a team that went 11-1 the prior season. How many coaches have taken over a mediocre team that won 7 games or less and had double digit wins in year 1? Terry Bowden is the only one I can think of.

You are right I’m sorry it was early in the morning and I could have googled it but that was not the main point. Now I threw out a very simple question to you if you as you claim to know everything about Hurricane football. I would not ask this question if it wasn’t something I thought was not a interesting time in our history regarding Charlie Tate.
F Charlie Tate...Yeah 1970 was a decent yr...We finished 9th if I remember correctly...Dude was run outta town. Always was crying about how the Dolphins were more popular.

Advertisement
F Charlie Tate...Yeah 1970 was a decent yr...We finished 9th if I remember correctly...Dude was run outta town. Always was crying about how the Dolphins were more popular.
You are somewhat correct. But do you know what he used to do on 3rd downs still waiting for OriginalCane to answer the question.

Still waiting OriginalCane for your answer.

You are somewhat correct. But do you know what he used to do on 3rd downs still waiting for OriginalCane to answer the question.
What tf does that mean in the Grand scheme of this entire thread. I was 10yrs old in 1970. I can stump you 2,000 times with questions, without going back 50yrs.

Advertisement
He took over for a team that went 11-1 the prior season. How many coaches have taken over a mediocre team that won 7 games or less and had double digit wins in year 1? Terry Bowden is the only one I can think of.
Urban Meyer and Jimbo Fisher, without looking up others.

I'm not sure if you were just making a point about how difficult it is to win quickly (it usually is), or somehow defending the ridiculous statement that "it took Erickson some time to get things going," which is patently false.

Still waiting OriginalCane for your answer.
This Charlie Tate?

1663686953196.png

Urban Meyer and Jimbo Fisher, without looking up others.

I'm not sure if you were just making a point about how difficult it is to win quickly (it usually is), or somehow defending the ridiculous statement that "it took Erickson some time to get things going," which is patently false.
True should not have included Dennis my mistake.

True should not have included Dennis my mistake.
I am not one of the people suggesting to run Mario out of town- far from it. I realize that this program is about recruiting, and want to see us on schedule. That means having the right coaches in place to evaluate talent and sell the program. We need a strong class, and our margin for error is razor thin.

Advertisement
Back