Allow me to rant. I've been a fan for 35 years...

Coker went from all time great to 7-6 with a loss to Louisville 4 years later. Absolutely clueless
Just hearing the name Coker makes me disgusted. But your spot on post has taken my disdain for Coker to a new level.

Advertisement
Started watching the Canes around 83 and freaking loved every moment but you could feel **** deflate as soon as Clappy took over the helm. If I recall he was the players choice - they all wanted that dude as our first corch and a corch he was. This long stretch of suck is hard. The worst thing is that the kids now have no understanding of the dominance and what it felt like when anyone said "The U". It used to recruit itself. Maybe one day we get that back but not without a serious change, at all levels.

We mess it up every single time? Really, Howard, JJ, Erickson, Butch? Like all programs we miss on coaches, but these broad generalizations are just BS. Even Coker was a good coach. Sadly, Mark Richt had health issues, burn out and it showed in year 3. Randy, Golden were terrible and Diaz has yet to seal his fate. You don't fire coaches after 3 years if you want to build a program.
Gtfoh Coker was the beginning of the end

I've been thinking lately and the highlight of my Cane fandom (that I remember well) is a regular season win against ND. How f*cking sad is that.
Find something else to do on Saturday. If your highlight is ND 17….

So you really don’t know real Canes football is then. I don’t know if we’ll ever see it again

I think the internet killed the canes. 80’s and 90’s no Internet. We kept everyone home. 2001. We got lucky with Butch. Now with recruiting sites and internet. All the best are known around the country. We don’t get them anymore.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back