Allow me to rant. I've been a fan for 35 years...

Coker was the beginning of the end. Coker killed Miami football.
I am not convinced of this in terms of Coker killing Miami football. He took the team to consecutive championships and not the best recruiting & results afterward but Miami was still relevant when he got fired. I feel the real destruction was done with Shannon & Golden & Shalalllaaaaaaaaa

Advertisement
Coker was the beginning of the end. Coker killed Miami football.
Coker really managed to turn caviar into cow sh*t in record time it's true but it goes way beyond him. I was on campus a lot in those days including the Butch to Coker transition and you already we starting to see the priorities change from winning to personal "branding" among the players.

We've officially become Notre Dame. All we have left to do is reminisce amount the past and re-live our glory days. At least ND has been able to maintain relevancy even through their downfall, while we've basically turned into NC State.

Advertisement
I am not convinced of this in terms of Coker killing Miami football. He took the team to consecutive championships and not the best recruiting & results afterward but Miami was still relevant when he got fired. I feel the real destruction was done with Shannon & Golden & Shalalllaaaaaaaaa

Coker was the symptom, not the problem, as is Manny. Remember Tad Foote? The school has rarely if ever supported the football team. It didnt even in the glory years, Donna and her BOT certainly didnt, and Frenk and this BOT doesnt either.

Focus on *if* we replace the AD, and then with who. A good, reputable AD will want more power than Blake has, but will the BOT allow that? Think of Alonzo Highsmith as an example. He wouldnt take the job unless he could hire and fire who he wanted. Would he keep Manny? Doubtful. Would he keep a Jen Strawley? NFW. And there is your problem.

Indulge me in this. As a fan, I have enjoyed my time as a Hurricanes fan. I've given to the program. I've supported them through all of the bull****. I got to watch Erickson, Walsh, Torretta, Costa, Dorsey, Kirbnobyl, everyone. I have never felt so bad about this program during a time where we should be full of excitement and on our way to the top. But what top? Because I just dont see it anymore.

We make cheap hires. We **** it up every single time. The last time an AD gave a **** was Paul Dee and he is long gone, having vodka shots with the Yamma Yamma. Our facilities are fine. Our talent is not. And that turnover chain needs to be locked in a vault until this bull**** ends. Which it likely wont. The team always starts slow, and they are undisciplined.

The offense should be so much further ahead this year, yet they look stunted, like an 11 year old smoking Marlboro Reds and getting stuck at 5'2'' for the rest of his life. **** me. Its awful to watch. I keep turning off the TV halfway through the games because of it. This is no longer enjoyable at any ******* level. Its worse than getting stuck in a Chuck E Cheese and someone throwing away the key.

I love the program, but hate its current DNA and leadership. And its been like this forever.

FML.
Took my 2 sons to Chuck E. Cheese yesterday. Did you know that for $20 they offer unlimited gameplay for 2 hours? WTF?? When we were kids they charged $1 for a single game of Dragins Lair!!

No wonder the kids of today are entitled azzholes.

Advertisement
Indulge me in this. As a fan, I have enjoyed my time as a Hurricanes fan. I've given to the program. I've supported them through all of the bull****. I got to watch Erickson, Walsh, Torretta, Costa, Dorsey, Kirbnobyl, everyone. I have never felt so bad about this program during a time where we should be full of excitement and on our way to the top. But what top? Because I just dont see it anymore.

We make cheap hires. We **** it up every single time. The last time an AD gave a **** was Paul Dee and he is long gone, having vodka shots with the Yamma Yamma. Our facilities are fine. Our talent is not. And that turnover chain needs to be locked in a vault until this bull**** ends. Which it likely wont. The team always starts slow, and they are undisciplined.

The offense should be so much further ahead this year, yet they look stunted, like an 11 year old smoking Marlboro Reds and getting stuck at 5'2'' for the rest of his life. **** me. Its awful to watch. I keep turning off the TV halfway through the games because of it. This is no longer enjoyable at any ******* level. Its worse than getting stuck in a Chuck E Cheese and someone throwing away the key.

I love the program, but hate its current DNA and leadership. And its been like this forever.

FML.
I too, feel your pain my man. Matter of fact, I didn't even watch the second-half of the Roll Tide, Roll fiasco!! The bottom line: Miami, Florida Hurricane football, like Nebraska, will NOT return to their glory days!!

Because other than Richt's second season in Coral Gables, Miami has done CRAP on the synthetic turf!! Absolutely nothing. And since 2005, Mr. Onion Head had a very good season, but was taken down against mighty Wisconsin. Then, thee Golden Boy, also, had a very good season, but that was only because Miami had one of the WEAKEST non-conference seasons in memory. Along with a relatively comfortable conference schedule ( And the ACC gave Miami a break that season in scheduling conference games. LOL ). So yes, it's been a two decade drought of being SIGNIFICANT on the major CFB radar. Think a legitimate Top 6 team and all that. And not a preseason paper tiger. huh? Peace.

If you've been a fan for 35 years you got a few years under your belt. You may have missed this - Miami WON the game Saturday.

Of course, seniority entitles you to rant any time you want to. I just thought that given your advanced years, you mite not have quite understood that the outcome of the game was a VICTORY. Carry on doe, Sir.

Unsure why you have to bring up seniority - I just mentioned that I have had the luck of being a fan for 35 years. I do not feel superior to anyone due to my time investment.

Yeah, we won. Cool. We almost lost. And we have 10X resources than they have, and our backyard is full of high school Ferraris and Porsches while theirs barely have teeth. If you are OK with this, then cool. I am not.

Advertisement

FML.
I was with you until Chuck E Cheese

Advertisement
When does rush start for Pi Kappa Banner? Where's yall's house?
streaking will ferrell GIF

FML.

Miami always made cheap hires and brought on up and comers, or unknown guys—Howard was a Dolphins' assistant, JJ was an Oklahoma State coach that never beat the Big 8's powers, Dennis was a pacific northwest nobody with a one-back offense and Butch was a third-choice, perennial assistant who only took the job after Sonny Lubick and Dave Wannstedt declined.

Larry was a babysitter. Randy was an in over his head guy who didn't learn on the job. Al was a fraud. Richt was the right guy at the wrong time; needed him a decade earlier.

College football became a big time sport and moneymaker over the past 20 years—Miami saddled with Donna Shalala the majority of that time; a woman who didn't believe you could have sports and a medical department. It was either-or for her—so long as UM player weren't in trouble and whatever coach in charge made a bowl game, she was fine.

UM should've brought back Butch in 2006—firing Coker after the LSU debacle in 2005. Instead, they kept Larry around to let him bottom out (7-6) and UNC poached Butch weeks before Coker's final game—though it made no difference at the BoT was still butt-hurt over Butch's 2001 departure and vowed to never bring him back.

Between soft leadership at UM with their presidents, to weak-willed athletic directors (or climbers like Hocutt and Eichorst, who used UM like a rest stop bathroom) and an out-of-touch board of trustees; it's zero shock that a guy like Manny Diaz is in charge of this broken-*** program.

Will there be meetings? If so, will they be catered? Will we receive some kind of acknowledgement like a plaque or certificate or one of those little lucite statues?
Swords on the table and finger pricks mandatory

FML.

you said it!! Let it go, let it all out!!!

Im with you on all this...

Advertisement
Back