Allow Me to Pontificate…

Head coach/DC/LB coach whose unit has regressed every year and lacked any talent he crooted. Yea he will go the Golden/Coker path as soon as he’s let go.

Advertisement
I didn’t want Diaz. Was bummed about the hire.

But then I listened to DMoneys podcast and he sold me on “Diaz being smart”.

The antics are cool and are
Great until games are played.

And for whatever reason. Manny can’t teach and motivate these guys to play at a
High level.

And sadly yesterday for the first time… they quit on Manny because until yesterday’s 4th quarter at least he had that going for him.

In my book Manny never got the “not his guys” excuse becuase he’s been here 6 years and recruited this defense.
You obviously missed last years UNC game, the FIU game the year before that, and so on

So $16.3MM over three year? Everyone knows the $4MM Temple buyout. Is Manolo getting paid $4.1MM per?!?! That's some serious coin for a below average DC...

That was my fault, champ. I need to edit that. Its $13.3m. I had Richt’s salary in my head. But chit, when u total what he was paid as a DC + his egregious salary bump, + the lost $ on Enos (which I believe was $1m), it adds up to a bit over $16m.

Advertisement
What's the pt of this thread? That the 41st highest paid HC in P5 failed to meet unrealistic expectations of one of the most negative, poisonous, & toxic fanbases in all of sports?? LMAO

For the last 20 yrs this program has received, exactly what it deserved. Bottom line

Why anyone who considers themselves intelligent would try to compare Diaz's salary to Dabo's 15 yrs ago is beyond me. Do you not understand the basic concept of inflation? Smh. Furthermore, Dabo & Matt Campbell are OUTLIERS. Not the norm. Citing them as examples only underscores the pt that options for this program are limited. In every way imaginable. For some reason this is not registering with you.

You can act like an arm-chair QB, and engage in revisionist history until the cows come home. Whether you do or not, It's not going to change the reality of the situation for this program.

Advertisement
What's the pt of this thread? That the 41st highest paid HC in P5 failed to meet unrealistic expectations of one of the most negative, poisonous, & toxic fanbases in all of sports?? LMAO

For the last 20 yrs this program has received, exactly what it deserved. Bottom line

Why anyone who considers themselves intelligent would try to compare Diaz's salary to Dabo's 15 yrs ago is beyond me. Do you not understand the basic concept of inflation? Smh. Furthermore, Dabo & Matt Campbell are OUTLIERS. Not the norm. Citing them as examples only underscores the pt that options for this program are limited. In every way imaginable. For some reason this is not registering with you.

You can act like an arm-chair QB, and engage in revisionist history until the cows come home. Whether you do or not, It's not going to change the reality of the situation for this program.
You know why I love these types of posts as well as oldhead Gordon Solie's? It makes me wonder.......

David Boreanaz Sealteam GIF by CBS

Manny bet on himself when he decided he should call the defense and be the HC

He failed and now is going to be out of a job unless by some miracle we don’t lose an ACC game
He has a guy on staff Ed Reed, who played on great defenses both in college and the Pros, his defensive assistant held a Tua led Alabama team to 300 yards, when they were averaging over 500: I just don't understand how we can be this bad. Actually I didn't like Richt hiring Manny, the almost 600 yards he gave up to BYU while being the defensive coordinator for Texas was the fly in the ointment :

Hey @apex_predator welcome!!!

Why don’t u provide us w/ a spread sheet as to why Miami lost to MSU

My G, you're trippin. You really gotta stop creating these worthless threads, homey. You're doing more harm than good, because you're only helping to create more mongoloids in this fanbase. Smh

If this was the NFL or NBA, I would be with you 100%. We would have no disagreements. There exists a level playing field & parity in those leagues, so it makes sense to put the onus entirely on the HC & management. While in college athletics, and particularly in CFB, you have a unleveled playing field. Therefore, the only reasonable thing to do as a true fan is to temper expectations accordingly. Or, go root for another team, that doesn't disappoint you, nearly as much. Your choice

Last edited:
Advertisement
He only talks about bull **** that makes him sound like he knows what he’s talking about.

Exactly. Let’s talk about some of the coaches that make/made more than Diaz:

Chip Kelly (Hot seat)
Clay Helton (Fired)
Scott Frost (Hot Seat)
Mike Leach (Choke Artist)
Mark Stoops (51 - 50 record)
Pat Fitzgerald (perennial 6-8 win program)
Justin Fuente (hot seat)
Gus Malzhan (fired from a P5 gig, now G5)
Pat Narduzzi (never won over 8 games)
Jeremy Pruitt (fired)
Eliah Drinkwitz (struggling at the P5 level)
Lovie Smith (fired)
Dana Holgorsen (9-14 at a G5 gig)
Derek Mason (fired)
Mike Norvell (just lost to a FCS school)
Les Miles (fired)
Kevin Sumlin (fired, twice)
Justin Wilcox (22-23 record)
Scott Satterfield (14-13 record)
Karl Dorrell (struggling at Colorado)

So why does this fool keep bringing up salaries? But u know what’s the funny part in all of this? With the exception of Helton & Malzhan, I can easily say that all of these coaches are struggling b/c of their recruiting….Diaz may be the 41st highest paid coach out of 127 D1 coaches (and yes there are a couple of G5 coaches making more than him), but the program has been recruiting, consistently better than majority of our opponents on schedule & for sure the Coastal.

But we can continue to let him parrot his “point.”

My G, you be trippin. You really gotta stop creating these worthless threads, homey. You're doing more harm than good, because you're only helping to create more mongoloids in this fanbase. Smh

If this was the NFL or NBA, I would be with you 100%. We would have no disagreements. There exists a level playing field & parity in those leagues, so it makes sense to put the onus entirely on the HC & management. While in college athletics, and particularly in CFB, you have a unleveled playing field. Therefore, the only reasonable thing to do as a true fan is to temper expectations accordingly. Or, go root for another team, that doesn't disappoint you, nearly as much. Your choice

1. I hardly create threads

2. Why would I temper expectations against App St & MSU?

Lol.

Advertisement
This is actually significantly WORSE than the Shannon promotion because:

1. We at least conducted a coaching search before hiring Shannon. He was like our Plan C or D option and that’s what we were left with

2. We didn’t buy out Shannon’s contract from anyone. He was still in house. We threw $4M DOWN THE DRAIN to bring Manuela back after he was at Temple for how long, a week?! I’m so tired of the money excuse people make for our results when the school carelessly throws around money like that. It’s criminal,
3. Failed to learn from past past failures, like hiring Shannon, and did the same stupid thing again.

Exactly. Let’s talk about some of the coaches that make/made more than Diaz:

Chip Kelly (Hot seat)
Clay Helton (Fired)
Scott Frost (Hot Seat)
Mike Leach (Choke Artist)
Mark Stoops (51 - 50 record)
Pat Fitzgerald (perennial 6-8 win program)
Justin Fuente (hot seat)
Gus Malzhan (fired from a P5 gig, now G5)
Pat Narduzzi (never won over 8 games)
Jeremy Pruitt (fired)
Eliah Drinkwitz (struggling at the P5 level)
Lovie Smith (fired)
Dana Holgorsen (9-14 at a G5 gig)
Derek Mason (fired)
Mike Norvell (just lost to a FCS school)
Les Miles (fired)
Kevin Sumlin (fired, twice)
Justin Wilcox (22-23 record)
Scott Satterfield (14-13 record)
Karl Dorrell (struggling at Colorado)

So why does this fool keep bringing up salaries? But u know what’s the funny part in all of this? With the exception of Helton & Malzhan, I can easily say that all of these coaches are struggling b/c of their recruiting….Diaz may be the 41st highest paid coach out of 127 D1 coaches (and yes there are a couple of G5 coaches making more than him), but the program has been recruiting, consistently better than majority of our opponents on schedule & for sure the Coastal.

But we can continue to let him parrot his “point.”

Just stop. You're grasping at straws. JFC. What you're saying is so ridiculous, it's not even worth responding to.

The first football game I ever watched was a Miami Dolphins game with my Grandfather who had been a season tix holder from the Dolphins beginning. One New Years I was at home alone and thought I would turn on tv. There was a game on. Miami vs Nebraska. After that game I was hooked. I heard later that Miami had won the natty after that game and had no idea how big a deal it was. I been a Cane since that day. Oh how I long for those days.

Advertisement
Back