Allow Me to Pontificate…

Rellyrell

Heisman Winner
Premium
What he said back in 2019:

What he did back in 2019:

And for these antics, many here crowned him as El Jefe. Lol

Sometimes theatrics can fool even some of the most astute fans. “Hope” is one of the most dangerous drugs that have resulted in ppl becoming rich off other’s naivety. Diaz took full advantage of many of your hopes & u were blinded to the facts. For that, u should be extremely upset.

The fact is, a Tiger doesn’t change its stripes, they just change their movement. The fact (stripes) was Diaz was a journeyman DC who became disgraced w/ a rep of running gimmicky concepts that are undisciplined.

The fact (stripes) was Diaz has never been a good recruiter, not at NCSt, not at Middle Tennesse, Texas, Miss St & def not here. {Diaz has been the primary recruiter of only 3 blue chips in his entire career: 1 while at UT & 2 here (Huff, and Harvey)}

Richt shined him up (changed his movement), although there were glaring warning signs. He was apart of a failed regime, and not just a failed regime on the field, but one that had locker room issues. Yet somehow our AD, and some fans, were duped into thinking that this guy, w/ this resume (the tiger w/ these stripes), would somehow lead us back to our once proud tradition b/c he preyed upon ur hope & an inept AD’s desperation. His theatrics gave u all the “feel” of what a Miami guy would be, saying all the right things, citing his “old” OB memories as a child, romanticizing his youth as an avid fan (although he’s a Nole), crashing our rivals’ football clinic, all while tickling the ears of anyone who hoped he was the prodigal son to lead us, all the while not truly paying attention.

The excuses that were used was b/c ppl don’t want to be wrong, it’s human nature. We use excuses when hope is still invested in. If u went out on a limb to defend the hire, defend the coach, yet see everything contrary, then of course U’re going to hide behind excuses, b/c reality is much more grim. That’s what blind fans do, that’s what makes them fanatics; and those who do not drink the Kool-Aid, debunk every excuse w/ facts or common sense are labeled as Mopes, fake fans, etc. Well call me a mope on 09/18/21. Why?

B/c here we are: once again overrated, soft, undisciplined, unmotivated, and full of disappointment. THAT’S the reality. “El Jefe” has provided his sicarios w/ guns to enter gun fights, but he neglected to tell them they are loaded w/ rubber bullets, & we are getting bodied by any and every team that has a pulse. We have continually made teams that are far inferior than us, look like future CFP contenders. (Is that 3 star transfer RB from WF still running? How bout that no star walk on DE; did he beat Zion again?)

Regardless of posters showing 30 sec clips of practice, or hearing about how much bigger, stronger, faster we are, at the end of the day, it’s the same Tiger. Diaz has been here for 6 yrs, longer than Shannon, Golden, and Richt. When will some of u finally concede we do not only have a talent problem, we have a coaching problem. We have a leadership problem, and those two lead to a locker room full of apathy. I knew we were in trouble when there was a new narrative introduced by Diaz. After the Bama game, that didn’t define us or our season; but, after the close call against App St, it shifted from “that’s what they do to teams” (9/11/21) to “It’s the Bama effect.” That is who r leader is, and his boss is twiddling his thumbs while his man-wife has his/er thumb up his ***. Which leads to:

There’s nothing exciting about this team b/c there’s no direction. I watched Pitt vs. WMU, UNC v UVA, Fresno v UCLA, Bama v UF…all exciting games. We’re flat; there’s nothing exciting from the defensive end, as we continually give up 400+, and we’re definitely not exciting on offense seeing all the drop balls, penalties, and ?able play calls.

The off season is always much more fun than the regular season, b/c at least in the off season, we can still dream before reality hits. My advice is stop drinking sugarless Kool-Aid, expecting that it magically is going to become sweet b/c it’s packaged different. Stop allowing ur hope to contribute & support this bull chit.

My last reminder is this:
By year 3, Shannon was 21-17
By year 3, Golden was 22-15
Right now Diaz is 15-12
He’s projecting like his predecessors, but unlike his predecessors, he was bought out of his contract ($4m) to come here & b/c of that, if he’s fired, the guy who was bamboozled into that deal, HAS to go. $16.3m spent in 3 yrs should yield better results than 15-12.

Last edited:
Advertisement

Sometimes theatrics can fool even some of the most astute fans. “Hope” is one of the most dangerous drugs that have resulted in ppl becoming rich off other’s naivety. Diaz took full advantage of many of your hopes & u were blinded to the facts. For that, u should be extremely upset.

The fact is, a Tiger doesn’t change its stripes, they just change their movement. The fact (stripes) was Diaz was a journeyman DC who became disgraced w/ a rep of running gimmicky concepts that are undisciplined.

The fact (stripes) was Diaz has never been a good recruiter, not at NCSt, not at Middle Tennesse, Texas, Miss St & def not here. {Diaz has been the primary recruiter of only 3 blue chips in his entire career: 1 while at UT & 2 here (Huff, and Harvey)}

Richt shined him up (changed his movement), although there were glaring warning signs. He was apart of a failed regime, and not just a failed regime on the field, but one that had locker room issues. Yet somehow our AD, and some fans, were duped into thinking that this guy, w/ this resume (the tiger w/ these stripes), would somehow lead us back to our once proud tradition b/c he preyed upon ur hope & an inept AD’s desperation. His theatrics gave u all the “feel” of what a Miami guy would be, saying all the right things, citing his “old” OB memories as a child, romanticizing his youth as an avid fan (although he’s a Nole), crashing our rivals’ football clinic, all while tickling the ears of anyone who hoped he was the prodigal son to lead us, all the while not truly paying attention.

The excuses that were used was b/c ppl don’t want to be wrong, it’s human nature. We use excuses when hope is still invested in. If u went out on a limb to defend the hire, defend the coach, yet see everything contrary, then of course U’re going to hide behind excuses, b/c reality is much more grim. That’s what blind fans do, that’s what makes them fanatics; and those who do not drink the Kool-Aid, debunk every excuse w/ facts or common sense are labeled as Mopes, fake fans, etc. Well call me a mope on 09/18/21. Why?

B/c here we are: once again overrated, soft, undisciplined, unmotivated, and full of disappointment. THAT’S the reality. “El Jefe” has provided his sicarios w/ guns to enter gun fights, but he neglected to tell them they are loaded w/ rubber bullets, & we are getting bodied by any and every team that has a pulse. We have continually made teams that are far inferior than us, look like future CFP contenders. (Is that 3 star transfer RB from WF still running? How bout that no star walk on DE; did he beat Zion again?)

Regardless of posters showing 30 sec clips of practice, or hearing about how much bigger, stronger, faster we are, at the end of the day, it’s the same Tiger. Diaz has been here for 6 yrs, longer than Shannon, Golden, and Richt. When will some of u finally concede we do not have a talent problem, we have a coaching problem. We have a leadership problem, and those two lead to a locker room full of apathy. I knew we were in trouble when there was a new narrative introduced by Diaz. After the Bama game, that didn’t define us or our season; but, after the close call against App St, it shifted from “that’s what they do to teams” (9/11/21) to “It’s the Bama effect.” That is who r leader is, and his boss is twiddling his thumbs while his man-wife has his/er thumb up his ***. Which leads to:

There’s nothing exciting about this team b/c there’s no direction. I watched Pitt vs. WMU, UNC v UVA, Fresno v UCLA, Bama v UF…all exciting games. We’re flat; there’s nothing exciting from the defensive end, as we continually give up 400+, and we’re definitely not exciting on offense seeing all the drop balls, penalties, and ?able play calls.

The off season is always much more fun than the regular season. My advice is stop drinking sugarless Kool-Aid, expecting that it magically is going to become sweet b/c it’s packaged different. Stop allowing ur hope to contribute & support this bull chit.

Right now Diaz is 15-12
He’s projecting like his predecessors, but unlike his predecessors, he was bought out of his contract ($4m) to come here & b/c of that, if he’s fired, the guy who was bamboozled into that deal, HAS to go. $16.3m spent in 3 yrs should yield better results than 15-12.

It’s like, why all the antics and all the hype and you not going to act on it?!! His problem is he tried to be buddy buddy with these players too much and now they don’t respect him.. no accountability! he’s the participation award ahs coach! I ***king hate those coaches so much!!!

Regardless of posters showing 30 sec clips of practice, or hearing about how much bigger, stronger, faster we are, at the end of the day, it’s the same Tiger. Diaz has been here for 6 yrs, longer than Shannon, Golden, and Richt. When will some of u finally concede we do not have a talent problem, we have a coaching problem. We have a leadership problem, and those two lead to a locker room full of apathy. I knew we were in trouble when there was a new narrative introduced by Diaz. After the Bama game, that didn’t define us or our season; but, after the close call against App St, it shifted from “that’s what they do to teams” (9/11/21) to “It’s the Bama effect.” That is who r leader is, and his boss is twiddling his thumbs while his man-wife has his/er thumb up his ***. Which leads to:

The off season is always much more fun than the regular season. My advice is stop drinking sugarless Kool-Aid, expecting that it magically is going to become sweet b/c it’s packaged different. Stop allowing ur hope to contribute & support this bull chit.

Right now Diaz is 15-12

A doctor once told me that sugarless kool-aid helps you pass a UA.

BUT DEADASS, MY GUY.
Spot on.

It’s like, why all the antics and all the hype and you not going to act on it?!! His problem is he tried to be buddy buddy with these players too much and now they don’t respect him.. he’s the participation award ahs coach! I ***king hate those coaches so much!!!

It’s kinda like the dude that gotta over sale himself to compensate for what he’s missing. Now that I look back at what was said back in 2019, there was a true nervous energy & a dopey guy trying to be cool. It’s all an act.

Advertisement
I didn’t want Diaz. Was bummed about the hire.

But then I listened to DMoneys podcast and he sold me on “Diaz being smart”.

The antics are cool and are
Great until games are played.

And for whatever reason. Manny can’t teach and motivate these guys to play at a
High level.

And sadly yesterday for the first time… they quit on Manny because until yesterday’s 4th quarter at least he had that going for him.

In my book Manny never got the “not his guys” excuse becuase he’s been here 6 years and recruited this defense.

Advertisement

The off season is always much more fun than the regular season, b/c at least in the off season, we can still dream before reality hits. My advice is stop drinking sugarless Kool-Aid, expecting that it magically is going to become sweet b/c it’s packaged different. Stop allowing ur hope to contribute & support this bull chit.

Right now Diaz is 15-12

A lot of us said the same thing when he was hired. We learned nothing from the Shannon promotion. You hope for the best knowing first iceberg sighted, full steam ahead.

Last edited:
A lot of us said the same thing when he was hired. We learned nothing from the Shannon promotion.
This is actually significantly WORSE than the Shannon promotion because:

1. We at least conducted a coaching search before hiring Shannon. He was like our Plan C or D option and that’s what we were left with

2. We didn’t buy out Shannon’s contract from anyone. He was still in house. We threw $4M DOWN THE DRAIN to bring Manuela back after he was at Temple for how long, a week?! I’m so tired of the money excuse people make for our results when the school carelessly throws around money like that. It’s criminal,

This is actually significantly WORSE than the Shannon promotion because:

1. We at least conducted a coaching search before hiring Shannon. He was like our Plan C or D option and that’s what we were left with

2. We didn’t buy out Shannon’s contract from anyone. He was still in house. We threw $4M DOWN THE DRAIN to bring Manuela back after he was at Temple for how long, a week?! I’m so tired of the money excuse people make for our results when the school carelessly throws around money like that. It’s criminal,
Of course, it is worse. My only point is you already hired a coordinator off a failed staff and we did it again. Only place where it has worked is Clemson and Swinney was interim. Even those interim coaches rarely work out, too.

Advertisement
How many times will these idiots hire Temple HCs or assistant corches off of failed regimes and not learn from their mistakes? The Clappy, Shannon and Lispy hires I knew would be dumpster fires. It doesnt take a Ph.D to figure it out. We have SJW incompetent morons running the asylum and only after a complete purge will there be hope. Who pushed for the Lispy hire? Whoever it was get them the f*ck outta there!

Advertisement
He fails here his coaching career may as well be over. This job has exposed his defense as a gimmick, his recruiting as below average, he preparation as poor, his all bark and no bite mentality, and his inability to adjust b/c he can never be wrong, and his inability to lead a team. Dude will end up like No D coaching youth football somewhere.

He thinks he’s the smartest in the room. His problem is he’s not but wants to surround himself with people that think he is. Probably why Highsmith is not here. That move could have possibly saved his career here.

I didn’t want Diaz. Was bummed about the hire.

But then I listened to DMoneys podcast and he sold me on “Diaz being smart”.

The antics are cool and are
Great until games are played.

And for whatever reason. Manny can’t teach and motivate these guys to play at a
High level.

And sadly yesterday for the first time… they quit on Manny because until yesterday’s 4th quarter at least he had that going for him.

In my book Manny never got the “not his guys” excuse becuase he’s been here 6 years and recruited this defense.
D$ and those like him are part of the problem too

He fails here his coaching career may as well be over. This job has exposed his defense as a gimmick, his recruiting as below average, he preparation as poor, his all bark and no bite mentality, and his inability to adjust b/c he can never be wrong, and his inability to lead a team. Dude will end up like No D coaching youth football somewhere.

He thinks he’s the smartest in the room. His problem is he’s not but wants to surround himself with people that think he is. Probably why Highsmith is not here. That move could have possibly saved his career here.
I do feel like his disposition hurts him. For all of his units to fail in principals that I'm sure are being taught, I'm starting to now believe, like many have said, that he doesn't instill the right amount of expectation into his players.

I normally shrug off comments about coaching dispositions but when all units fail, that generally comes from the top.

Advertisement
Back