Allow Me to Pontificate…

What he said back in 2019:

What he did back in 2019:

And for these antics, many here crowned him as El Jefe. Lol

Sometimes theatrics can fool even some of the most astute fans. “Hope” is one of the most dangerous drugs that have resulted in ppl becoming rich off other’s naivety. Diaz took full advantage of many of your hopes & u were blinded to the facts. For that, u should be extremely upset.

The fact is, a Tiger doesn’t change its stripes, they just change their movement. The fact (stripes) was Diaz was a journeyman DC who became disgraced w/ a rep of running gimmicky concepts that are undisciplined.

The fact (stripes) was Diaz has never been a good recruiter, not at NCSt, not at Middle Tennesse, Texas, Miss St & def not here. {Diaz has been the primary recruiter of only 3 blue chips in his entire career: 1 while at UT & 2 here (Huff, and Harvey)}

Richt shined him up (changed his movement), although there were glaring warning signs. He was apart of a failed regime, and not just a failed regime on the field, but one that had locker room issues. Yet somehow our AD, and some fans, were duped into thinking that this guy, w/ this resume (the tiger w/ these stripes), would somehow lead us back to our once proud tradition b/c he preyed upon ur hope & an inept AD’s desperation. His theatrics gave u all the “feel” of what a Miami guy would be, saying all the right things, citing his “old” OB memories as a child, romanticizing his youth as an avid fan (although he’s a Nole), crashing our rivals’ football clinic, all while tickling the ears of anyone who hoped he was the prodigal son to lead us, all the while not truly paying attention.

The excuses that were used was b/c ppl don’t want to be wrong, it’s human nature. We use excuses when hope is still invested in. If u went out on a limb to defend the hire, defend the coach, yet see everything contrary, then of course U’re going to hide behind excuses, b/c reality is much more grim. That’s what blind fans do, that’s what makes them fanatics; and those who do not drink the Kool-Aid, debunk every excuse w/ facts or common sense are labeled as Mopes, fake fans, etc. Well call me a mope on 09/18/21. Why?

B/c here we are: once again overrated, soft, undisciplined, unmotivated, and full of disappointment. THAT’S the reality. “El Jefe” has provided his sicarios w/ guns to enter gun fights, but he neglected to tell them they are loaded w/ rubber bullets, & we are getting bodied by any and every team that has a pulse. We have continually made teams that are far inferior than us, look like future CFP contenders. (Is that 3 star transfer RB from WF still running? How bout that no star walk on DE; did he beat Zion again?)

Regardless of posters showing 30 sec clips of practice, or hearing about how much bigger, stronger, faster we are, at the end of the day, it’s the same Tiger. Diaz has been here for 6 yrs, longer than Shannon, Golden, and Richt. When will some of u finally concede we do not have a talent problem, we have a coaching problem. We have a leadership problem, and those two lead to a locker room full of apathy. I knew we were in trouble when there was a new narrative introduced by Diaz. After the Bama game, that didn’t define us or our season; but, after the close call against App St, it shifted from “that’s what they do to teams” (9/11/21) to “It’s the Bama effect.” That is who r leader is, and his boss is twiddling his thumbs while his man-wife has his/er thumb up his ***. Which leads to:

There’s nothing exciting about this team b/c there’s no direction. I watched Pitt vs. WMU, UNC v UVA, Fresno v UCLA, Bama v UF…all exciting games. We’re flat; there’s nothing exciting from the defensive end, as we continually give up 400+, and we’re definitely not exciting on offense seeing all the drop balls, penalties, and ?able play calls.

The off season is always much more fun than the regular season, b/c at least in the off season, we can still dream before reality hits. My advice is stop drinking sugarless Kool-Aid, expecting that it magically is going to become sweet b/c it’s packaged different. Stop allowing ur hope to contribute & support this bull chit.

My last reminder is this:
By year 3, Shannon was 21-17
By year 3, Golden was 22-15
Right now Diaz is 15-12
He’s projecting like his predecessors, but unlike his predecessors, he was bought out of his contract ($4m) to come here & b/c of that, if he’s fired, the guy who was bamboozled into that deal, HAS to go. $16.3m spent in 3 yrs should yield better results than 15-12.

Sounds like a typical politician. High on promise, low on results. Manny all image and little substance.

Advertisement
What he said back in 2019:

What he did back in 2019:

And for these antics, many here crowned him as El Jefe. Lol

Sometimes theatrics can fool even some of the most astute fans. “Hope” is one of the most dangerous drugs that have resulted in ppl becoming rich off other’s naivety. Diaz took full advantage of many of your hopes & u were blinded to the facts. For that, u should be extremely upset.

The fact is, a Tiger doesn’t change its stripes, they just change their movement. The fact (stripes) was Diaz was a journeyman DC who became disgraced w/ a rep of running gimmicky concepts that are undisciplined.

The fact (stripes) was Diaz has never been a good recruiter, not at NCSt, not at Middle Tennesse, Texas, Miss St & def not here. {Diaz has been the primary recruiter of only 3 blue chips in his entire career: 1 while at UT & 2 here (Huff, and Harvey)}

Richt shined him up (changed his movement), although there were glaring warning signs. He was apart of a failed regime, and not just a failed regime on the field, but one that had locker room issues. Yet somehow our AD, and some fans, were duped into thinking that this guy, w/ this resume (the tiger w/ these stripes), would somehow lead us back to our once proud tradition b/c he preyed upon ur hope & an inept AD’s desperation. His theatrics gave u all the “feel” of what a Miami guy would be, saying all the right things, citing his “old” OB memories as a child, romanticizing his youth as an avid fan (although he’s a Nole), crashing our rivals’ football clinic, all while tickling the ears of anyone who hoped he was the prodigal son to lead us, all the while not truly paying attention.

The excuses that were used was b/c ppl don’t want to be wrong, it’s human nature. We use excuses when hope is still invested in. If u went out on a limb to defend the hire, defend the coach, yet see everything contrary, then of course U’re going to hide behind excuses, b/c reality is much more grim. That’s what blind fans do, that’s what makes them fanatics; and those who do not drink the Kool-Aid, debunk every excuse w/ facts or common sense are labeled as Mopes, fake fans, etc. Well call me a mope on 09/18/21. Why?

B/c here we are: once again overrated, soft, undisciplined, unmotivated, and full of disappointment. THAT’S the reality. “El Jefe” has provided his sicarios w/ guns to enter gun fights, but he neglected to tell them they are loaded w/ rubber bullets, & we are getting bodied by any and every team that has a pulse. We have continually made teams that are far inferior than us, look like future CFP contenders. (Is that 3 star transfer RB from WF still running? How bout that no star walk on DE; did he beat Zion again?)

Regardless of posters showing 30 sec clips of practice, or hearing about how much bigger, stronger, faster we are, at the end of the day, it’s the same Tiger. Diaz has been here for 6 yrs, longer than Shannon, Golden, and Richt. When will some of u finally concede we do not have a talent problem, we have a coaching problem. We have a leadership problem, and those two lead to a locker room full of apathy. I knew we were in trouble when there was a new narrative introduced by Diaz. After the Bama game, that didn’t define us or our season; but, after the close call against App St, it shifted from “that’s what they do to teams” (9/11/21) to “It’s the Bama effect.” That is who r leader is, and his boss is twiddling his thumbs while his man-wife has his/er thumb up his ***. Which leads to:

There’s nothing exciting about this team b/c there’s no direction. I watched Pitt vs. WMU, UNC v UVA, Fresno v UCLA, Bama v UF…all exciting games. We’re flat; there’s nothing exciting from the defensive end, as we continually give up 400+, and we’re definitely not exciting on offense seeing all the drop balls, penalties, and ?able play calls.

The off season is always much more fun than the regular season, b/c at least in the off season, we can still dream before reality hits. My advice is stop drinking sugarless Kool-Aid, expecting that it magically is going to become sweet b/c it’s packaged different. Stop allowing ur hope to contribute & support this bull chit.

My last reminder is this:
By year 3, Shannon was 21-17
By year 3, Golden was 22-15
Right now Diaz is 15-12
He’s projecting like his predecessors, but unlike his predecessors, he was bought out of his contract ($4m) to come here & b/c of that, if he’s fired, the guy who was bamboozled into that deal, HAS to go. $16.3m spent in 3 yrs should yield better results than 15-12.

You have been pretty consistent about this guy. And every time you screamed from the tree tops I blocked my ears. I knew you and others were right and the Kool-Aid tasted like crap but I just wanted to believe.., Can both, NOW.

Ever hear a coach tell players in the locker room prior to a big game to look into each other’s eye?

This is telling each other they prepared the BEST they to exhaustion and they did this for the team NOT for themselves.

I wonder if this team can do this ???

Ronnie Lott Hall of Fame DB 49ers;

Cut his finger off do he could help his team in there hour if need.

The ultimate example of ELITE road less traveled PASSION.

Advertisement
Look, I've been following UM football since 1967. It was a **** program then and it was a **** program for most of its 40 year history before that.

In 1977, we were on the verge of dropping football, caught lightning in a bottle in 1979 and for 13 great years a miracle happened, 4 national titles in 9 years. Even with that greatness, the admins couldn't stand the bad publicity that went with our renegade program. They couldn't stand Jimmy Johnson.

Then we had a nice 4 or 5 year run until about 2005 and we've been pre 1980 horrible to watch garbage ever since.

In reality, this program, in its almost 100 year history has had a grand total of about 20 years of football relevance.

I for one, am grateful for the memories of totally unexpected national championships, but this university is not or never really was a football serious school. Isn't now and likely wont be in the future.

The attitude in Coral Gables is more in line with an Ivy League mindset without the Ivy League academics.

I will continue to follow the program but with the same expectations I had watching a garbage product I was accustomed to in the late 60s and 70s.

This is the sad truth.
This is the most realistic quote I’ve ever seen on this site that every fan should read. I couldn’t have said it better myself. The majority of current Canes fans jumped on the championship bandwagon of the 80’s and 90’s and have no clue about the history of this program prior to them.

Can Miami return to the greatness of those championship years? Only with a visionary AD and a transformational HC.

Manny bet on himself when he decided he should call the defense and be the HC

He failed and now is going to be out of a job unless by some miracle we don’t lose an ACC game

Ain't gonna happen.

Manny is Manny and Manny has significant limits that cannot be overcome.

The results have been clear throughout his tenure. He is the limiting factor holding down the capabilities of this team.

https://www.canesinsight.com/threads/totally-owned.171366/

Advertisement
I said the amazing thing about the Diaz hire is they rolled all of their previous mistakes in one hire.

1 - No head coaching experience (Coker and Randy)
2 - Hire a coach from Temple (Golden)
3 - Hire coach from staff of head coach you fired (Randy)

Advertisement
we're one fg away against app state from losing our last five

this is swirling down the toilet

Bro, Go back & watch the game if U’re heart allows. App St was driving on us on that last drive & two major dropped balls stopped their momentum. The excuse was “well, we played sloppy.” We’ve been playing sloppy since day 1 of Diaz taking over. That’s no longer a “one-off.” That’s our identity. Sloppy play, w/ poor tackling is us.

Advertisement
Of course, it is worse. My only point is you already hired a coordinator off a failed staff and we did it again. Only place where it has worked is Clemson and Swinney was interim. Even those interim coaches rarely work out, too.

Exactly; and even w/ the Dabo hire, he was a trial period. He was hired for $800k/yr, not $3.1m. Lol. And furthermore, Dabo at least was one of the best recruiters in the nation prior to him being hired; Diaz was one of the worst recruiters in the nation per 247 rankings. Legit, nothing made sense about the Diaz hire.

Manny will soon be fired, and like the previous 4 failures, will never be a P5 HC again. Unless the administration is force fed a bottle of Colon Clense, the next HC will meet the same fate.

Michigan state beat us with three plays, the tight end screen, their running back bouncing off our players, and Stevenson getting cooked by their receivers.

So $16.3MM over three year? Everyone knows the $4MM Temple buyout. Is Manolo getting paid $4.1MM per?!?! That's some serious coin for a below average DC...

Advertisement
Back