Allison Hurt during Spring scrimmage

Advertisement
We knew this was one of the dangers of going live, but as most of us agreed it's worth the risk to see who can stand up to the pressure. Hopefully he heals well/quickly and this doesn't hurt our QB situation too badly.

Advertisement
Now we know why he wasn't mentioned. Hopefully he can recover to finish the spring and be ready to compete in the fall

Advertisement
**** hope he will be okay going forward. I want him or perry to win but we will see.

That's unfortunate. It would've been interesting to how the comp played out with all playing in the scrimmages. I still think Richt's decision to have QB's deal with full contact was the right one. Hopefully Jack heals quick.

Go Canes!

That's football........he coulda won the job and got hurt in the first game next season. Next man up..

Now we know why he wasn't mentioned. Hopefully he can recover to finish the spring and be ready to compete in the fall

Well, that and the interception he had returned for a TD, lost fumble , and some sacks. Other than that he had a solid day.

Advertisement
Dammit. How serious is a grade 1 separation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grades 1 to 3. Grade 3 being the worst. But even with in grade one there are varying levels of severity. It's still good news for him. Worst case scenario he's out for the spring, but he'll be ready by summer

If what we've been hearing is true and Allison's been third behind the other two up until now, the writings already on the wall for him. Hopefully he can recover quickly and make a run at it, but it's not trending well for him, even before the injury.

Advertisement
Rosier and Shirreffs are the clear frontrunners. One of them will be named the leader heading into the fall.

Allison's days are numbered as mentioned by others on here. He will be gone before the start of 2018. The loser of the above battle between Rosier/Shirreffs will also transfer out before 2018.

In 2018, the QB depth chart will look like this:

Perry vs Rosier/Shirreffs winner
Weldon
Sitkapowski

Hope this injury won't make Richt think it was a bad idea allowing the qb to get hit. I think we absolutely need to keep these scrimmages fully live.

Rosier and Shirreffs are the clear frontrunners. One of them will be named the leader heading into the fall.

Allison's days are numbered as mentioned by others on here. He will be gone before the start of 2018. The loser of the above battle between Rosier/Shirreffs will also transfer out before 2018.

In 2018, the QB depth chart will look like this:

Perry vs Rosier/Shirreffs winner
Weldon
Sitkowski

A lot can change in fall camp. I wouldn't count out Allison or Perry yet. Weldon looks like he's out of the race for now.

I don't see why Allison would transfer out right now. I could definitely see Rosier leaving if he doesn't start. But even if one of those guys gets the job theres no guarantee they will keep it for the next season. And Allison would still have a head start over Weldon and Perry. Also Allison is just a play or two away from entering the game. Even if he doesn't win the job, its possible the starter will get hurt, and once he get the job he never gives it up.

I wouldn't count on Allison leaving early. Having 4-5 QBs on the roster who have the potential to start isn't a bad problem. I hope he stays, and I think the kid really loves being a Cane.

Advertisement
Back