Allen hurns 4 years 40 million extension

Sofla is an enigma. Our 3 stars > better than your 5 star. Our undrafted players are better than your draft picks. And let’s not forget your favorite db’s favorite dB.
Why? Because you have one example of one of our 3 stars in the NFL? Pretty sure all of the sofla 3 stars we've had over the last 7 years have not been as good as other teams' 5 stars for the most part. But keep thinking that if you want.

Advertisement
Why? Because you have one example of one of our 3 stars in the NFL? Pretty sure all of the sofla 3 stars we've had over the last 7 years have not been as good as other teams' 5 stars for the most part. But keep thinking that if you want.
I said sofla. Not um. But I’ll take Garvin all day. Ty Hilton 2 star.

It hasn't been said yet but Hurns tore is knee up in high school and missed most if not all of his senior year after he committed. Al Golden stuck with him and there you go. That should give Hurns an extra incentive to give to the IPF.

Allen Hurns has done a ton for the community and been an exemplary representative of the U in the NFL and to future generations of Canes. He is an extremely generous person and doesn't need your reminder we're building an IPF.

That might be true and your stats are valid as well. I still stand by my statement that nobody has looked great under Blake Bortles. They were ready to ship him out of town before the AFC title game. A bad QB would kill any WRs confidence. Lets see how he does if given the chance to play with a QB that looks like he should be in the NFL.

Using our own current team as an example, ARichards had an average year and had the dropsies but was also hurt too. I don't see anyone bashing him. Why? Because his QB is Rosier. So he gets a pass.

I hate Bortles more than anyone. He’s not a real QB. I pleaded those with any pull to push them to go after Teddy. Your point is valid. Yet, Hurns isn’t anywhere near as talented as AR. AR is the best WR in CFB next season IMO.

Advertisement
I said sofla. Not um. But I’ll take Garvin all day. Ty Hilton 2 star.
Not gonna get into this but no, in general a south florida 3 star is a 3 star. That's nice you can name a few two/three stars that have succeeded, but most don't. And Garvin was a 4 star.

Not gonna get into this but no, in general a south florida 3 star is a 3 star. That's nice you can name a few two/three stars that have succeeded, but most don't. And Garvin was a 4 star.

Antonio Brown, Elvis dumervil, al Harris, Jason Pierre Paul. Jon Feliciano, D Rogers-cromartie (a little too far north but 0 stars, Darius Buttler, Geno Atkins, Nate Allen (Cape Coral), Patrick Robinson, Joey Looney, Jonathan Freeny, Jonathan Cyprien
I could go on but it’s pretty late. Not many hall of famers or pro bowlers but nfl talent is hard to find and hard to replace. Some of these guys have had nice careers with good money. Garvin got a four star way late in the last eval I believe that wa still way way underrated. And wait til this year’s draft more 3 stars from down here will be on nfl rosters. Not saying we shouldn’t go after all the highly rated recruits it’s a proven way to win and I want 4 and 5 stars all over the roster. But my post was not hey let’s just get all the 3 stars and stop recruiting Stevenson and Ladsen and Sanders. My post was what it said. South Florida is fu.king weird like that. Yes the nfl is full of 2 and 3 stars but so many form such a small area is an enigma. I put a Sean Taylor reference in there because it’s ****.ng Sean Taylor. He was a 6 ⭐️ another Enigma.

Antonio Brown, Elvis dumervil, al Harris, Jason Pierre Paul. Jon Feliciano, D Rogers-cromartie (a little too far north but 0 stars, Darius Buttler, Geno Atkins, Nate Allen (Cape Coral), Patrick Robinson, Joey Looney, Jonathan Freeny, Jonathan Cyprien
I could go on but it’s pretty late. Not many hall of famers or pro bowlers but nfl talent is hard to find and hard to replace. Some of these guys have had nice careers with good money. Garvin got a four star way late in the last eval I believe that wa still way way underrated. And wait til this year’s draft more 3 stars from down here will be on nfl rosters. Not saying we shouldn’t go after all the highly rated recruits it’s a proven way to win and I want 4 and 5 stars all over the roster. But my post was not hey let’s just get all the 3 stars and stop recruiting Stevenson and Ladsen and Sanders. My post was what it said. South Florida is fu.king weird like that. Yes the nfl is full of 2 and 3 stars but so many form such a small area is an enigma. I put a Sean Taylor reference in there because it’s ****.ng Sean Taylor. He was a 6 ⭐️ another Enigma.
You cannot list 3 stars in the NFL to prove ****. Show me that statistical analysis of how 3 stars from South Florida are more likely to make the NFL than other 3 stars. Otherwise it's just your confirmation bias.

Advertisement
Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

$40 mill - 39% tax rate - should leave him with about $24 mill - or about $6 mill per year.

$40 mill - 39% tax rate - should leave him with about $24 mill - or about $6 mill per year.

Don't forget 3% for his agent, 1% for admin staff (manager, lawyers, account, and trainers),1-3% for financial advisors and 2% for his friends & family.

Go Canes

Advertisement

The $40mil was his extension he signed with Jacksonville a few years ago. He signed it with one year left on his rookie deal, so essentially it was $40mil over 5 seasons. He only saw two of these seasons for a total of $16mil before being released, meaning the remaining on that contract is now void. His new deal with Dallas is 2 years worth up to $12mil total, which is less per year than his old deal.

Advertisement
The $40mil was his extension he signed with Jacksonville a few years ago. He signed it with one year left on his rookie deal, so essentially it was $40mil over 5 seasons. He only saw two of these seasons for a total of $16mil before being released, meaning the remaining on that contract is now void. His new deal with Dallas is 2 years worth up to $12mil total, which is less per year than his old deal.

And what people need to look at is how much of that new 12 million is guaranteed. They look at the old $40 million contract and think he got all of it, when he got less than half. In the NFL, it’s always about the guaranteed money and then hoping you stay healthy, and don’t get cut, to make the full amount of the announced contract, which rarely happens.

Exactly, too many contracts are back loaded to give a higher total amount and make it seem like its a bigger contract when in reality they're rarely vested.

Advertisement
Back