Allen hurns 4 years 40 million extension

Sooooooooo is he willing to match that $1m donation towards the IPF now?? j/k

Three Things:

1. Extremely proud of Allen and his mom for setting a great example for him

2. The Jags are going to be scary good in the next coming years

3. F anyone who don't think we're still NFLU. No we're not pumping out the amount of players like we did 10 years ago (but that will be changing soon)...but the players we do pump out still beast at their respective postions. Now we're just producing quality over quantiy, even when they received chitty coaching

Advertisement
Congrats to Mr Hurns he put in the work big time.

Let's see if he drops some money in UM's pot for the Indoor Practice Facility (a $500k to $1M pledge would be nice).

Go Canes

He will when you spot Miami a check for 25% of your net worth.

Let me know

**** why do I have to give 25%, when I suggested he donate roughly 1%-2.5% of his new contract. He will need the tax write off anyway so that helps him out also.

Go Canes

I'd be willing to bet that 1 million is actually more than his current net worth. I doubt he's worth anywhere near 1 million right now.

You're talking about an NFL contract. I don't even know how much he has been guaranteed, do you? Because that's all that counts. NFL contracts are rarely paid in full. The amount the players actually get is usually a **** of a lot less than the announced amount of the contract. That's a fact.

The way I see it he might have a net worth of 4 million in a couple of years as his contract dollars are paid out over time.

At that time, it would be 25% of his net worth.

So, come on. Put in your 25%

Read the OP, it is potentially $20 mill guaranteed, but more importantly UM's IPF will take 2years to finish so the donation came come over the next 1-2 years. But again no where did I suggest he donate right now, my post was conjecture.

But that was a nice try on your part.

Go Canes

Last edited:

Let's see if he drops some money in UM's pot for the Indoor Practice Facility (a $500k to $1M pledge would be nice).

Go Canes

He will when you spot Miami a check for 25% of your net worth.

Let me know

do you mean 2.5% of his net worth. If he's contractually guaranteed $20M, then 500k isn't 25%. Taxes wouldn't raise any of that to 25% of his net worth.

Before I say anything else

1. Figure out how NFL contracts actually work: especially regarding guaranteed money versus announced contract
2. I know we don't have any finance majors on here, but your salary does not equal your net worth. Especially when you're young, and are not a trust fund baby.

This is my point, $1 million would be for him like if Richt donated 10-20M

Or the same as if Paramus donated a c-note

Go Canes

Don't you have group therapy now, Daniel?

Advertisement

1. Figure out how NFL contracts actually work: especially regarding guaranteed money versus announced contract
2. I know we don't have any finance majors on here, but your salary does not equal your net worth. Especially when you're young, and are not a trust fund baby.

Well I can tell you now Randall Cobb signed a 4yr 40M contract a few yrs ago for only 13M guaranteed, and he got a signing bonus of 13M, so actually, the way NFL contracts work, when you sign, your net worth does go up. When you sign for big money like that, you get a decent amount upfront...otherwise your agent isn't doing a good job. But Hurns' agent is Rosenhaus, and he gets his guys paid.

Other similar contracts:
Marvin Jones 5yr 40M - 8M Signing Bonus
Jeremy Macklin 5yr 55M - 12M Signing Bonus
Jordy Nelson 4yr 39M - 11.5M Signing Bonus.

So If those are any indication Hurns got at least 10M upfront.

Advertisement

Well I can tell you now Randall Cobb signed a 4yr 40M contract a few yrs ago for only 13M guaranteed, and he got a signing bonus of 13M, so actually, the way NFL contracts work, when you sign, your net worth does go up. When you sign for big money like that, you get a decent amount upfront...otherwise your agent isn't doing a good job. But Hurns' agent is Rosenhaus, and he gets his guys paid.

Other similar contracts:

Pre-tax.

Other similar contracts:

Pre-tax.

Does this make Allen a Republican? Hurts writing those big checks to IRS, hurts bad.

Advertisement
Someone please make sure he gets a legit financial planner so he doesn't end up ****ing away $40 million.

Someone please make sure he gets a legit financial planner so he doesn't end up ****ing away $40 million.

I agree, kid's a hard worker from all accounts, hopefully he realizes how hard he worked for that contract and takes care of his money.

Advertisement
Amen and God bless... He is a shining example of how hard work and persistence pays off...!

Advertisement
Back