All you weak, spineless, panicky motherfkcers front & center

Status
Not open for further replies.
Make up your mind. You said it's like the "golden era all over again." Your words.

Find the post where I said everything is perfect, or even that good, especially with the secondary and the overall defense.

Nope, my point is for hystericals like yourself that hit the panic button after 2 games that we were supposed to win, and we did win. I don't know about this team, do you? I'll know more after the next couple of games. I could also see is going about 9-2 during the regular season, which will greatly disappoint me, **** me off actually, but it wouldn't be a great surprise either. I'm just not a panicky little bītch about it
It's the golden era all over again in regard to the message board you dummy. Read the context of the convo, Jesus Christ

Advertisement
Make up your mind. You said it's like the "golden era all over again." Your words.

Find the post where I said everything is perfect, or even that good, especially with the secondary and the overall defense.

Nope, my point is for hystericals like yourself that hit the panic button after 2 games that we were supposed to win, and we did win. I don't know about this team, do you? I'll know more after the next couple of games. I could also see is going about 9-2 during the regular season, which will greatly disappoint me, **** me off actually, but it wouldn't be a great surprise either. I'm just not a panicky little bītch about it

You realize you may be overreacting to his posts?

My take is he was saying The Board/Fans are like the Golden Era.....making excuses......same happened last year....Kaaya the Messiah, Hidden Playbook type ****..... this year it's the defense that we heard was stout by the Greentree whisperers...... and some are wondering....is it rust? Is it experience? Or is this Kaaya being shook against FAU all over again leading us down the path to 4 losses.......
You sir are an American hero and a gentleman.

With all due respect to everyone on this board...... We are 2-0 right now and with a team that has been through a lot by being displaced from the storm, games cancelled or moved etc. Nobody on this board calls the plays, evaluates the talent, is involved in the meetings, or decides the depth chart. I will say this again, we need to support the team and coaches not tear them down after 2 games. If you are that seriously upset after 2 games then you did it to yourself by building the expectation too high. I would rather our team get better week after week and be peaking and playing our best football when it really counts and they are in the spotlight. If they come out and stomp Duke this week some of you will act like you never said a word. **** its hard to read some of this sh*t. Do you actually think that the players meant to miss tackles, fail to get off blocks, blow coverages, and drop passes? I hope and pray current players and recruits don't read some of these posts. I'm looking forward to a great game against Duke and continued improvement in all areas of the team. I believe 100% in the players and coaches. I'm onboard, bring on Duke. It could be worse, we could be FSU and Florida.

Sorry for venting.

Last edited:
Our starters were still playing in the 4th quarter vs. Bethune Cookman. Toledo score was 38-30 with 7 minutes to go in the 4th. Nothing about that win felt "comfortable".

The issues on Defense are real, and the Offense hasn't been challenged yet.

I thought we were going to be a 2 loss team at the start of the season, but 3-4 losses is what I'm expecting now.

So we're going 7-4?

Who are the 4 we're losing to?

Our starters were still playing in the 4th quarter vs. Bethune Cookman. Toledo score was 38-30 with 7 minutes to go in the 4th. Nothing about that win felt "comfortable".

The issues on Defense are real, and the Offense hasn't been challenged yet.

I thought we were going to be a 2 loss team at the start of the season, but 3-4 losses is what I'm expecting now.

We have issues on defense but they can be fixed. We might allow some more yards than last year but 3rd down conversions and redzone defense will tighten up.

Advertisement
Unlike some people, I live in reality and I was aware that Toledo could score points. I was assuming they'd put up around 25 regardless of what our offense did. There was definitely a bit of a lull coming off the long layoff, the offense couldn't get out of it's own way besides a few long runs by Walton in the first half. The defense obviously has issues but they seem like they can be corrected. Mainly, why are we always in base against a team running 4 wide outs? It's okay to use 3 or 4 CBs against a spread team. Also, Dee Delaney needs to be taken out of the rotation at CB. He's consistently horrible. He gets beat deep, he gets beat underneath. He's a liability. Young and Bandy are the best corners on the team. Good news was an improvement in pass rush. They got consistent pressure without blitzing all the time. Toledo's QB is a brave dude. Tough as nails. Walton continues to be a homerun threat. Homer is a very solid #2 . Oline gets no push in short yardage (for the 5th year in a row) but they've looked good in pass protection. Rosier is way better than I thought he was. Richt handcuffed him in the first half but when they opened it up a little in the second, he was dynamite. A couple of his throws were way off but for the most part he was on point. Braxton Berrios doesn't suck. I'll admit it. I have not been impressed by him at all for his first three years but he's made some nice grabs and consistently gets open. I'll eat crow on that. Can't wait to see this offense with Richards back in it. TE has been very solid with Herndon being Herndon and Mike Irving Jr. making some nice plays. He looks like he may be taking things a little more seriously.

Gonna lock this one too just for consistency on the board - please no more call out threads.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
Back