All top 25 Coaches to join Alabama staff

I mean . . . WTF . . . Applewhite to Alabama as an analysis? . . Stoops? . . First, let's recruit all the 5 star players and bench the excess. Then, let's get all the top coaches available and put them on staff, as analysts if we have to. What ever we need to do. This seems like a brand-new phase in CFB. The money is going to get big, and I mean BIG . . .
When you have the huge buck$ you might as well be putting it to good use! This BS needs to be controlled and stopped, universities with endless sports/football budgets & resources already control the CFB. The end result will be a totally noncompetitive environment for the rest, as well as for the fans and viewers. I know that most of you are already aware of this matter, but I thought that it is well worth repeating it.

Advertisement
Everyone talks about how great of a coach Nick Saban is...I hold my stance that he ain't that great. He continue's to buy as much as the top talent as possible, then hire as many different offensive minds as he can possibly get.

There is that, but the little **** out works everyone else too. And he drills his players the way Canes use to practice. If it only took money UT would own college football. They have more money than anyone.

He has an all-star team every year. His SUPPORT staff is made up of top notch coaches, and it's not like he just has an eye for good workers...he filters out the ones that don't perform. Great CEO and a great defensive coach. I'd be insane to say he hasn't accomplished great things, or that he isn't on the top of the coaching ranks right now.

Now, what I am saying, is that he's accomplished AS MUCH as he has because of the resources. I think the real Nick Saban is a championship caliber coach who could coach up a team capable of winning a Natty. Which is what he did at LSU...he won 8 games, then had 1 great year and won the Natty, while following that up with another 8 win season. He doesn't go 8 years in a row completely dominating all of the NCAAF if he doesn't have consistent top 2 classes and the resources to constantly get as many staff members and best coaches he can buy is my point though.
I see what you're saying, but to be fair, Saban created the ability for bama to spend that much. It was the perfect storm for him to go there originally. But if you look back to 2008 or something, you'll probably find that their facilities, coaches, whatever wasn't as top tier as it is now. That man built all that.
You will see if we start winning a lot more, the school will be willing to spend more and more. Money makes money. Now that Clemson won another natty, I think their spending even passed bama. Also you cant say it was only the resources either because then you look at schools like Texas A&M and there's no reason they shouldn't win the natty every year.

There is that, but the little **** out works everyone else too. And he drills his players the way Canes use to practice. If it only took money UT would own college football. They have more money than anyone.

It's not that it only takes money, it's that all things being equal, money wins. Even if Manny turns out to be one of the greats he'll still be handcuffed by money. We can't do what bama does in terms of staffing, facilities, and such. We just can't. Are you going to blame a successful Miami assitant for going to bama for 3x the money? They will always be able to poach anyone who does well at other schools, and they'll always be able to outspend us on facilities.

And that's not even touching on the bags.

It's not that it only takes money, it's that all things being equal, money wins. Even if Manny turns out to be one of the greats he'll still be handcuffed by money. We can't do what bama does in terms of staffing, facilities, and such. We just can't. Are you going to blame a successful Miami assitant for going to bama for 3x the money? They will always be able to poach anyone who does well at other schools, and they'll always be able to outspend us on facilities.

All true.

The way to beat them is to beat them at their own game and essentially team up with other schools and poach their coaches. If you noticed I think a lot to do with bama having lost to clemson this year was due to the coaches getting picked apart with offers from other schools. Pretty much the entire staff at bama was already in talks with other schools for jobs or already had new jobs lined up and instead of preparing for the game you KNOW they were out there recruiting and trying to set things up at their new job and overall not being focused. That includes Dan Enos btw. I think the only coach that didn't get poached was their S&C coach. Clemson has been incredibly lucky to keep the core pieces of their staff together for as long as they did. Basically you've got to get lucky in getting an upcoming coach to turn your program around and when you are finally able to start bringing in more money you have to put your foot on the gas and keep the momentum going. You can see schools like USC who have just completely dropped off the face of the earth in relevance because they couldn't keep it going. Whenever Saban retires Bama is going to fade away for a while. Funnily enough FSU is going through it right now. Getting rid of Jimbo was the dumbest thing they could have ever done. They will most likely be what we've been since like what? 2004 ish?

I think there will always be turnover for coaches leaving for more money, so you really need to find that natural progression of coaches and fill gaps correctly, which is what Saban has been very good at doing (in the past, I think now that it is basically the entire staff every year he's getting tired of it) Hopefully we can get lucky and get Venables type coordinators who are just amazing at their job but really don't want to be a HC anywhere, and at least if you keep the HC, and one or both of the coordinators happy you keep that much needed stability at the program.
Which essentially we had that on defense with Richt, we just didn't have it on the offensive side. That and you need a HC who has more energy and passion, but that's another topic...

Advertisement
I have no love loss for Sabags, but can't help but admire what he's accomplished. How ever the resources were acquired, he's used them to the nth degree. He'd be a fool not to - and he's no fool. Any HC that had access to his resources and didn't use them would/should be fired ASAP. Dablo uses the Sabags model to a tee. I have no love loss for Belichick either, but admire what he's accomplished.

The whole "analyst" thing is a pile of crap. According to NCAA rules an analyst is not allowed to interact with players and perform any direct coaching. Yet, during the Alabama\OU game, Butch Jones was on the sidelines an openly coaching the running backs. They do not even try to hide the fact they are breaking rules. And yet the NCAA does nothing about it. Alabama is so in bed with the NCAA that no one even questions there actions or call them to attention. When will opposing coaches and teams man up and call out these violations? I swear everyone is afraid of Saban. They must feel if the call him out their coaching days are numbered. You can bet Applewhite will be directly coaching their QB's even though he is supposedly an analyst.

Everyone talks about how great of a coach Nick Saban is...I hold my stance that he ain't that great. He continue's to buy as much as the top talent as possible, then hire as many different offensive minds as he can possibly get.

And then he still loses to Clemson.

Ostarine is a **** of a drug.

Advertisement
I mean . . . WTF . . . Applewhite to Alabama as an analysis? . . Stoops? . . First, let's recruit all the 5 star players and bench the excess. Then, let's get all the top coaches available and put them on staff, as analysts if we have to. What ever we need to do. This seems like a brand-new phase in CFB. The money is going to get big, and I mean BIG . . .
The Golden State Warriors of college fb

Give the guy credit for making a staff that big work, but yeah. He's got every advantage possible, it should be pretty hard for him to fail at this point. Definitely needs to be a salary cap type deal. Not sure how you'd make it work, but there needs to be a way to keep spending under control so everyone can compete.
Salary cap ain the problem. Illegal recruiting is.

Rolled still think Saban is some Xs and Os guru. He ain’t.
Nor is Dabo an offensive genius.

They get 4 and 5 star at every position, PED them up, and tempt (pay) them to stay for senior seasons.

I still think Bill is a better coach
Not even close. Bill is the greatest of all time. **** Jimmy Johnson is 10x’s the coach Saban is. Jimmy dominated both college football and the NFL. Saban failed miserably in the Pro’s!

Advertisement

True, but money can make you soft too. Let’s see if we practice in the heat of the summer sun or early mornings. We were out spent before also. We can’t do anything about the bags except work hard enough to beat everyone to a pulp.

Salary cap ain the problem. Illegal recruiting is.

Rolled still think Saban is some Xs and Os guru. He ain’t.
Nor is Dabo an offensive genius.

They get 4 and 5 star at every position, PED them up, and tempt (pay) them to stay for senior seasons.

When I say "salary cap" I'm talking about overall money. I'm aware that if players get paid or schools are limited in what they can do financially, boosters will just take up the slack. I'm also aware that you can't legislate this type of thing away. People want wins and there's a ton of money on the line...programs will do anything they can to win, no matter what the rules say.

Advertisement
True, but money can make you soft too. Let’s see if we practice in the heat of the summer sun or early mornings. We were out spent before also. We can’t do anything about the bags except work hard enough to beat everyone to a pulp.

I'm pointing out how unfair it is, but I know the deal. It is what it is, and I don't see any end to it. Teams with money will continue to find ways to spend that money in pursuit of wins.

Everyone works hard these days, there's no "outworking" anyone. saban's not going to let a free thing like effort beat him. In the end we need a bigger share of the elite talent and great coaching. At the point we've got those things we'll still be outgunned, but at least we'll have a chance.

We do the best we can no matter what the circumstances.

I'm pointing out how unfair it is, but I know the deal. It is what it is, and I don't see any end to it. Teams with money will continue to find ways to spend that money in pursuit of wins.

Everyone works hard these days, there's no "outworking" anyone. saban's not going to let a free thing like effort beat him. In the end we need a bigger share of the elite talent and great coaching. At the point we've got those things we'll still be outgunned, but at least we'll have a chance.

We do the best we can no matter what the circumstances.

I agree. 2017 showed how quick we can catch fire. We are unlike any other team in that way. I think we must get the great coaching to get the bigger share of the talent. Howard was actually a monster hire in the day that we paid good money for. His resume was gold. Let’s hope Manny is a rising star and not just another easy hirer.

I agree. 2017 showed how quick we can catch fire. We are unlike any other team in that way. I think we must get the great coaching to get the bigger share of the talent. Howard was actually a monster hire in the day that we paid good money for. His resume was gold. Let’s hope Manny is a rising star and not just another easy hirer.

Amen.

No. It's the exact opposite. The rich getting richer is not the problem - football schools getting better is not the problem. It's the govt (NCAA) giving advantages to certain people in return for favors. Of course Google, Twitter and Amazon want regulation now that they're big - to keep competitors out. Of course Alabama and Ohio St. want regulation - for the same reason. Who on this board thinks the NCAA isn't throwing them cover?

i think you might be getting a bit literal.

The "rich getting richer" is not just a financial statement when it references the Alabamas and OSUs, though a believe an argument can be made that the NCAA makes it easier for them to make untold fortunes for their schools.
They have ALWAYS wanted to be treated special and less "regulated" like Notre Dame, USC, etc...any power hungry entity would love that situation

It also references the complete travesty, as it relates to parity, for a corrupt organization like the NCAA to play favorites and ensure that enforcement is never applied consistently or equally.

That is what I'm referencing and what you appear to be overlooking. The Emmert / Saban history and how Alabama is treated are not coincidences.

UM

Advertisement
Back