All top 25 Coaches to join Alabama staff

I mean . . . WTF . . . Applewhite to Alabama as an analysis? . . Stoops? . . First, let's recruit all the 5 star players and bench the excess. Then, let's get all the top coaches available and put them on staff, as analysts if we have to. What ever we need to do. This seems like a brand-new phase in CFB. The money is going to get big, and I mean BIG . . .

Advertisement
I mean . . . WTF . . . Applewhite to Alabama as an analysis? . . Stoops? . . First, let's recruit all the 5 star players and bench the excess. Then, let's get all the top coaches available and put them on staff, as analysts if we have to. What ever we need to do. This seems like a brand-new phase in CFB. The money is going to get big, and I mean BIG . . .

Everyone talks about how great of a coach Nick Saban is...I hold my stance that he ain't that great. He continue's to buy as much as the top talent as possible, then hire as many different offensive minds as he can possibly get.

Everyone talks about how great of a coach Nick Saban is...I hold my stance that he ain't that great. He continue's to buy as much as the top talent as possible, then hire as many different offensive minds as he can possibly get.

Give the guy credit for making a staff that big work, but yeah. He's got every advantage possible, it should be pretty hard for him to fail at this point. Definitely needs to be a salary cap type deal. Not sure how you'd make it work, but there needs to be a way to keep spending under control so everyone can compete.

MONEY TALKS, BULLSHYT WALKS,.. and the NCAA Always looks the other way, excepting for Miami.

Advertisement
If competitive balance were anywhere on the NCAA's agenda, they'd find a way to make these analyst jobs breach the contacts for recently fired coaches.

What are the chances these analysts are getting bags, and not the 30k?

If competitive balance were anywhere on the NCAA's agenda, they'd find a way to make these analyst jobs breach the contacts for recently fired coaches.

If ‘competitive balance’ is on the NCAA’s agenda, then the NCAA is a business that should lose its tax exempt status immediately.

Advertisement

It isn't on their agenda at all.

It is exactly how it would be if there was no NCAA, the rich get richer. At least then we might be on the short end of the stick JUST from a financial standpoint...not because we attempt to compete with an amateurism oversight association always in the back of our minds while others are unleashed to do as they please.

Result of Saban lobbying (to put it mildly) his buddy Emmert to tweak every rule possible in CFB that would give greater advantage to programs with greater pocket books

Ehh their hearts surely can’t be into it. My gut tells me Bama is about to start trending down.

Advertisement
MONEY TALKS, BULLSHYT WALKS,.. and the NCAA Always looks the other way, excepting for Miami.

Maybe it's just my ignorance, but it's because Miami money is/was seen as loud money. It's one thing if an immature kid flashes some cash every now and then, but the club life and celebrties is another ballgame. It's also another thing when the booster who gives the kid the money has to be seen everywhere, known, or made to feel important. I can't even remember the name of any booster UGA, Bama or otherwise in the last 20 years, I've been watching CFB. Maybe i'm wrong or forgetting someone though.

This is what makes Saban great. Everyone knows he's the biggest prick in football. But everyone seems to want to work with him. ****, applewhite and Sark came crawling back.

tenor.gif

Advertisement
It isn't on their agenda at all.

It is exactly how it would be if there was no NCAA, the rich get richer. At least then we might be on the short end of the stick JUST from a financial standpoint...not because we attempt to compete with an amateurism oversight association always in the back of our minds while others are unleashed to do as they please.

No. It's the exact opposite. The rich getting richer is not the problem - football schools getting better is not the problem. It's the govt (NCAA) giving advantages to certain people in return for favors. Of course Google, Twitter and Amazon want regulation now that they're big - to keep competitors out. Of course Alabama and Ohio St. want regulation - for the same reason. Who on this board thinks the NCAA isn't throwing them cover?

Nah bro,..he's fuggin GREAT...no one can deny that.

He has an all-star team every year. His SUPPORT staff is made up of top notch coaches, and it's not like he just has an eye for good workers...he filters out the ones that don't perform. Great CEO and a great defensive coach. I'd be insane to say he hasn't accomplished great things, or that he isn't on the top of the coaching ranks right now.

Now, what I am saying, is that he's accomplished AS MUCH as he has because of the resources. I think the real Nick Saban is a championship caliber coach who could coach up a team capable of winning a Natty. Which is what he did at LSU...he won 8 games, then had 1 great year and won the Natty, while following that up with another 8 win season. He doesn't go 8 years in a row completely dominating all of the NCAAF if he doesn't have consistent top 2 classes and the resources to constantly get as many staff members and best coaches he can buy is my point though.

With the buyout money these coaches are getting, you're going to see more and more of this. Coach gets fired but has a buyout that pays him 2 mil a year for the next 3 seasons. Why take a coordinator job at 1m a year (or less) and lose out on that buy out money? As an "analyst" on Bama's staff, you can still collect your buyout cash and cash a smaller check from Bama.

He has an all-star team every year. His SUPPORT staff is made up of top notch coaches, and it's not like he just has an eye for good workers...he filters out the ones that don't perform. Great CEO and a great defensive coach. I'd be insane to say he hasn't accomplished great things, or that he isn't on the top of the coaching ranks right now.

Now, what I am saying, is that he's accomplished AS MUCH as he has because of the resources. I think the real Nick Saban is a championship caliber coach who could coach up a team capable of winning a Natty. Which is what he did at LSU...he won 8 games, then had 1 great year and won the Natty, while following that up with another 8 win season. He doesn't go 8 years in a row completely dominating all of the NCAAF if he doesn't have consistent top 2 classes and the resources to constantly get as many staff members and best coaches he can buy is my point though.

What you see now is what he made it into my man. I just don't see how he warrants any criticism but I respect your points

Advertisement
Back