All time Miami Northwestern Team

Advertisement
David Williams
QUOTE="Jaxson Villain, post: 4721277, member: 21444"]
You can’t think of ANY TEs at MNW? Not even one?
[/QUOTE]

Any respectable all-time MNW team starts with Marvin Jones at MLB.

At WR, Buster Rhymes was a lil' before my time but I've heard stories about that dude. Snoop Minnis was pretty good as well. I didn't see Tony Martin or Brett Perriman play in high school but they had decent careers in college and pros.
Rhymes was a RB. He has to be in there on an all MNW team.

With the Brinson signing it got me to thinking about the history of our most consistently brilliant pipeline, the Bulls of Miami Northwestern and what an all time team would look like.

Qb-Who gets the nod...Jacory, Teddy, or Tutu?
Rb-Antwain Easterling?
Wr-This one is TOUGH! Aldarius Johnson, Tommy Streeter, Antonio Bryant, Amari Cooper, Romello Brinson, Magic Benton?
Te-Can’t think of any.
OL-Vernon Carey and who else?
DL- Weaver Twins, Todd Chandler, Clifton ****son, Marcus Forston?
LB-Sean Spence, Sam Brooks, Lavonte David, I’m sure I’m missing a few others
Db-Torrie Cox, Artie Burns, Kam Kitchens, again I’m sure I’m missing a few others.

Thoughts?
FWIW I think you’d have to list Cooper as a CB at MNW. If I remember correctly, that’s the position he played and thrived at for the first three years. He played a little WR his junior season and wasn’t even recruited as a WR until mid/late his senior season. Obviously everyone figured it out and he thrived. For your all time team, you might free up a WR spot and fill a CB spot moving him over.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Qb-Still up in the air Jacory, Tutu, Teddy B
RB- Easterling & Bratton
Wr- Cooper, Perriman, Magic Benton, Snoop Minnis, Antonio Bryant, Aldarius Johnson, Tommy Streeter, Tim Brown...most competitive position
TE-David Williams
OL-Ben Jones, V Carey, Brandon Washington, Chris Barney
DL- Taurean Charles, Marcus Forston, Weaver Twins
LB-Sean Spence, Marvin Jones, Nate Webster WOW!
DB-Torrie Cox, Travarious Bain, Trevor Ford, Roland Smith

Advertisement
RB- Easterling & Bratton
Wr- Cooper, Perriman, Magic Benton, Snoop Minnis, Antonio Bryant, Aldarius Johnson, Tommy Streeter, Tim Brown...most competitive position
TE-David Williams

LB-Lavonte David.
DB- Anthony Gaitor

Advertisement
In my high school days they had Clarence Pittman then Nitro Baker my sr year at running back

Pittman played at Rutgers and Nitro who was a scat back went to Norfolk State. Nitro would of likely been power 5 intodays games and offenses...he was one of the fastest guys in the county back then

Last edited:
RB- Easterling & Bratton
TE-David Williams

At wr you know its deep when Tony Martin isnt even on your list.

DL- Clifton Big Country ****son who went to FSU n 2003. Dustin Fortson (Marcus older bro) who committed to OLE MISS an dplayed at FAU

DL- Clifton Big Country ****son who went to FSU n 2003. Dustin Fortson (Marcus older bro) who committed to OLE MISS an dplayed at FAU

Yeah I had ****son on the team from jump.

Wr’s were an embarrassment of riches. Not just Martin but I left off Brinson, Brantley, Kendal Thompkins, Kenbrell Thompkins, Khalil Tate.

Tony Martin was actually a QB at the West. Cliff is from around the way too. If I'm not mistaken, he stayed either around the corner or across 29th Ave. from Javon Nanton. Another cat on a loooong list of ballers who were originally zoned to Springs. You can Ben Jones to that list as well....

Advertisement
Back