All time greatest canes plays

I'll go with one that's commonly overlooked. Miami - Florida State in Tallahassee in 2009. Fourth-quarter Harris steps up in the pocket and throws a 40 yard pass to the sideline to Travis Benjamin. Sets up what would be the game-winning touchdown. To this day one of the nicest throws a UM quarterback has ever made.

I've always found it interesting that Ed Reed gets the credit for winning that BC game. The game was won when Matt Walters intercepted the deflected pass. The Reed touchdown was just gravy. No one ever talks about Walters on that play.

Or how Mike Rumph jumped the slant route, but the pass was low and bounced off his leg right to Walters.

I was about to point this out. Reed made the play memorable, but Rumph's knee was the true hero on that one.

Advertisement
I'll go with one that's commonly overlooked. Miami - Florida State in Tallahassee in 2009. Fourth-quarter Harris steps up in the pocket and throws a 40 yard pass to the sideline to Travis Benjamin. Sets up what would be the game-winning touchdown. To this day one of the nicest throws a UM quarterback has ever made.

I've always found it interesting that Ed Reed gets the credit for winning that BC game. The game was won when Matt Walters intercepted the deflected pass. The Reed touchdown was just gravy. No one ever talks about Walters on that play.

Or how Mike Rumph jumped the slant route, but the pass was low and bounced off his leg right to Walters.

I was about to point this out. Reed made the play memorable, but Rumph's knee was the true hero on that one.

Yep, Rumph made the play that saved the game. If that pass is completed.... oh man....

Yep, Rumph made the play that saved the game. If that pass is completed.... oh man....

We were on the ropes for real.

We were on the ropes for real.

BC still needed a touchdown. The U still could have hung on for a 12-7 win.

1998 Opening kickoff against Noles. Gaitan kicks an onside kick and recovers it. Next play, play action from Covington but Santana drops the td. An awesome way to start that game.

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
[video=youtube;0D-0Ix29TI0]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D-0Ix29TI0[/video]

I was just going to write that. Great minds....

Do yourself a favor and turn up the volume bc this was one of the loudest I ever heard the Orange Bowl (Wash was close)
- It is already loud bc FSU is backed up into the WEZ, Carlos picks it gets even louder and then he scores (after Ray Ray throws the block) and the place was rocking

2001 vs BC. BC about to score to take the lead in the 4th Q. Deflected pass is intercepted by Cane DT Matt Walters. Ed Reed then steals the ball from Matt and weaves 80 yards for a Cane TD.

Game over. Undefeated path to the Natty is preserved.

Ed Reed, one of the best playmakers of all time, in college and the NFL.

This is the greatest canes play of all ****ing time by the greatest safety of all time... A very very very distant second would be thrill hills catch vs the dormers or Sikes 98 yarder vs gators
Your opinion only as there were many as great or greater going back 60 years or more
You are 1000% correct.... My opinion

Advertisement
Testaverde's scramble and pass in the 1986 OU game is absolutely one of my faves.

The Kenny Calhoun tipped pass is easily the most meaningful play

Advertisement
[video]https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=bqBEScXmi_U[/video]
Reminds me a lot of Mw1 looking at these highlights.
Que the vision gripes....

Advertisement
Back