All time Favorite UM Player name

That kid, Tory Mitchell, from Texas was probably faster than any of 'em. He stayed for a year and transferred to Texas Tech. Murdered ten or so years ago.

We had a very fast kid from Washington DC whom we recruited in mid-80's. For some reason he didn't stick with football: Robert Thomas.

Mitchell and Thomas were legitimate track guys, very fast.

I wonder if Shipman could beat them.
Froggy used to Roast players on Greentree...
I'm talking the Fastest of the Fast for $$$$

Advertisement
Danny Miller and Flea Davis in the Gables 1981

Would have loved to see Ryan Grimmet vs Froggy Shipman. I know Ryan came over and smoke checked Jammi German on Greentree one and it wasn’t even close.

Semper Canes!!!

Advertisement
Would have loved to see Ryan Grimmet vs Froggy Shipman. I know Ryan came over and smoke checked Jammi German on Greentree one and it wasn’t even close.

Semper Canes!!!
I've never seen a Cane (on grass mind you)
run as fast as Froggy in the 40 (and I've seen a bunch of Fast Canes)....Now it's different for the 100....but 40yds...Im rolling with Froggy....

Wasn't Tom Sullivan also called Silky Sullivan?

Also, there was a QB that always wore white shoes during games and he got to be called Kelly (or Kenny?) White Shoes Cochran

I remember, at home games, the announcer always calling our team MIAMA....not Miami

Advertisement

Semper Canes!!!
He might have beaten him in a race...but Jammi is Top 5 Best Offensive HS FB players I've seen play in 38yrs of watching Fl HS FB....Jammi toyed with people in HS...

Wasn't Tom Sullivan also called Silky Sullivan?

Also, there was a QB that always wore white shoes during games and he got to be called Kelly (or Kenny?) White Shoes Cochran

I remember, at home games, the announcer always calling our team MIAMA....not Miami

Yes. He was called Silky. I think the original Silky Sullivan was a racehorse.

Yep, it was a racehorse.
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silky_Sullivan

Yes. We had a QB around '70 named Kelly Cochrane.

http://www.journalreview.com/sports/article_243b6d3e-f108-5ee0-864b-86fe740c3ad4.html

I still remember watching that Houston game. We opened with a bomb down the left sideline. I recall the game being in the domed stadium. That was very rare in those days.

I don't know why Cochrane didn't develop more as a QB. When Curci took over he commented on how many things Cochrane was doing wrong.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Well, I think Edgerrin was a contraction of Ed and German who was Edgerrin's father, as I recall.(Ed German).

Maybe he was somehow related to Jammi. Same part of the state?

And I guess Tyler and DeMarcus are related.😉

A couple of unique names. Golden Ruel, Steadman Scavella, Mozell Axson, Bernie Yaffa.

Advertisement
I've never seen a Cane (on grass mind you)
run as fast as Froggy in the 40 (and I've seen a bunch of Fast Canes)....Now it's different for the 100....but 40yds...Im rolling with Froggy....

Give me Tory Mitchell (RIP). I saw him EASILY run alongside and stick Santana regularly when he was practicing with the team in August. Made it look easy.

Advertisement
Back