All signs leading to Scarlett to UF

He was also a really good offensive coordinator at Alabama when they won championships.

He was the coach who got Trent Richardson, Eddie Lacy, Dee Hart and Julio Jones to Bama.
Cant believe some are here hating on this guy.

Yeah he was the OC. Being an OC is not being a Head Coach. Ask Randy Shannon. Great DC, ******* atrocious head coach!

Advertisement
McElwain won double digit games and a bowl game in his 3rd season.

Folden hasn't won double digit games in 9 years as and can't win a bowl game.

Last edited:
Lol sounds like UF might have their own used car salesman up there. This guy at face value is Al Golden. His track record as a Head Coach was at Colorado State. Where he was a good assistant, that doesn't mean **** at the head coaching level. Is what it is.

He was the head coach at Colorado State

Al Golden was the head coach at Temple. Whats your point?

what has al golden achieved in his coaching career?

Absolutely nothing in his head coaching career. Neither has MacElwain.
He won a bowl game and won 10 games one year. Neither of which Al Golden has figured how to do yet, despite being a head coach for 3x longer.

Advertisement
Mcelwain isn't a slam dunk by any means, but he won 10 games in his 3rd year (yes actually beating teams with winning records as well, I know novel concept) and coached under the greatest coach of the modern era where he won 2 titles as an offensive coordinator. That's a solid resume. Hes clearly a much better coach than Golden, though that means next to nothing.

That's what happens when you have a new coach. You can sell the world.

Truth! Even Golden was able to con Tracy Howard and Stacy Coley into coming here. Man, how much do you bet those two regret that decision. Chad Thomas might be feeling that now too.

Advertisement
Lol sounds like UF might have their own used car salesman up there. This guy at face value is Al Golden. His track record as a Head Coach was at Colorado State. Where he was a good assistant, that doesn't mean **** at the head coaching level. Is what it is.

winning multiple national titles is doing nothing in your coaching career?

Lol at the guys grasping the chance to gargle on some MacElwain... He coached at Colorado State. No where did I defend Golden. As a matter of fact they compare quite equally. Temple was kicked out of the Big East & Colorado State is in the Mountain West.

oh, and he about to do something I have never seen. He is about to take UF's 98th recruiting class (when he took the job) to a top 10 recruiting class in 2 months.Cant wait to see what he can do with a year to recruit.

Last edited:

winning multiple national titles is doing nothing in your coaching career?

Yeah coaching under Nick Saban will do that for you! Comprehend what I actually wrote before trying to manipulate an argument. By the way Mac did win 10 games at CSU and then got blown out by Utah in the Las Vegas Bowl.

Advertisement
oh, and he about to do something I have never seen. He is about to take UF's 98th recruiting class (when he took the job) to a top 10 recruiting class in 2 months.Cant wait to see what he can do with a year to recruit.

There's a ton of talent left in state. Who's UF rumored to get? (Leave out the people Whoop mentioned in his PM)

I'll tell you what he ISN'T. He ISN'T ALfraud Glutton so he's got that going for him. And if I were a running back with offers from McElwain and Golden, IDGAF where they're coaching, I'm going with McElwain.

Advertisement

There's a ton of talent left in state. Who's UF rumored to get? (Leave out the people Whoop mentioned in his PM)

well there is 2-3 tonight

and then NSD is going to be insane.

Advertisement
Back