All because of our kicking....

Ask Georgia if they would have liked to make a kick against South Carolina.

They are a better team than South Carolina, shouldn't come down to a kick. A 40+ yard kick at that.

Also, notice how is said consistently, my dude.

Advertisement
This doesn't seem right...but does seem plausible.

Alright, I'll bite. What's your argument for this and what's your supporting evidence?

My supporting evidence is the fact that we have been 2-3-4 TD favorites over 3 of our opponents and we're blaming kicking for losses? Think back to 2017 Miami, we only needed Badgley to come through one time to win a game for us.

Relying on kicking is not reliable across all of college football.

They also beat Notre Dame by two kicks.

Notre Dame is a good team, top 10 at the time. An appropriate time to have to rely on kicking to edge out a win. You’re going to drive yourself crazy thinking the kicking game is the apex problem for the current team

Advertisement
If you’re 7-0 with an avg margin of victory of less than 5 points your a 500 team. I actually like that we have multiple close loses. It highlights all of our deficiencies. If we were 7-0 a lot of people would be talking about how awesome manny is doing and how this teams is always finding a way to win. We would be saying that if we only clean up some mistakes were on our way.
Nahh playboy. You’re losing to shty teams cause we’re not prepared well, we’re indisciplined, we suck at special teams, and some of our players have regressed. Thank god for baxa and his misses. Now we get to see the team butt naked with all the flaws showing.

...we are blowing up cause we can't make fing fg's. amazing. I know we have deeper issues but if we had made all these fg's chit would be way different...

This is exactly how simpleton's view football. The administration thinks this way as does our AD. They point to ONE PLAY as to why we lost... very simplistic, uneducated and naive.

What they miss...
Our offense can't convert in the redzone
Our offense can't convert on 3rd downs (dropped passes, penalties, sacks, etc)
Our play-calling doesn't fit our players
Our Defense can't get stops or 3rd or 4th down
Our Defense allows 14 play drives
Our Defense commits atrocious penalties
Our Defense can't tackle

And most importantly... we're talking about MEDIOCRE competition. VT almost lost to Furman; GT lost to Citadel.

Our talent keeps us in games; our coaching loses it.

We have enough talent and coaching to keep us in every game we have played. We have enough lack of talent and depth in certain positions and coaching deficiencies that make it likely most of our games are going to be close. The fact that so many games have come down to a (missed) kick(s) is not surprising. In 2019 this is what we are. Could have worse without a bit of talent infusion from the portal.

Notre Dame is a good team, top 10 at the time. An appropriate time to have to rely on kicking to edge out a win. You’re going to drive yourself crazy thinking the kicking game is the apex problem for the current team
It is if you care about winning games.

Advertisement
This is exactly how simpleton's view football. The administration thinks this way as does our AD. They point to ONE PLAY as to why we lost... very simplistic, uneducated and naive.

What they miss...
Our offense can't convert in the redzone
Our offense can't convert on 3rd downs (dropped passes, penalties, sacks, etc)
Our play-calling doesn't fit our players
Our Defense can't get stops or 3rd or 4th down
Our Defense allows 14 play drives
Our Defense commits atrocious penalties
Our Defense can't tackle

And most importantly... we're talking about MEDIOCRE competition. VT almost lost to Furman; GT lost to Citadel.

Our talent keeps us in games; our coaching loses it.

@CaneDogX and your comments are exactly how intellectually bankrupt people think. If you can’t get the gist of my comments that is your problem. My comments are pretty much in line with what your saying. My point was that a few kicks would have people thinking we are great while looking over the bigger issues of our team. Gee whiz dude.

Florida game yes, I agree... UNC, slept walked the 1st quarter... Central Michigan, no that was just us... Vtech, extra point was big, but not the main concern... Gtech, we win if we make any of those short kicks, but no excuse for the **** poor tacking and the inability to get off the field on 3rd down
I put the GT loss right on Manny. If he simply plays Baxa, he hits at least one of three. Give the guy a chance to get his mind right, not ***** with him and every other kicker. It's been known for ages that kickers have a fragile psyche. They aren't like a DB that gets beat then gets to go right back out there a few minutes later. They might miss one kick then have to stew over it for 2 hours before getting another shot. Manny doesn't know WTF he is doing in regards to the kicking game. ****, they don't even know how to center the ball between the hashmarks for the kickers. Kickers he knows are struggling.

I care about winning but using the kicking game as the scapegoat for being 3-4 with this schedule is laughable.
It's not the solution for all the problems, but the truth is if we are even serviceable in that area we are still in good position to be Coastal champs. Not going to argue further, but yes kicking is important and MAJOR issue.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back