All AP voter's ballots

We essentially have a 10 team play-off right now, unless something super odd happens. The conference championships should give us the 5 teams that have legitimate claims to a national championship. One is the unlucky winner. Games played matter.

Advertisement
georgia is beast and bama my thing is these fa99ots better not put both of them in the playoff if they play each other in the sec title game. Whoever wins that eliminates the other plain and simple. Win that game that team gets in.

Perhaps. However, if both the Dawgs and Roll Tide are ' undefeated ' in the SEC title game. Then I believe, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that both will be in the play-offs! Yikes.:sanford:

Its stupid, if the conference championship was the first game of the year then ok but its the last game and UGA or Bama losing practically the last game of the year then they should be out of it. How can they be a best team if they just lost to there conferences best team?

Are you guys really this dopey? It's supposed to be the best FOUR teams in the country. Not the best four you can find from four different conferences.

How u the best if u just lost ur last game though?

This is why this **** is stupid, there should be a rule in place like if u lose that game u ***ed fans like u cant cry there way into the playoffs or have built in excuses. They should make rules so no one can question anything

I just dont get how u lose ur last game to ur conference foe who just won your confrence, how should they get rewarded when they just had a chance to knock that team out. Give someone else a chance to beat them if u failed

If two undefeated teams play for a conference title, one HAS to lose. It doesn't automatically make one of them not one of the best 4 teams in the country. ****, the loser MIGHT be the second best team in the country.

I guarantee you, if both of them are undefeated and the game is very close, both teams will make it in. For starters, most of the teams below them will lose more games. Secondly, I sure as **** wouldn't put a one loss Ohio State ahead of either one of them if it plays out like this. An early loss to an average OU team or a late loss to the #1 team in the country. Which one is better?

All that matters to me is US winning out. We do that and we're in the top 4 easily.

But second place is not first so what does it matter, if u know going into the game u have our shot to play that number one squad then take full advantage of it. If u lose u had your shot give someone else a chance and if that team loses so be it.

Second place isn't 5th place either. You can be #2 in your conference AND be the second best team in the country. Right now, that's what I see when I see Alabama and Georgia. I see the two best teams in the country. The only thing that will change my opinion is if they begin to struggle, and some other team puts a better body of work together. So far, no one has. If one of them monkey stomps the other in the title game, there is a chance the one getting stomped will be pushed out of the top 4. A close game between what is more than likely the two best teams should not push one to #5 . I'm sorry, but I just don't believe that is right.

georgia is beast and bama my thing is these fa99ots better not put both of them in the playoff if they play each other in the sec title game. Whoever wins that eliminates the other plain and simple. Win that game that team gets in.

Perhaps. However, if both the Dawgs and Roll Tide are ' undefeated ' in the SEC title game. Then I believe, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that both will be in the play-offs! Yikes.:sanford:

that **** to me is dumb

that **** to me is dumb

So taking a one loss Ohio State team that lost to an average Oklahoma team is less dumb to you?

Advertisement
I do not agree that the CFP committee should be choosing the top 4 teams exactly. They should be choosing the four teams who have earned the right to prove you're the best, and the first question they should have to answer about any team being considered is, "Has this team already lost on the field to one of the other three?" I get sick of this "eye test" nonsense, and, speaking for myself, it's probably the main thing about the human element that ****es me off. I understand that not every team is going to play every other team, and in most cases you have to take other elements into consideration when you're trying to narrow the field, but nothing, not conference strength, non conference schedule, and certainly not some subjective "eye test" should ever trump head to head results.

Ohio State getting in last year was an embarrassment to the committee after they became the first team to be shut out in the CFP. I do not believe they will be so eager to make that same mistake.

Somebody told me that this poll was "closer to reality" than the Coaches because these voters aren't as biased. Yet the Tampa Bay voter has USF over us. That's reality, huh?

Agree with this. And - if ESPN had it their way - undefeated Penn State would play undefeated Wisconsin in the Big 10 Title game. Then the whole playoff would be SEC and Big 10. One loss and any ACC team is at risk of losing out.

Advertisement
Somebody told me that this poll was "closer to reality" than the Coaches because these voters aren't as biased. Yet the Tampa Bay voter has USF over us. That's reality, huh?

i went through the list looking for affiliation bias and was actually surprised that i didn't see much of it, or atleast anything unreasonable

i must have missed that one ha. good catch

i went through the list looking for affiliation bias and was actually surprised that i didn't see much of it, or atleast anything unreasonable

i must have missed that one ha. good catch

Just a quick glance through I saw 3 more where it was either a local/state newspaper or conference affiliation where something unusual was going on. Overall I guess it evens out, but there is a decent amount.

Getting love from all corners of Florida. Nice to see. BTW, this weekend will tell us a lot about our team. If we are extended to win in the 4th, we probably don't belong in the top 10. I want to see a quick start and domination. Hopefully we'll get 50K in the seats at Hard Rock. 55,759 for GT, did not look like that on TV. Keep winning Notre Dame will be a sell out and VT will be 60+.

Advertisement
My biggest problem is Ohio State. We're halfway through the season. Forget preseason hype, there is enough data to rank teams on what they have done. And they've done nothing.

Here is who Ohio State has beaten: Indiana, Army, UNLV, Rutgers, Maryland, and Nebraska. Not one of those teams even appears in the others receiving votes category. I suppose their best win is against 3-3 Indiana?

They also lost a game. At home. To Oklahoma who just lost at home to Iowa State and is looking very shaky.

So to sum up their resume, they have 0 quality wins and a home loss. Why is this team ranked ahead of us? We have zero losses and two wins (GT and FSU) that are both better than any of their wins. Why is this team, with zero quality wins, the top ranked one loss team? This ranking is the poster child for how biased voters can be based on team's reputations and preseason hype.

All of this - Ohio State has done nothing and yet somehow is still the darling.

Advertisement
Back