All AP voter's ballots

I don't know man. They need to have a certain level of blow back from that ****..

No argument there. I'm more than fine with that approach.

I've always assumed rankings were an attempt to rate the Best to Worse. Teams at the top always get everyone's best effort.. It's hard to be up to the challenge every single week.

Advertisement
Upon further review, how do they determine the voting body? Pretty surprised not to see SMD or Manny on there...they've been covering us forever.

Breakdown of Votes since I'm bored as ****.

By Place
4 Votes for 5th place
13 Votes for 6th place
17 Votes for 7th place
8 Votes for 8th place
10 Votes for 9th place
4 Votes for 10th place
1 Vote for 11th place
3 Votes for 12th place
1 Vote for 13th place
1 Vote for 14th place

By Noticeable Conference Affiliate
-All 3 Florida based Voters voted UM at 5th place[/B] -UF affiliate, UF/FSU affiliate, and a FSU affiliate.
-ACC(13, including ND): 6 had us at 7th place, 3 had us at 9th place, 2 had us at 5th place (both FSU), 1 had us at 8th place, 1 had us at 6th place(NCST/UNC voter). All except 2 placed us higher than 8th, none outside top 10.
-SEC(15): 6 had us at 6th place, 3 had us at 8th place, 2 had us at 5th place(both UF), 2 had us at 12th place (Ole ****/Tenn), 1 had us at 7th place, 1 had us at 10th place. Majority (9/15) had us higher than 8th. Only 2 had us outside top 10.

Of the 61 voters, 33 had us ranked higher than Clemson. Clemson's lowest ranking is 12 (Highest is 4).
Only 1 voter had a different ACC team ranked ahead of us (Voted Clem at #7 , VT at #8 , and us at #12 )

Johnny Miller, the sole Boston College affiliate, Balot:
Only voter to have FSU ranked ( at [URL=https://www.canesinsight.com/usertag.php?do=list&action=hash&hash=2]#2 5[/URL] despite being 2-3)
Only voter to have Wisconsin ranked #2
Has us ranked #7 , and in front of #4 TCU

Other notes:
UVA is actually ranked in 10 ballots (They are ranked in 42 of the coaches ballots).
Coaches poll has same top 6 as AP poll. But we are #7 over Clemson(#8 ) in the coaches poll.
The sole ESPN representative is an Alabama affiliate...

Advertisement
Lmao at VT at 8.

GT is better than VT and will beat them after we do

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have no problem with FSU being ranked #25 . In 1999 we started 2-3 but were still in the top 25. Look at who FSU lost to. They were in that game with Bama until a couple special teams mishaps, and their starting QB getting hurt. NC State is a really solid, and ranked, team. We are undefeated. Wake is improved, and Duke is always well coached and can play with anyone. Given that FSU was coming off a very physical game with Miami, I can see why they'd struggle at Duke.

I don't like FSU at all, but they are a talented team with some tough losses. Just like Miami in 1999.

georgia is beast and bama my thing is these fa99ots better not put both of them in the playoff if they play each other in the sec title game. Whoever wins that eliminates the other plain and simple. Win that game that team gets in.

I say put the best four in. No matter the conference affiliation. If they are both undefeated and it's a close fought win, then the other absolutely deserves consideration.

conference game should be a playoff game, if the team lost by 1 so what they lost thatts a playoff game............that game should mean something and its the last game, if u lose that game u shouldnt get another chance. By allowing that then u play favoritism BS.....win that game win your conference to get in period. (If u just lost ur not the best team) Conference title games should be considered playoff games, give the conference champions the playoff spot, the way it should be

The idea is to get the best four teams into the playoffs. In a scenario like this, GA could easily be better than other Power 5 conference champions. I want to see the best four teams, not 4 conference champions who may not be better than teams like GA, in this scenario.

You really got a thing for Georgia, don’t you?

Advertisement
georgia is beast and bama my thing is these fa99ots better not put both of them in the playoff if they play each other in the sec title game. Whoever wins that eliminates the other plain and simple. Win that game that team gets in.

I say put the best four in. No matter the conference affiliation. If they are both undefeated and it's a close fought win, then the other absolutely deserves consideration.

conference game should be a playoff game, if the team lost by 1 so what they lost thatts a playoff game............that game should mean something and its the last game, if u lose that game u shouldnt get another chance. By allowing that then u play favoritism BS.....win that game win your conference to get in period. (If u just lost ur not the best team) Conference title games should be considered playoff games, give the conference champions the playoff spot, the way it should be

The idea is to get the best four teams into the playoffs. In a scenario like this, GA could easily be better than other Power 5 conference champions. I want to see the best four teams, not 4 conference champions who may not be better than teams like GA, in this scenario.

I was thinking the same thing. Seems a bit strange that someone on a Miami message board is purposefully attempting to make such a strong case for Georgia in a hypothetical playoff scenario.

I have no problem with FSU being ranked #25 . In 1999 we started 2-3 but were still in the top 25. Look at who FSU lost to. They were in that game with Bama until a couple special teams mishaps, and their starting QB getting hurt. NC State is a really solid, and ranked, team. We are undefeated. Wake is improved, and Duke is always well coached and can play with anyone. Given that FSU was coming off a very physical game with Miami, I can see why they'd struggle at Duke.

I don't like FSU at all, but they are a talented team with some tough losses. Just like Miami in 1999.

This post is one of the most brain-dead things I have ever read, and deserves to go in the Brock Hall of Fame for most ridiculous use of worthless statistics.

In 1999, there were fewer Division I programs. In 2017, as just a simple example, you have both UCF and USF ranked in the Top 25. These were programs that entered Division I in 1996 (UCF) and 2001 (USF).

Thus, we have more football programs (and more that are deserving of Top 25 consideration) in 2017 than we had in 1999, yet the Top 25 is still only 25 teams. UM didn't deserve to be in the Top 25 in 1999 with a 2-3 record (yes, we lost to the #1 and #3 teams, but we also lost to EAST CAROLINA), and F$U certainly doesn't deserve to be in the Top 25 in 2017 with a 2-3 record.

Even having ONE VOTE in the AP poll for F$U at 2-3 is considered to be so outrageous that the F$U beat writers can't even defend it and are flabbergasted by it.

Stop trying to act like there is some justification of this. That voter is ancient and out-of-touch, and his vote should be taken away. Not to mention the fact that there are no sports journalists from South Florida.

Advertisement
My biggest problem is Ohio State. We're halfway through the season. Forget preseason hype, there is enough data to rank teams on what they have done. And they've done nothing.

Here is who Ohio State has beaten: Indiana, Army, UNLV, Rutgers, Maryland, and Nebraska. Not one of those teams even appears in the others receiving votes category. I suppose their best win is against 3-3 Indiana?

They also lost a game. At home. To Oklahoma who just lost at home to Iowa State and is looking very shaky.

So to sum up their resume, they have 0 quality wins and a home loss. Why is this team ranked ahead of us? We have zero losses and two wins (GT and FSU) that are both better than any of their wins. Why is this team, with zero quality wins, the top ranked one loss team? This ranking is the poster child for how biased voters can be based on team's reputations and preseason hype.

Nobody in the big has beaten anyone. Gators suck *** and Ohio St got trounced at home by OU. And Wisconsin is the biggest culprit of all. I find it funny that the talking heads question Miami the most of any team, when the BIG teams are the ones who need to be questioned.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Advertisement

No, my interest in college football is to see the four best teams in the playoffs. I could care less how many there are from each conference. I don't want to see "participation trophy" teams in the final four.

You do realize it was GA used in this scenario. It has nothing to do with a "thing".

I was thinking the same thing. Seems a bit strange that someone on a Miami message board is purposefully attempting to make such a strong case for Georgia in a hypothetical playoff scenario.

It's strange to you because they were the topic of discussion earlier and I used them as an example. Pull your dress down man.

Half these voters would absolutely put a 1 loss PSU, OSU, or UGA/Bama over an undefeated UM team.

In all seriousness though, it's way too early to worry about all this. Lets get past 'Cuse on Saturday and so on and so on.

Definitely with you. Just talking hypothetical. Every game is a single elimination playoff for us in my opinion. I said it in an earlier thread, but every game on our schedule is a toss up.

This post is one of the most brain-dead things I have ever read, and deserves to go in the Brock Hall of Fame for most ridiculous use of worthless statistics.

In 1999, there were fewer Division I programs. In 2017, as just a simple example, you have both UCF and USF ranked in the Top 25. These were programs that entered Division I in 1996 (UCF) and 2001 (USF).

Thus, we have more football programs (and more that are deserving of Top 25 consideration) in 2017 than we had in 1999, yet the Top 25 is still only 25 teams. UM didn't deserve to be in the Top 25 in 1999 with a 2-3 record (yes, we lost to the #1 and #3 teams, but we also lost to EAST CAROLINA), and F$U certainly doesn't deserve to be in the Top 25 in 2017 with a 2-3 record.

Even having ONE VOTE in the AP poll for F$U at 2-3 is considered to be so outrageous that the F$U beat writers can't even defend it and are flabbergasted by it.

Stop trying to act like there is some justification of this. That voter is ancient and out-of-touch, and his vote should be taken away. Not to mention the fact that there are no sports journalists from South Florida.

I'd take FSU over USF and Central Florida. Let me ask you, what would their records be with FSU's schedule? FSU has played a brutal schedule, and was in every game they lost. Even to mighty Alabama. I guarantee you there are several teams in the top 25 that would have fared worse than FSU against that schedule. Wisconsin included.

Advertisement
Back