All AP voter's ballots

I say put the best four in. No matter the conference affiliation. If they are both undefeated and it's a close fought win, then the other absolutely deserves consideration.

conference game should be a playoff game, if the team lost by 1 so what they lost thatts a playoff game............that game should mean something and its the last game, if u lose that game u shouldnt get another chance. By allowing that then u play favoritism BS.....win that game win your conference to get in period. (If u just lost ur not the best team) Conference title games should be considered playoff games, give the conference champions the playoff spot, the way it should be

The idea is to get the best four teams into the playoffs. In a scenario like this, GA could easily be better than other Power 5 conference champions. I want to see the best four teams, not 4 conference champions who may not be better than teams like GA, in this scenario.

You really got a thing for Georgia, don’t you?

I was thinking the same thing. Seems a bit strange that someone on a Miami message board is purposefully attempting to make such a strong case for Georgia in a hypothetical playoff scenario.

Its stupid, if the conference championship was the first game of the year then ok but its the last game and UGA or Bama losing practically the last game of the year then they should be out of it. How can they be a best team if they just lost to there conferences best team?

Its backwards *** thinking and thinking like that spreads and makes the playoff system unfair, temas should be reqarded that win there conference period. What happens if a conference champ with 2 losses sneaks in and wins the whole thing one day, it can happen. **** Ohio Taint had no business being there last season

Last edited:
Advertisement
conference game should be a playoff game, if the team lost by 1 so what they lost thatts a playoff game............that game should mean something and its the last game, if u lose that game u shouldnt get another chance. By allowing that then u play favoritism BS.....win that game win your conference to get in period. (If u just lost ur not the best team) Conference title games should be considered playoff games, give the conference champions the playoff spot, the way it should be

The idea is to get the best four teams into the playoffs. In a scenario like this, GA could easily be better than other Power 5 conference champions. I want to see the best four teams, not 4 conference champions who may not be better than teams like GA, in this scenario.

I was thinking the same thing. Seems a bit strange that someone on a Miami message board is purposefully attempting to make such a strong case for Georgia in a hypothetical playoff scenario.

Its stupid, if the conference championship was the first game of the year then ok but its the last game and UGA or Bama losing practically the last game of the year then they should be out of it. How can they be a best team if they just lost to there conferences best team?

Are you guys really this dopey? It's supposed to be the best FOUR teams in the country. Not the best four you can find from four different conferences.

Are you guys really this dopey? It's supposed to be the best FOUR teams in the country. Not the best four you can find from four different conferences.

How u the best if u just lost ur last game though?

This is why this **** is stupid, there should be a rule in place like if u lose that game u ***ed fans like u cant cry there way into the playoffs or have built in excuses. They should make rules so no one can question anything

I just dont get how u lose ur last game to ur conference foe who just won your confrence, how should they get rewarded when they just had a chance to knock that team out. Give someone else a chance to beat them if u failed

Last edited:
I have no problem with FSU being ranked #25 . In 1999 we started 2-3 but were still in the top 25. Look at who FSU lost to. They were in that game with Bama until a couple special teams mishaps, and their starting QB getting hurt. NC State is a really solid, and ranked, team. We are undefeated. Wake is improved, and Duke is always well coached and can play with anyone. Given that FSU was coming off a very physical game with Miami, I can see why they'd struggle at Duke.

I don't like FSU at all, but they are a talented team with some tough losses. Just like Miami in 1999.

This post is one of the most brain-dead things I have ever read, and deserves to go in the Brock Hall of Fame for most ridiculous use of worthless statistics.

In 1999, there were fewer Division I programs. In 2017, as just a simple example, you have both UCF and USF ranked in the Top 25. These were programs that entered Division I in 1996 (UCF) and 2001 (USF).

Thus, we have more football programs (and more that are deserving of Top 25 consideration) in 2017 than we had in 1999, yet the Top 25 is still only 25 teams. UM didn't deserve to be in the Top 25 in 1999 with a 2-3 record (yes, we lost to the #1 and #3 teams, but we also lost to EAST CAROLINA), and F$U certainly doesn't deserve to be in the Top 25 in 2017 with a 2-3 record.

Even having ONE VOTE in the AP poll for F$U at 2-3 is considered to be so outrageous that the F$U beat writers can't even defend it and are flabbergasted by it.

Stop trying to act like there is some justification of this. That voter is ancient and out-of-touch, and his vote should be taken away. Not to mention the fact that there are no sports journalists from South Florida.

I'd take FSU over USF and Central Florida. Let me ask you, what would their records be with FSU's schedule? FSU has played a brutal schedule, and was in every game they lost. Even to mighty Alabama. I guarantee you there are several teams in the top 25 that would have fared worse than FSU against that schedule. Wisconsin included.

Another ridiculous comment.

You don't vote for teams based on what they COULD HAVE DONE.

You vote for teams based on what they actually did.

F$U is not a Top 25 team when they have a sub-.500 record and they only beat Duke by 7 and they only beat Wake by 7.

See what I did there? If Duke and Wake score one more TD and get a 2 point conversion, then F$U is 0-5.

Woulda, coulda, shoulda. I don't care about "brutal schedules" (and let's not forget that nobody thought NC State was a Top 25 team), we still have an actual outcome where F$U is 2-3.

And NOT a Top 25 team.

This is why this **** is stupid, there should be a rule in place like if u lose that game u ***ed fans like u cant cry there way into the playoffs or have built in excuses. They should make rules so no one can question anything

I just dont get how u lose ur last game to ur conference foe who just won your confrence, how should they get rewarded when they just had a chance to knock that team out. Give someone else a chance to beat them if u failed

If two undefeated teams play for a conference title, one HAS to lose. It doesn't automatically make one of them not one of the best 4 teams in the country. ****, the loser MIGHT be the second best team in the country.

I guarantee you, if both of them are undefeated and the game is very close, both teams will make it in. For starters, most of the teams below them will lose more games. Secondly, I sure as **** wouldn't put a one loss Ohio State ahead of either one of them if it plays out like this. An early loss to an average OU team or a late loss to the #1 team in the country. Which one is better?

All that matters to me is US winning out. We do that and we're in the top 4 easily.

Advertisement

If you don't get the concept of four best teams then there really isn't much left to discuss. The football playoff committee said that they will put who they think are the four best into the tourney, no matter the conference set up. It is very quite possible that two teams who play for their conference title are two of the best four EVEN after their title game.

You should be selected on your entire body of work and not just one game.

This is why the college basketball conference tournaments are dumb. The conferences that get multiple teams into the tournament each year should give their automatic bid to the regular season champion and not the conference tournament champion. You reward a team that plays good over 3-4 days instead of the team that does it consistently all year long.

If, and when they go to 8 teams then I can see conference champions getting automatic berths from the Power 5 and then they do 3 at large. But no way can you do that with just four teams.

Believe me, if Miami were to go into their conference championship game against Clemson, who could be ranked 2nd, and lose in a tight fought game at the end by a FG; you best believe Miami fans will be shouting loudly that they belong in the final four over some conference champion from conference X,Y,Z.

If two undefeated teams play for a conference title, one HAS to lose. It doesn't automatically make one of them not one of the best 4 teams in the country. ****, the loser MIGHT be the second best team in the country.

I guarantee you, if both of them are undefeated and the game is very close, both teams will make it in. For starters, most of the teams below them will lose more games. Secondly, I sure as **** wouldn't put a one loss Ohio State ahead of either one of them if it plays out like this. An early loss to an average OU team or a late loss to the #1 team in the country. Which one is better?

All that matters to me is US winning out. We do that and we're in the top 4 easily.

But second place is not first so what does it matter, if u know going into the game u have our shot to play that number one squad then take full advantage of it. If u lose u had your shot give someone else a chance and if that team loses so be it.

If you don't get the concept of four best teams then there really isn't much left to discuss. The football playoff committee said that they will put who they think are the four best into the tourney, no matter the conference set up. It is very quite possible that two teams who play for their conference title are two of the best four EVEN after their title game.

This is why the college basketball conference tournaments are dumb. The conferences that get multiple teams into the tournament each year should give their automatic bid to the regular season champion and not the conference tournament champion. You reward a team that plays good over 3-4 days instead of the team that does it consistently all year long.

If, and when they go to 8 teams then I can see conference champions getting automatic berths from the Power 5 and then they do 3 at large. But no way can you do that with just four teams.

Believe me, if Miami were to go into their conference championship game against Clemson, who could be ranked 2nd, and lose in a tight fought game at the end by a FG; you best believe Miami fans will be shouting loudly that they belong in the final four over some conference champion from conference X,Y,Z.

The giants werent a top 8 team when they went 9-7 they snuck into the playoffs and beat everybody, put rules in place that winning your division matters so no one can bytch about opinions of i think this team is the best or these guy r the top four. U eliminate that with conference wins, fuq it then expand they playoff and lose your conference title game and still get in.....if it was like that i would rest everyone in the conference title game cuz we still getting in. They need a rule like CBB, if we lose to Clemson in the conference title game we dont deserve to be in the final four period, even tho if we got invited I would cheer my *** off but im just being real.

ANd if u guys know me I would not cry about it because if u lose to Clemson whats the point u had ur shot. That conference title game should be a must win and a important game

and this is what im really hoping for

Advertisement

You and me both pal.

You and me both pal.

they need to expand it asap but how would they vote in the three at large?

This shows how much media coverage we get in the state outside of South Florida. Three Florida based writers, granted one is from gayville, and not one covers or is affiliated with Mia.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get rid of preseason ranking and these other meaningless polls. Polling shouldn't start until a month or a month and a half into play. I realize this is how they think they create profit, but I'd argue the merits of the game itself are strong enough without these meaningless rankings...

Cheeseburger, Lineage 14.1

Advertisement
I dont pay much attention to the polls anymore. The 2000 season was enough for me. That was one of the biggest sports kick-in-the-balls Ive ever experienced. For you younguns on here, you would have blown your lid. Would love for CIS to have been around then. Banners would have been flyin everywhere. ***** the polls. That Hurricane team would have kicked the crap out of Oklahoma. I still dont understand how FSU got in the championship game. Failure by the NCAA and that stupid computer model.

Yeah Im still bitter.

Get rid of preseason ranking and these other meaningless polls. Polling shouldn't start until a month or a month and a half into play. I realize this is how they think they create profit, but I'd argue the merits of the game itself are strong enough without these meaningless rankings...

Gambling is probably the main reason at this point. Plus, it's a huge tradition with collegiate sports so that will also keep it running.

You and me both pal.

I'd assume one of them would be an undefeated Go5 team and/or a Go5 conference champion with 1 loss and the highest strength of schedule. Then the remaining one or two votes would be some P5 team that was undefeated and then lost in their conference champ game if such a thing existed in that season.

There's probably a ton of ways it could go down with a lot of moving parts at play. Probably no perfectly clean answer.

Advertisement

Gambling is probably the main reason at this point. Plus, it's a huge tradition with collegiate sports so that will also keep it running.
I understand tradition, even if I disagree with it personally. I don't understand the gambling point. NFL doesn't have these "rankings" and there is a ton of gambling involves there.

You and me both pal.

The playoff committee would need to get their collective shtt in order and remove the **** politics of it, then after doing so, they would pick. No different than the basketball committee for their tourney.

My way out of left field gripe would be the consideration of a school like Notre Dame that doesn't have a the conference championship game to contend with.

I have always said that Notre Dame had an advantage not being in a conference. The biggest one, in my opinion, is that teams in the ACC will sit players, who are on the fence health wise, against Notre Dame because it's a non-conference opponent where they would play in games against true ACC opponents.

But second place is not first so what does it matter, if u know going into the game u have our shot to play that number one squad then take full advantage of it. If u lose u had your shot give someone else a chance and if that team loses so be it.

I agree with this.

If you win your conference, you maintain a great position to get in.
Conference 'ships should be looked at as the unofficial first week of the CFP.

Advertisement
Back