Alin Edouard Miami Herald article

THAT WAS THE CORRECT ANSWER! Everything Alin has said isn't even close. (Now that is assuming that, that was an actual quote from Rosier)

“That doesn’t bother me in terms of who committed or didn’t commit,” Rosier said. “I understand there will be competition anywhere I go. Even if there’s no one this year, what about last year, or the year before that? That’s part of the deal with being a college quarterback. My thing is the more competition, the better, I honestly like adversity. I know succeeding through that will make me a better person.”

Compare that with Edouard............

Advertisement
Is it just me, or does it seem like our dirty laundry gets aired out in the media more than any other program? Always some **** controversy and very little positive news.

"You gone have your doubters, you gone have your naysayers. Guess what? You go to Miami. Nobody likes you. Coach is not lying man I'm telling you, nobody likes you. I know. They don't like me. Cuz I'm from the U! I'm from the orange and green but everybody wants to be like us. Cuz they know how much WORK we put in." Ed Reed

Is it just me, or does it seem like our dirty laundry gets aired out in the media more than any other program? Always some **** controversy and very little positive news.

No, its not just you. The problem here, is along with USC, we are one of the only major programs in a big city, with a "big city media" or at least they think they are, who loves to engage in sensationalism and controversy. In most college towns, the media supports the team and program, because the school, fans, and community would not put up with it. But in Miami, the Herald treats UM like a scandal factory where they hope and pray for every controversy to stir sh*t up. Just another card in the deck that is always stacked against us. Part of it is the fact that UM is a small to mid sized private school, and does not have a local alumni base like most other schools would have.

why does some gaytor doosh hang out on this board all day long following Miami recruits and taking under handed shots at the program?

Same reason politicians run negative adds about there opponents. To sway public(recruits) opinion.

Now Im a bit confused on Alin, after reading the rivals article this morning. He keeps going back and forth with his status of commitment.

Advertisement
For the prom reference, Edouard knew that it was a 2 QB class. He was told from the beginning.

I don't understand how the narrative turned negative on Miami all of a sudden. Kaaya is the second QB. If there is a third, which I doubt, then it's time to worry.

The coaches called you as soon as it went public to reassure you that you that your offer (to play QB!) was still valid.

Like I said, I don't get it.

It turned, because apparently Coley has not had any contact with the kid in two months, assuming Alin is being truthful.

Of course, you have to decide which version of Allen's story you are going to accept as true because he's given wildly divergent accounts of Coley's contact with him.

Yup, all his buddies, (the best players in South Florida) are banging down our doors to sign up for the team since he committed! He probably isn't even the best QB in SF, (I hope he proves me wrong).The locals will start signing up to be Hurricanes when Miami starts winning, with or without one or two local kids committing. That is the bottom line and every single one of us here knows it. Nope, I don't take someone that is close, I take the best QB that wants to be a Cane, someone who commits without all the BS that goes along with it. Someone who recruits for us from the start, doesn't waver if he doesn't get a phone call for a week.

He has a problem, get someone to drive him to the school and talk to the coaches face to face, if they don't want him or they need more time then earn the scolly or move on, no more frigon game playing. Bottom line, these kids want a scollie worth close to 250 grand, earn it! Seriously, you think a kid like Lane cares two craps where Edouard plays? He wants the best college QB we can find throwing him the ball. If Edouard balls out this year great, if not, L-ville is waiting. I'd rather take one great QB than one great one and one average one, it's a waste of a scollie that could be used somewhere else. No more JH's here please, just to make a few locals happy. What will bring the fans back and make the locals happy is winning, that's it, period.

I would rather take the best QB that wants tl o be a Cane. Do we want someone who is average? (not saying Edouard is! If I were a top local kid, I want the best QB available so we can win championships. It would make no difference where he came from or if his color is bright purple, winning is the name of the game at Miami. Win and they will come!

I would prefer to keep Edouard over Rozier simply because he's part of a circle of Miami kids we are recruiting and keeping kids home encourages more kids to stay home.

Is there a big enough difference between Edouard and Rozier? If Rozier is a little bit better, I'd take Edouard. If Rozier is hands down better, I'd take Rozier.

THIS right here. This is the most logical approach. If Rozier is clearly a better prospect, you take him, if its close, you go with the local kid to build the community support and help recruiting.

Last edited:
From the twitter world as of right now 12:45CT different outlets are saying Alin will stick with his committment as long as Miami assures him that he will play QB.

So that should clear everything up now. It's a win win. If we are taking 2 QB's we have Kaaya and Alin. Is it guranteed to be a 2 QB class?
We have offered 5-6 QB's that have Miami in the top 1-2. So almost seems like we expect 3. AG and staff are looking for that depth!

Last edited:
Advertisement
If we take 3 Qbs, I just can't see Dewey and Thompson staying after next years spring. Thompson obviously will still be at UM due to his baseball ability, he's a beast. I doubt Rosier, Kaaya, and Alin all make their way to Greentree though

If we take 3 Qbs, I just can't see Dewey and Thompson staying after next years spring. Thompson obviously will still be at UM due to his baseball ability, he's a beast. I doubt Rosier, Kaaya, and Alin all make their way to Greentree though

Im surprised Thompson hasn't already gone all out on baseball where he as the biggest future and Dewey I think he transfers too

Advertisement
Back