Alex Figueroa has a rating on ESPN now

Advertisement
I don't know how to copy the link but they moved his rating from 2012 to 2013 and he is listed as a 4* prospect on rivals.

Paul improved this past season as well. He'll certainly contribute.

DP, EJ, Kirby, Thomas, Figueroa, Blue and Grace.
That's a pretty strong 2 deep.

Next year is going to be pretty exciting for us. Our offense is set with everybody just getting better. The battle at wide receiver for playing time is going to be epic.

Defensively the future is bright. Forget about this past year. Over and done with.
Everyone gets bigger, stronger, faster and most importantly smarter. No more 99 yard blown coverage td's.
I'm not thinking a freshman comes in and makes a defensive impact next year. I'm thinking it's a Juco and more probably a handful of defensive guys flip a switch and become beasts. Guys like Hamilton, Moore, Luther Robinson, antonio Crawford, Tracey.
**** if only half those guys start running somewhere with a purpose our defense is going to be much better and with our offense going to be one of the best in college football next year an average to good defense might just be enough for a remarkable season.

Advertisement

rejoice? over a 3 star? over a kid with a shoulder injury that is forever going to be prone to injury? rejoice over a kid with a history of not giving a **** about the classroom?

i will be happy to eat my cold plate of crow when this wasn't a wasted scholarship in a limited class on a guy without a defined position yet.

What are your thoughts on John Franklin and Eddie Jackson?

Advertisement

rejoice? over a 3 star? over a kid with a shoulder injury that is forever going to be prone to injury? rejoice over a kid with a history of not giving a **** about the classroom?

i will be happy to eat my cold plate of crow when this wasn't a wasted scholarship in a limited class on a guy without a defined position yet.

Coaching and development are more important than stars.

id say* if fsu gets collins and coley as a result, they will have been tremendous successes, and one or both will have been released from their scholarship year 2.

Last edited by a moderator:

id say* if fsu gets collins and coley as a result, they will have been tremendous successes

LOL

So they're not wasted schollies for players that have no defined positions?

Ok Chief Osceola

id say* if fsu gets collins and coley as a result, they will have been tremendous successes

LOL

So they're not wasted schollies for players that have no defined positions?

Ok Chief Osceola

you seem to not be in the loop on those two. those are offers in an attempt to get a package deal. if the desired package is not part of the 2012 class, the offer will either not be committable on signing day, or they will be "transfers".
secondly, they are not likely to face scholarship reductions next year, and have a larger outgoing class. they can be more liberal with their offers.

Last edited by a moderator:
Advertisement
If you go over Figueroa's history, you see that this kid was being recruited on the path to 4* caliber. He was a top linebacker in a great league and was being recruited by all the Chesapeake schools (VT was pushing hard). The reason he was unranked was the writing on the academic wall was there that he would be an academic casualty as he might not even graduate hs. He turned it around and is once again a legit prospect

If you go over Figueroa's history, you see that this kid was being recruited on the path to 4* caliber. He was a top linebacker in a great league and was being recruited by all the Chesapeake schools (VT was pushing hard). The reason he was unranked was the writing on the academic wall was there that he would be an academic casualty as he might not even graduate hs. He turned it around and is once again a legit prospect

i have, i am very familiar with figs recruiting path. as i mentioned, i will be happy to eat crow publicly when he is a 15 sack all acc edge rusher in the '15 season. until then, ill maintain my position on this commit, under the circumstances of limited class size with impending sanctions.

POST. MORE. OFTEN.

Advertisement

i have, i am very familiar with figs recruiting path. as i mentioned, i will be happy to eat crow publicly when he is a 15 sack all acc edge rusher in the '15 season. until then, ill maintain my position on this commit, under the circumstances of limited class size with impending sanctions.

Well here's the deal bub, Figueroa isn't exactly an edge rusher. His forte isn't pass rushing...the fact that you think it is, makes me think that maybe you aren't as familiar with him as a player as you say you are. Oh and if it takes him getting 15 sacks for you to be impressed with him, then you really are an idiot.

Well here's the deal bub, Figueroa isn't exactly an edge rusher. His forte isn't pass rushing...the fact that you think it is, makes me think that maybe you aren't as familiar with him as a player as you say you are. Oh and if it takes him getting 15 sacks for you to be impressed with him, then you really are an idiot.

You have said two things today that I don't hate.

Eddie Jackson is good.

Yikes.

Advertisement
Back