Alex Collins confirmed at Senior day

Thomas is as must-get as Duke and Tracy Howard. Elite LB/pass rusher in your backyard at a pipeline school? No excuses or rationalizations if he's not a Cane.

Advertisement
Don't get me wrong I want Thomas badly, but Kirkland is very important in that we need OL badly.

Thomas is the most important player in the class not named Olsen.

If you really want to figure out the must haves, look at the NFL. In order to win you have to be able to throw the ball and pressure the other team's QB, period. Olsen is the QB, and we have given him toys to play with plus some nice linemen to grow with (Flowers, Isidora, Feliciano, McDermott, etc.).

The queen of the defensive chess board is a guy like Thomas, that can do it all. Stand him up, put his hand down, send him on a blitz, have him play in space...he wrecks other teams' game plan. And the combo of him and McCord could be outright devastating.

Kirkland is a real nice player who I want badly, but he projects best at guard. You can win big without superstars at guard. Much harder to do so without an elite pass rusher. If he was an elite left tackle prospect, different story, but we got that guy last year with Flowers.

If you really want to figure out the must haves, look at the NFL. In order to win you have to be able to throw the ball and pressure the other team's QB, period. Olsen is the QB, and we have given him toys to play with plus some nice linemen to grow with (Flowers, Isidora, Feliciano, McDermott, etc.).

The queen of the defensive chess board is a guy like Thomas, that can do it all. Stand him up, put his hand down, send him on a blitz, have him play in space...he wrecks other teams' game plan. And the combo of him and McCord could be outright devastating.

Kirkland is a real nice player who I want badly, but he projects best at guard. You can win big without superstars at guard. Much harder to do so without an elite pass rusher. If he was an elite left tackle prospect, different story, but we got that guy last year with Flowers.

+1.

Kirkland is an excellent prospect but he projects to G and it's not like we have nobodies on the OL in recent years. I like Flowers, Gadbois, Isidora and Gall. Knighton (if we land him) is a guy I like a lot as well.

I like McCord and Terry as well but Big 6 is on another stratosphere as a hybrid edge player. He's a top 5 overall talent in this class and a high 5* talent for me. Needs get thrown out the door when you're talking about an elite pass rusher who can also cover and play the run...and do so from multiple positions. We don't; have a guy like that on the roster and we won't have a guy like that on the roster if we don't sign Thomas, considering the fact that there are only a few of those at any given time in all of college football.

To sum it up: elite prospect at high value position...everyone needs that. It would be a travesty if said player signs with them.

This. Thomas should be #1 on our board, and it's not really close.

Advertisement
i honestly think Stacy Coley should be up there as a MUST get after Olsen....if he gets his off field issues straight! One think UM has always had when it was the real UM is a legit, big time, game breaking, #1 WR(Andre, Santana, Wayne...) and he seems to be it!

It's funny to see a defense mechanism at work with numerous people lowering Thomas' importance as a result of his public lack of interest.

To start this recruiting season I had Olsen, Thomas, and Mackensie Alexander as the top 3 must-get freaks in this class. Out of those 3, Mackensie was a luxury, but his freakish ability made it so that he simply couldn't be in a separate tier to me.

Thomas is so important because he is a Miami guy from BTW that we have a real chance with. But, the main reason he is important is because our defense would literally be built around him once he got into the starting line up

Thomas is, IMO, the best prospect in Florida over the last 2 years. He's arguably #2 or #3 over the last 5 years.

There's no doubt he's important. But, whatever happens, happens.

Advertisement
Lu, you have been on the record and consistent with your opinions on both Thomas and Collins. Can you maybe name both an offensive and defensive sleeper type prospect you're high on in the state this year?

Thomas is, IMO, the best prospect in Florida over the last 2 years. He's arguably #2 or #3 over the last 5 years.

Best college prospect or pro prospect?

He's not a better college prospect than Duke, IMO.

It's funny to see a defense mechanism at work with numerous people lowering Thomas' importance as a result of his public lack of interest.

To start this recruiting season I had Olsen, Thomas, and Mackensie Alexander as the top 3 must-get freaks in this class. Out of those 3, Mackensie was a luxury, but his freakish ability made it so that he simply couldn't be in a separate tier to me.

Thomas is so important because he is a Miami guy from BTW that we have a real chance with. But, the main reason he is important is because our defense would literally be built around him once he got into the starting line up

Who's lowering Thomas's importance? We're not allowed to disagree with LuCane? Thomas is hugely important but he's not any more important than several potential franchise types like Collins, Duke, Olsen, etc.

Advertisement
Another thing in our favor is that Penders got hurt and will miss the season for FSU. He will RS and become apart of the 2013 class for all intents and purposes. The separation will not be there now.

Best college prospect or pro prospect?

He's not a better college prospect than Duke, IMO.

I think he's a better college prospect than Duke. I think Thomas is a potentially really special. I picture him the way I remember Lavaar Arrington in college. In the right system, I think he's more valuable than Duke. And, you know I've compared Duke to LT.

I'll reassess at the end of his senior year, but that's where I stand today.

Great analogy.

Advertisement
Lu, you have been on the record and consistent with your opinions on both Thomas and Collins. Can you maybe name both an offensive and defensive sleeper type prospect you're high on in the state this year?

Well, Collins, IMO, is wildly underrated. I've seen him way down there on some lists.

Outside of them, you're gonna have to wait for more to watch, but Tyrell Lyons and Jermaine Grace have caught my eye.

Lu and I are creepin' through yo hood in the Alex Collins bandwagon, speakers bumpin', spinners glistenin', windows tinted to ****.

I had the exact same list lol. Keith Bryant and Denver Kirkland are making their case to be on there though...maybe Collins as well.

Advertisement
Back