Albert Huggins dt recruit

gogeta4

All-ACC
Watched Inside the Huddle this week and this rrecruit was mentioned, kid stated he really wants to hear from um and really wants to get an offer.

Dt recruit out of sc...6, 3 280 looks to be a good recruit with sec offers...someone get it to the coaches asap

Advertisement
2015 South Carolina

Has offers from Clemson, South Carolina, UNC, FSU, UiF, Louisville, Georgia, Bama, and Tennessee

He looks old.
6_870994.png

Says Miami is showing interest.

Top 2 of Clemson and USCe.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Don't mean to play devil's advocate but does he want an offer because he has an interest in us or just want an offer to add the list of offers he already has?

It seems like every cycle there's a highly rated OOS DT who says all the right things about Miami early then plays us in the end.

Not getting my hopes up for one microsecond.

Often they only "want to hear from Miami" so that it will raise their stock among the local colleges that they really want an offer from.

Often they only "want to hear from Miami" so that it will raise their stock among the local colleges that they really want an offer from. Probably isn't hearing from the ***** or Clemson or UNC ..so ....

Advertisement
It seems like every cycle there's a highly rated OOS DT who says all the right things about Miami early then plays us in the end.

Not getting my hopes up for one microsecond.

Fair. But if the wins keep coming, all bets are off

Often they only "want to hear from Miami" so that it will raise their stock among the local colleges that they really want an offer from.
Says he has offers from everybody. Sounds like a 4-5 star type of dude, not sure he is really fishing here. I'm not saying we get him, but I'm saying its worth a phone call to throw our name in the hat.

Unfortunately I don't think he is serious unless UM can move heaven and earth; this kid just wants a UM offer to say he got a one. He is not leaving the state of South Carolina to attend college. Here is a an article he did in July 2013!

http://www.gogamecocks.com/2013/07/31/390785/albert-huggins-on-his-recruitment.html

Albert Huggins on recruiting: 'I'm handling it my way'
Published: July 31, 2013
By Dwayne McLemore — dmclemore@thestate.com

Orangeburg-Wilkinson junior Albert Huggins never imagined he would be a top-ranked football prospect for his class. Now that he is a top target for a number of major colleges, Huggins is enjoying the ride. The 6-foot-4, 279-pound defensive tackle has more than 10 offers, and they are big ones: Alabama, Georgia, Tennessee, Florida, Florida State, South Carolina and Clemson, among others. Huggins is a five-star prospect, according to the 247Composite ranking that factors in all networks. ESPN and 247Composite rank him No. 1 in South Carolina for 2015; the 247Sports network has him No. 2, behind USC defensive end commitment Shameik Blackshear of Bluffton. He took part last weekend in South Carolina's Black Magic showcase camp.

How is the recruiting process going and are you thinking about it at this point?
It has been going great. I've been thinking about it. All the schools are trying their best to get me. Hopefully when it's my time, they can get me.

Have you always been a top prospect?
My ninth grade year, I wasn't all that. My 10th grade year I started to play better. I got stronger. I started to become dedicated to the game. It has all unfolded just this year. It has been a great year.

Have you always played defense?
My eighth, ninth and 10th grade year. My eighth grade year I played offensive tackle. I played defensive end my ninth grade year. Now I'll play defensive end this year and defensive tackle.

And you project as a defensive tackle in college?
I don't really know. I could lose weight. I'll see how it is.

Your Twitter handle is @Im_The_Hulk ... what's the meaning of that?
I bench 370-something and I'm just turning 16, so I'm the Hulk at my school. Everybody calls me Big Bert too.

Talk about the instate schools and what you know and like about them.

Both of them are great programs. The atmosphere, I've been to a USC game and Clemson game. Both have the best fans ever. Even when they are losing they have the best fans ever. I like that. I really do. They have great environments. Clemson is more of a godly school, but USC has some of the best features just as Clemson does.

And you haven't named favorites, have you?
I try to keep an open mind about all the recruiting process and let everybody try to win me over so I can give everybody a chance.
(here is trying to damage control for the previous statement showing which way he is leaning)

How do you balance being a big recruit with being a normal high school teenager?
You've got to stay humble. If you don't stay humble it will eat you up.

Talk about your relationship with Shameik Blackshear (who has already committed to USC).
We've become great friends. We talk every now and then. I try to talk to him as much as possible to keep up with his process and he can keep up with my process and try to update everything. I try to update everything, ask about his offers and he asks me about my offers. We talk about school and how great it feels to be No. 1 and No. 2 in the state.

How does it feel to be No. 1 and 2?
It feels great to know that you're No. 1 or No. 2 out of everybody in south Carolina. It's a blessing.

Are you surprised that Blackshear committed already?
I was very surprised. I talked to him that night actually and he was like, 'It's the best fit for me.' God has a plan for everybody. Hopefully he made the right decision and put it in God's hands, and everything will work out.

Are you OK with Shameik recruiting you for the next two years?
It doesn't matter to me. It really doesn't. He's a great kid. He has a great mind. His attitude toward everything is great. He is a humble kid. I back his decision 100 percent that he committed to USC.

He is one of more than 60 rising juniors that have already committed to a college. Is there any pressure on you to commit early?
I'm handling it my way. I'm Albert Huggins and nobody else. Nobody else

Last edited:
Advertisement
Here is another article where is taking about building a relationship with USCe coaches, as they should recruit SC's top prospects the way UM recruits S. FLA.

Catching Up with Albert Huggins
http://www.elevenwarriors.com/2013/08/24355/catching-up-with-albert-huggins

[video=youtube_share;_uon8P9XfIk]http://youtu.be/_uon8P9XfIk[/video]
[video=youtube;ibExkcjY72E]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibExkcjY72E[/video]

Last edited:
I can understand us going after the "hidden gems" ...but I doubt they waste time and effort fighting uphill. I'm sure that Al & Co. can and will find an eager kid who will be genuinely happy to get a Miami offer.

Advertisement
Back