Alabama Recruiting?

Canesrule230

Recruit
Premium
Maybe this is a dumb question but is there a reason bama has a small class right now? I get that its early in this cycle but I would think they'd be more active...

Advertisement
Because we took all the SFLA talent?

Yep, we've landed key targets from them like Pope, Jobe, Hall and Lingard plus they've lost battles some battles to OSU, LSU and Clemson so far. They will still land a good class, but I am willing to bet they won't be in the top 5.

Haven't they've had the top class for close to 10 years now? If they don't get a top 5 class come feb I'd say that's a pretty good indicator of a changing of the guard.

I said it a year ago. Mark Richt to Miami ='d the end of Bama. They'll still be good but their reign is over.

Advertisement
Anyone who really thinks Bama is struggling in Recruiting is crazy. The bags over there are still strong af!

Not going to see much from Bama until the start/end of the season. They round up their commits late like FSU.

I think they are taking a smaller class around 20 so that may lead to them not finishing #1 . Should be a battle between us maybe and OSU. I think a lot depends on our season.

Advertisement
I hate them as much as anyone... but it is just a slow start. They are Bullies and will take others lunch money. But the Pastor will stand up and bring us back

Some new coaches at Bama taking some time to try to build relationships with recruits. Bama will do what Bama do by the end of the cycle.

Advertisement
Bama has always depended on recruiting from a national perspective. Of course Nick Saban had a lot to do with them emerging to the top of the recruiting world. However, with key figures now being the head coach in fertile recruiting cities/states, Bama will no longer just live at the top. Herman to Texas, Peterson to Washington, USC resurfacing, Meyer to OSU, Franklin to Penn State, and of course Richt to Miami, are all factors that is and will continue to sink Alabama's ship.

Of course, Alabama will get some great recruits to come to that ***** *** school. However, with the state's of California, Texas, Ohio, and most importantly, the State of Miami being on lock, I have two words for Nick Saban........Boy Bye!!!

Advertisement
They do this almost every year. They're recruiting will pick up closer to early signing period

Some new coaches at Bama taking some time to try to build relationships with recruits. Bama will do what Bama do by the end of the cycle.

This is it. They lost many of their bag men, such as Mario to Oregon (who is now top ten), Abdul-Rahim to Maryland (who had their best ever class), etc. It is still Alabama though, and the 2018 car models are about to arrive.

Advertisement
Back