Alabama Recruiting?

Could be with the new rule they can't over sign like they always do so maybe they are being more selective.

Advertisement
Yeah I could be wrong but I thought they put a hard cap on the number of kids that you could sign. Before I think you could over sign as long as you were under the limit before the season.

Our 2018 class will be highly dependent on our 2017 results. Lose 3 games or more and you can double or triple that number of loses to = de-commits.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Advertisement
Our 2018 class will be highly dependent on our 2017 results. Lose 3 games or more and you can double or triple that number of loses to = de-commits.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

You are hoping for that ain't you? Foh...

Lots of good points already made. I'll add a couple more...Clemson beating them signaled the change. The SEC as a whole isn't the best conference anymore. Satan is getting old and looks even older.
Once Bama finishes out of the top 5 I'm not sure they'll be able to get in the top 3 again.

Some new coaches at Bama taking some time to try to build relationships with recruits. Bama will do what Bama do by the end of the cycle.

This is it. They lost many of their bag men, such as Mario to Oregon (who is now top ten), Abdul-Rahim to Maryland (who had their best ever class), etc. It is still Alabama though, and the 2018 car models are about to arrive.

That's what I am thinking, they are just waiting for the new models to show up so the kids can pick theirs.

They've got a lot of new staff and it takes some time for recruits to get to know the guy who'll be responsible for their bags being dropped off on time and to the proper person.

They gonna be just fine.

Advertisement
If I'm a high school recruit I would at least start to question if Saban would still be there by the time I get a starting role on that team. He's 66 right now. Will he coach past 70? A Paterno or Bowden situation is possible - but a rarity.

Haven't they've had the top class for close to 10 years now? If they don't get a top 5 class come feb I'd say that's a pretty good indicator of a changing of the guard.

Or it just means they had one down year in recruiting.

If I'm a high school recruit I would at least start to question if Saban would still be there by the time I get a starting role on that team. He's 66 right now. Will he coach past 70? A Paterno or Bowden situation is possible - but a rarity.

I see maybe 4 more years... then what are they going to do!

Lots of good points already made. I'll add a couple more...Clemson beating them signaled the change. The SEC as a whole isn't the best conference anymore. Satan is getting old and looks even older.
Once Bama finishes out of the top 5 I'm not sure they'll be able to get in the top 3 again.

I wish I had a nickel for every time someone said a change is coming. People say it every season and every off season. I'll believe in a Bama downfall when I stop seeing them winning ships every other year.

Advertisement
Advertisement

I wish I had a nickel for every time someone said a change is coming. People say it every season and every off season. I'll believe in a Bama downfall when I stop seeing them winning ships every other year.

So says CRIMSON cane lmao. This time last year Bama had 16 commits. The year before 9. The year before that 14 (18 at the end of July.) Right now they only have 6. Bama normally has most of there class locked up by now. Bama is having a hard time recruiting this year. There is no doubt about it.

They need to kick a few more kids off the team like they do every year so they can sign 28 and win the recruiting rankings. Bunch of jittery 4 stars currently living out of suitcases up there right now waiting for the "coach wants to see you bring your playbook" text from one of Baga's 467 support staffers.

"Can I keep the rims, Coach?" will be asked quite a bit in the coming months.

Because we took all the SFLA talent?

Yep, we've landed key targets from them like Pope, Jobe, Hall and Lingard plus they've lost battles some battles to OSU, LSU and Clemson so far. They will still land a good class, but I am willing to bet they won't be in the top 5.

Exactly how much would you be willing to bet?

I'll take some of that action.

Advertisement
Back