Alabama offered Khairi Clark

"If we just picked Alabama and LSU players we'd be ****ing unstoppable."

That was Mike Lombardi, this year, right before he drafted Mingo. The sentiment in the league is that they are clearly the best players, despite the fact that most of them don't work out.
No wonder he got fired years ago. LSU players on offense don't pan out much and Bama players rarely pan out on defense

It's the mindset though. They won't stop picking these guys anytime soon.

Advertisement
Duval I have been saying this for years, great college players but in the league they bust except for Julio Jones

Don't forget Richardson
that bowlegged midget will bust too

dude averaged like 3.8 ypc

lmao

Lol, yo it ain't like he had a great oline or receivers to help (except for Benjamin)

due to the fact that he walks like my grandpappy, i can conclude he will bust

and look at doug martin? dude's OL isn't all that great and his QB stinks too.

but cleveland has the best LT in the L

It's funny to me that Sam Shields doesn't do **** at Miami (thanks Randy) but now is a really solid corner in the league while guys that tear up the college game at Bama don't do **** at the next level. I guess a pay cut and real steroid testing has it's effects.

That was Mike Lombardi, this year, right before he drafted Mingo. The sentiment in the league is that they are clearly the best players, despite the fact that most of them don't work out.
No wonder he got fired years ago. LSU players on offense don't pan out much and Bama players rarely pan out on defense

Then every top USC qb should be a 1st round pick since that at least was the mindset. I'm saying that when you see this trend you have to think do they bust out early? Is the oline that good that every running back looks much better then they really are? Why do the defensive prospects play so smart in college but then get brought back to earth so fast in the pros?

Advertisement
Duval I have been saying this for years, great college players but in the league they bust except for Julio Jones

Don't forget Richardson

lmao

Lol, yo it ain't like he had a great oline or receivers to help (except for Benjamin)

I feel you, but a bust? I don't think that. Now Mark Ingram is a BUST and that type of bust is in a category of its own and he has Drew Brees and that monster offense

Don't forget Richardson

lmao

I feel you, but a bust? I don't think that. Now Mark Ingram is a BUST and that type of bust is in a category of its own and he has Drew Brees and that monster offense

ingram is a no neck ******

I'm saying their guys have been busting for years, and yet Alabama and LSU combined for how many first rounders this year? How many last year? I am not defending Lombardi, I am telling you why these teams blowing up the first round every year is probably not going away unless they hire Larry Coker as their coach some time soon.

Advertisement

Then every top USC qb should be a 1st round pick since that at least was the mindset. I'm saying that when you see this trend you have to think do they bust out early? Is the oline that good that every running back looks much better then they really are? Why do the defensive prospects play so smart in college but then get brought back to earth so fast in the pros?

Uh, they were. It wasn't until after Palmer, Leinart and Sanchez sucked it up for about a 10 year span that the NFL took notice. Case in point, where was Barkley drafted this year?

Uh, they were. It wasn't until after Palmer, Leinart and Sanchez sucked it up for about a 10 year span that the NFL took notice. Case in point, where was Barkley drafted this year?

No, my point was that they were always highly ranked because of USC and everybody sucked so that should be a clue of what perception from college to the pros should be. Plus, Barkley has no arm at all

Advertisement
133329.gif

Advertisement
I always felt the longer he waited, the tougher it will be for us to land him. Just like with Bostwick last year.

Advertisement
Back