Alabama depth chart

Advertisement
Advertisement
When you are as deep as they are with 4 and 5 stars you can have these kind of depth charts. Ours is mostly 2 deep because we don't have the kind of depth they have at most positions.
I went back to last year's and they did the same thing. I think it's more of a recruiting ploy because alot of those guys didn't even play but they still listed them on the "depth chart". Even deep teams don't usually post half the team in a depth chart

Advertisement
I think our best shot might be beating them over the top. Their front 7 is super impressive (especially the LB's) but there's nothing that scares me about their secondary. They've been prone to giving up some big plays in the past. If I'm Lashlee, I test them deep early. I'm not talking 50+ yard bombs either. Get Mallory out over the middle of the field 25-30 yards downfield. Throw a couple bombs to Keyshawn and Harley early.
Bama plays a lot of press, man to man. It's hard to make a living over the top. It takes time.

And methinks our dbs are going to be a lot more impressive in person.

Their offense doesn’t give me the creeps as much. That defense though.…………………………….. Dayum!

Their offense doesn’t give me the creeps as much. That defense though.…………………………….. Dayum!

Then that's a good matchup, no? Because our offense returns everyone and is poised to have a breakout year. So strength against strength.

You know they're going to load the box and make us throw. The matchups I like are Mallory against anyone and 4/5 wide sets where we attack their DBs. Should give King some running room as well.

Advertisement
Smh. As the game gets closer, there will be the "Tale of Two fanbases". One side of the fanbase will get the big head and have unrealistic expectations of us winning this game with silly talk about Manny being on the Hot Seat if we lose and how he isnt ready for big time football.. and the other half will pray that half the team catches Covid somehow and we can get out of even showing up out of fear of what might happen as the SEC hype train starts to take off around Thursday/Friday! Smh.

that's all well and good. but the reality is this: Alabama wins. and probably by at least 2 TD's

there is no realistic scenario by which the 'Canes win, unless Alabama throws 3 INT's and fumbles twice. if they literally give the game away, sure. but ask yourself this: other than our punter, and MAYBE Will Mallory, is there a single player starting for UM on Saturday that would start for Alabama? ..... no, didn't think so.

But I really hope I'm wrong.

that's all well and good. but the reality is this: Alabama wins. and probably by at least 2 TD's

there is no realistic scenario by which the 'Canes win, unless Alabama throws 3 INT's and fumbles twice. if they literally give the game away, sure. but ask yourself this: other than our punter, and MAYBE Will Mallory, is there a single player starting for UM on Saturday that would start for Alabama? ..... no, didn't think so.

But I really hope I'm wrong.
In my opinion Bubba bolden would start opposite of Battle at Safety, Stevenson would start, Mallory as you said, Harley in place of slade bolden (IMO our top 4 wideouts in Harley, Rambo, Restrepo and smith are nearly = to their top 4) but I get what you’re saying. But having our top 10 players be: King, Stevenson, B bolden, W Mallory, N Donaldson, Keontra Smith, Nesta, JHH, M Harley and C Rambo is a SOLID top 10 who will all give Bama all they can handle (can even throw in Harris, Chaney, Rivers, Nelson, Frierson, D Johnson, Scaife or Frierson ) I expect these 18 players to be the guys that IF they live up to their billing (I.E camp reports) we got a punchers chance

Advertisement
I think our best shot might be beating them over the top. Their front 7 is super impressive (especially the LB's) but there's nothing that scares me about their secondary. They've been prone to giving up some big plays in the past. If I'm Lashlee, I test them deep early. I'm not talking 50+ yard bombs either. Get Mallory out over the middle of the field 25-30 yards downfield. Throw a couple bombs to Keyshawn and Harley early.

Bama is going to come out stacking the box. If our OL can buy King some time to find open guys downfield (and they can actually make the **** catch), I think that changes their whole gameplan.

Based on the two games in which the Bama defense let the opposing offense show out (gators and ole miss), the only things that proved to be consistent is that they don’t handle solid Tight Ends too well, or catch passing RBs. Also helped that the offenses Bama faced had solid OLs and somewhat mobile to very mobile QBs. (Ole Miss also benefited from a lot of misdirections)

Point here is… I think you’re right when it comes to getting Mallory involved, but Bama didn’t really get beat over top a lot by WRs, also their corners are extremely physical. Our receivers tend to be very soft/don’t fight for the ball, so I don’t see a lot of calls being called our way with that being the case. But if your point is attacking their “weakest” point (lol)… I guess point taken that we should be attacking their secondary.

Assuming their defensive scheming stays the same, (to your point) TEs have to be a focal point, and getting the RBs involved in the passing game will be crucial (in my opinion). Hoping the OL has improved to the point where there is some semblance of a running game… but honestly I’m not expecting much in that aspect of the offense for this game.

I think Miami will be able to move the ball when it’s all said and done, just don’t have the confidence that our WRs will be able to make plays (I hope I’m dead wrong), but honestly if this is about winning… The defense is the key. They have to be physical, fast, disciplined, and make stops. I think that’s how Miami wins. Defense…

Bama plays a lot of press, man to man. It's hard to make a living over the top. It takes time.

And methinks our dbs are going to be a lot more impressive in person.
Jobe was really good in man last year but he did get called for double digit pass interference penalties. Davis hasn't played really so we'll see. Definitely worth testing him. I'm also testing the two inside linebackers. As good as they are they gave up some yards in man coverage. I think Harris gave up 539 yards and 3 tds last year which is 2.5 times more than jobe gave up. Sounds good in theory let's see how it works in practice

Advertisement
Back