Alabama depth chart

Midlo Cane Fan

No more Midlo

Defensive line​

DE -- Justin Eboigbe / Phil Mathis / Jamil Burroughs
NG -- DJ Dale / Tim Smith / Stephon Wynn Jr.
DE -- Phil Mathis / Byron Young / LaBryan Ray / Jah-Marien Latham

Outside linebacker​

SAM -- Christopher Allen / Drew Sanders
JACK -- Will Anderson / Chris Braswell / Dallas Turner

Inside linebacker​

MIKE -- Henry To’o To’o / Jaylen Moody / Shane Lee
WILL -- Christian Harris / Jaylen Moody / Deontae Lawson

Cornerback / Star​

CB -- Josh Jobe / Marcus Banks / Khyree Jackson
CB -- Jalyn Armour-Davis / Kool-Aid McKinstry / Khyree Jackson
STAR -- Malachi Moore / Brian Branch

Safety​

FS -- DeMarcco Hellams / Brian Branch / Kristian Story
SS -- Jordan Battle / Daniel Wright

Offensive line​

LT -- Evan Neal / Amari Kight
LG -- Javion Cohen / Tommy Brown
C -- Chris Owens / Darrian Dalcourt
RG -- Emil Ekiyor / Jaeden Roberts / Terrence Ferguson II
RT -- Kendall Randolph / JC Latham / Damieon Geroge Jr.

Tight end​

TE -- Cameron Latu / Major Tennison / Jahleel Billingsley

Quarterback​

QB -- Bryce Young / Paul Tyson / Jalen Milroe

Running back​

RB -- Brian Robinson / Jase McClellan / Trey Sanders / Roydell Williams

Wide receiver​

WR (Z) -- Jameson Williams / Traeshon Holden / Ja'Corey Brooks
WR (X) -- John Metchie III / Agiye Hall / Javon Baker
WR (H) -- Slade Bolden / JoJo Earle / Thaiu Jones-Bell / Christian Leary

Advertisement
I'd feel better about this without a transfer like Jameson Williams stepping into a big role. Our DBs are fine but not exactly known for straight line speed like Williams and Metchie.

Advertisement
If you guys are bored… the two guys are pretty low key and matter of fact discussing Bama

nothing earth shattering, but across the board they are gonna have a lot of new guys in starting rolls, including ST.

supposedly Saban has been disappointed with both TEs in camp. They also lost some DB depth with guys transferring out

I'd feel better about this without a transfer like Jameson Williams stepping into a big role. Our DBs are fine but not exactly known for straight line speed like Williams and Metchie.
They also have to watch out for Earle. He's in similar mold to Waddle.

Advertisement
Advertisement
The 3 up front are grown men. Eboigbe and Dale are true juniors, both over 285, and Mathis is probably 315 and a redshirt senior. As solid as these kids are, I don't think any of them are on the radar for Day 1 or 2 picks right now, although of course that can change. So while they're going to challenge the **** out of our OL, I don't see any A'Shawn Robinson, Daron Payne type kids right now. But they're big, they're old, and they're going to be really hard to move. They might not be the most explosive DL athletes Saban has ever had, but they're space eaters and run stuffers for sure. If we can get push against these kids, we can run on anyone this year. Having Vaughn back is HUGE for holding up against these kids inside. Let's hope Rivers is ready as well.

The backers are where they're going to make their money this year. Christopher Allen could have easily left last year and probably been a Day 2 pick. He came back to try to get into the first round. So this is a kid we're going against who could easily be on an NFL team right now. Will Anderson was a freshman All-American last year, and will be a very high pick in 2023. Top 100 recruit (shocker) and a flat out stud. Christian Harris is a 3rd year player, 2nd leading tackler on the team last year, and will certainly garner first-round attention next year. And then To'o To'o was one of the best defensive players in the SEC at Tennessee.

All in all, this is one of the better front 7's that Saban has had. I think the DL is just pretty good (again, Alabama standards. It's still one of the best in the country), but the backers have a chance to be just obscene. All of them could be high NFL picks. This is going to be a **** of a challenge, as we all know.

Advertisement
Just watched the highlights for Williams. I didn't walk away impressed by them. 9 for 154 with 2 TDs. 1 TD was a blown coverage vs Rutgers. 2TD was vs Clemson on a post against a CB on an island. The rest were almost all 10-yard catches with limited YAC.

Advertisement
Back