Alabama depth chart

When you are as deep as they are with 4 and 5 stars you can have these kind of depth charts. Ours is mostly 2 deep because we don't have the kind of depth they have at most positions.

Why you guys go out of your way to make everything about Bama being more talented than Miami? Newsflash they have more talent than every team not named Georgia. Their choice to include 3rd string players on their depth chart doesn't mean anything.

LT by all reports has been a beast and is going to get a lot of snaps and Miami left him off the depth chart because he is not in the two deep. Same for some of our wideouts who expect to get some burn. Bama's "2 deep" is more of a who should get snaps but our lack of an extended 2 deep isn't an indictment on our overall depth. Just our choice to provide a depth chart reflecting the actual starters and back ups and nothing more.

Advertisement
Jobe was really good in man last year but he did get called for double digit pass interference penalties. Davis hasn't played really so we'll see. Definitely worth testing him. I'm also testing the two inside linebackers. As good as they are they gave up some yards in man coverage. I think Harris gave up 539 yards and 3 tds last year which is 2.5 times more than jobe gave up. Sounds good in theory let's see how it works in practice
Being handsy in press, is what it is. Getting called for PI isn't that big of a deal around here, as far as giving up points. Getting 3 and outs is. Bama is aggressive with their defensive techniques and these guys like Jobe, even at corner, are very physical players, even against the run. That's what coach Saban has always taught.

Giving up yards is just a part of college football. Giving up points is the measure of today's better defenses. The one constant I do see with the past is that great defenses still find ways to get off the field.

Meh Kinda GIF by Cultura

drag race no GIF by Robert E Blackmon

that's all well and good. but the reality is this: Alabama wins. and probably by at least 2 TD's

there is no realistic scenario by which the 'Canes win, unless Alabama throws 3 INT's and fumbles twice. if they literally give the game away, sure. but ask yourself this: other than our punter, and MAYBE Will Mallory, is there a single player starting for UM on Saturday that would start for Alabama? ..... no, didn't think so.

But I really hope I'm wrong.
I don't disagree that it's extremely unlikely that we win the game. It's also very unlikely that we stay within a couple of TDs. That said, your assessment about who would or wouldn't start on their team is probably inaccurate. Mallory and Hedley would definitely start. I think King would also start over Young. Zion would likely start somewhere on that OL, probably at RT. Bolden might start at Safety as well.

I think our best shot might be beating them over the top. Their front 7 is super impressive (especially the LB's) but there's nothing that scares me about their secondary. They've been prone to giving up some big plays in the past. If I'm Lashlee, I test them deep early. I'm not talking 50+ yard bombs either. Get Mallory out over the middle of the field 25-30 yards downfield. Throw a couple bombs to Keyshawn and Harley early.

Bama is going to come out stacking the box. If our OL can buy King some time to find open guys downfield (and they can actually make the **** catch), I think that changes their whole gameplan.
"If our OL can buy King some time to find open guys downfield "

Thats the big question...can we do that?
IF we can we have a chance. We should know early in the game.

Advertisement
Why you guys go out of your way to make everything about Bama being more talented than Miami? Newsflash they have more talent than every team not named Georgia. Their choice to include 3rd string players on their depth chart doesn't mean anything.

LT by all reports has been a beast and is going to get a lot of snaps and Miami left him off the depth chart because he is not in the two deep. Same for some of our wideouts who expect to get some burn. Bama's "2 deep" is more of a who should get snaps but our lack of an extended 2 deep isn't an indictment on our overall depth. Just our choice to provide a depth chart reflecting the actual starters and back ups and nothing more.
not exactly "going out of my way". when I was just responding to a depth chart question regarding Bama and just stating what seemed to me to be the obvious. They are deeper than us in some areas. Still want us to kick the cr@p out of them but that doesn't change facts.

that's all well and good. but the reality is this: Alabama wins. and probably by at least 2 TD's

there is no realistic scenario by which the 'Canes win, unless Alabama throws 3 INT's and fumbles twice. if they literally give the game away, sure. but ask yourself this: other than our punter, and MAYBE Will Mallory, is there a single player starting for UM on Saturday that would start for Alabama? ..... no, didn't think so.

But I really hope I'm wrong.

How many games are lost by the more talented team every single Saturday? It's not like Bama is playing FAMU. Most of our guys are able to go toe-to-toe with Bama kids, and a handful would be starters there. Lashlee and Diaz have had the whole off season to game plan and get the team mentally prepared, and we have our most experienced team in the history of the program. It's up to the coaches and the leaders on the team to find a way to win.

Until I see king show up against a top program I’m not going to sit here and believe he’s going to pick apart their defense

Advertisement
How many games are lost by the more talented team every single Saturday? It's not like Bama is playing FAMU. Most of our guys are able to go toe-to-toe with Bama kids, and a handful would be starters there. Lashlee and Diaz have had the whole off season to game plan and get the team mentally prepared, and we have our most experienced team in the history of the program. It's up to the coaches and the leaders on the team to find a way to win.
That's the greatness of coach Saban, his teams play up to competition and seldom play down to underdogs. It's the consistency that separates good coaches from great ones.

**** that boy Braylen Ingraham looking like he may never see the field at this point.

This is funny but it speaks to the history of poor evaluations in recruiting. We wanted this kid badly and now he can't crack the 2 deep at Bama. (Same with Lingard).

That's the greatness of coach Saban, his teams play up to competition and seldom play down to underdogs. It's the consistency that separates good coaches from great ones.

Everyone is aware of that. But he can't control every variable. The guy had Dan Enos as his OC heir apparent so we know he's fallible. It's up to us to find the weaknesses and exploit them. Mark Richt (and Diaz) absolutely destroyed Notre Dame with Malik Rozier at QB.

Advertisement
This is funny but it speaks to the history of poor evaluations in recruiting. We wanted this kid badly and now he can't crack the 2 deep at Bama. (Same with Lingard).
That's kinda what LSU fans were saying about Phil Mathis.
Everyone is aware of that. But he can't control every variable. The guy had Dan Enos as his OC heir apparent so we know he's fallible. It's up to us to find the weaknesses and exploit them. Mark Richt (and Diaz) absolutely destroyed Notre Dame with Malik Rozier at QB.
He really doesn't have to. He can control effort and has Bama playing at a high level every week. This Bama program has been number 1 sometime during the season for 14 straight years. I believe Miami is next with 7. That's consistency.

Advertisement
Back