Alabama’s 2021 recruiting class... the best class of all time?

Advertisement
Advertisement
Where do you see me slurping Bama in this thread? Regardless that last line doesn’t apply to teams like Bama going against a Manny Diaz coached team.

Half their recruiting class would start right now at Miami and most of those players will be redshirted or special teams for Bama.

You couldn't make it two sentences without throwing shade at UM. At least you're consistent.

Advertisement
At the end of the day the only thing that can slow down Bama is the NCAA and we know that’s not going to happen.

Saban makes them too much money so they look the other way.

I don't even know how you compete with them. Just going to have to wait until Saban retires and they hire a Larry Coker
Waiting for your competitor to quit or fail seems like a bad strategy. Particularly because thry’re unlikely to hire someone as uniquely awful as a HC as Coker was.

How about we quit hiring Cokers, and focus on what we can control?

Advertisement
All I know is that despite the long shot we will have a lot of people rooting for us next game due to the fact that people are getting sick of it.

So its kind of odd that the team that has been hated for so long by so many fan bases is going to be getting low key cheered on by those same fan bases.

“The enemy of my enemy is my friend”

I saw a headline scrolling through my newsfeed on IG that said that then I looked...

According to 247

(26 total)

5 star commits - 7

4 star commits - 15

3 star commits - 4
According to Consolidates Sports, next year's class:

(26 total)
10 star recruits: 2
9 star recruits: 3
8 star recruits: 1
7 star recruits: 3
6 star recruits: 3
5 star recruits: 9
4 star recruits: 5

So they are allowed to take 27 letters of intent? Thought there was a hard cap. I know Bama plays by different rules but i don’t understand this. Most of you are smarter then i am with this stuff

Advertisement
I saw a headline scrolling through my newsfeed on IG that said that then I looked...

According to 247

(26 total)

5 star commits - 7

4 star commits - 15

3 star commits - 4
I'm tried of seeing alabama dominate every year. We need a new face among the elite teams. It's the same ones ever year, Alabama, Clemson and Ohio State

It's def an all-time class on paper and Bama has a good evaluation track record. In a few years, I would be curious to see if national evaluations and rankings were messed up by COVID.
Keep in mind the difference between Type I and Type II errors. Covid may have hidden some gems who would have been discovered. There's no particular reason to think it made Alabama's evaluation ability worse on the kids they evaluated. So while the national rankings may be less accurate than normal this cycle, I wouldn't expect Alabama's evaluations to be worse than normal. Also, they didn't take any West Coast kids, e.g. (Someone above mentioned CA kids didn't play this year.) They took their usual AL, FL, TX, MS, LA kids with a few other East coast kids mixed in. As long as they had film on their kids, I'd assume they evaluated reasonably well, because they are good at it.

Advertisement
Keep in mind the difference between Type I and Type II errors. Covid may have hidden some gems who would have been discovered. There's no particular reason to think it made Alabama's evaluation ability worse on the kids they evaluated. So while the national rankings may be less accurate than normal this cycle, I wouldn't expect Alabama's evaluations to be worse than normal. Also, they didn't take any West Coast kids, e.g. (Someone above mentioned CA kids didn't play this year.) They took their usual AL, FL, TX, MS, LA kids with a few other East coast kids mixed in. As long as they had film on their kids, I'd assume they evaluated reasonably well, because they are good at it.
I dont disagree, they will get great players. I am just not sure if Alabama truly has the greatest class ever. For example, Alabama has 7 5 stars in this class. Let's say that 3 of those players are actually high 4 stars. A couple of potential 5 stars from CA or wherever didn't get a chance to jump in the rankings due to lack of exposure. Alabama goes from the greatest class ever to a top 5 class all time. It's mostly an academic point, but I'm curious to see how things will shake out.

Advertisement
Back