Alabama’s 2021 recruiting class... the best class of all time?

Advertisement
It isn't hard to do what Bama does

Offer every 5 star & 4 star in the country then drop bags on the ones you want. The tricky part that no one else can get away with is that the NCAA literally turns a blind eye to everything Bama does. Every other school gets recruiting violations up the *** when they try to copy the Saban formula.

Advertisement
I dont disagree, they will get great players. I am just not sure if Alabama truly has the greatest class ever. For example, Alabama has 7 5 stars in this class. Let's say that 3 of those players are actually high 4 stars. A couple of potential 5 stars from CA or wherever didn't get a chance to jump in the rankings due to lack of exposure. Alabama goes from the greatest class ever to a top 5 class all time. It's mostly an academic point, but I'm curious to see how things will shake out.
If you're going by 'rankings,' then they do or they don't based on the rankings.

If you're going by actual real talent, I guess time will tell.

I think the rankings are the point since the people who say this have no idea about underlying talent for the most part.

If you're going by 'rankings,' then they do or they don't based on the rankings.

If you're going by actual real talent, I guess time will tell.

I think the rankings are the point since the people who say this have no idea about underlying talent for the most part.

I think we are making different points. I am not trying to say that rankings are inherently bad. I usually think the rankings are pretty consistent. During covid, the validity of the rankings is much more questionable than usual, since it was much harder to do proper evaluations this year. I was responding to the thread title more than anything.

So they are allowed to take 27 letters of intent? Thought there was a hard cap. I know Bama plays by different rules but i don’t understand this. Most of you are smarter then i am with this stuff
Alabama is exempt from rules. Enhanced recruiting is not only allowed, but encouraged. Crimson Tide however is limited to 385 scholarships.

Fu*k Bama!! That is all carry on!
Post of the day , awesome mindset THAT’S how WE did it , that’s how we won.

When our Cane organization and nation gets this BACK .

WE’LL BE HATED AGAIN, OH WHAT A FEELING IT WILL BE 🙌

SAPP basically said those words at the coin flip to Sooners on national TV.

SO GLAD TO READ THIS TO START MY DAY.

I’M HEAD BUT READY NOW

GOCANES

Advertisement
Post of the day , awesome mindset THAT’S how WE did it , that’s how we won.

When our Cane organization and nation gets this BACK .

WE’LL BE HATED AGAIN, OH WHAT A FEELING IT WILL BE 🙌

SAPP basically said those words at the coin flip to Sooners on national TV.

SO GLAD TO READ THIS TO START MY DAY.

I’M HEAD BUT READY NOW

GOCANES
Sapp?

*** bakkka and the sec period. All they did was steal our blue print on how championship teams are built. For the last 20yrs One we've failed to hire a competent HC, two evaluate talent (either non offers or bad evals), and three not develop the talent that we do get effectively. We fix those things, bakkka & the rest of sec, can buy all the players they want and we still will return to the big boy table. Hopefully this year's staff will address those things.

When people tell me they don't follow college football because its exploitative for a billion dollar business not to pay its athletes, I always say, "That's not true. Look at Alabama. Nearly all those young men are getting paid."

Advertisement
It isn't hard to do what Bama does

Offer every 5 star & 4 star in the country then drop bags on the ones you want. The tricky part that no one else can get away with is that the NCAA literally turns a blind eye to everything Bama does. Every other school gets recruiting violations up the *** when they try to copy the Saban formula.
If it weren’t hard, other programs would have accomplished what they have.

you’re just totally mistaken. Plenty of other programs drop bags. they don’t get Alabama results. Because it is hard.

Advertisement
Back