Al golden WQAM....

Advertisement
So which one is it??? Did Juwon Young have a bad spring or did he have a good spring? Too many generic answers.

“Never discourage anyone...who continually makes progress, no matter how slow.”

― Plato

That's all I got.

Folks can say what they want especially about the past, this team will be better this year. Will we be in the Championship game, probably not, but we have a better chance this year then anytime in the past decade. We have EXPERIENCED top end talent all over the field!!! You can hear it in the guys voice, the excitement.

Advertisement
The talent is here.... With Olsen or whoever

Coastal (at the minimum) or bust

We have been saying this for a decade.

we aint beating FSU next year so the ACCCG win is just a pipe dream

give me the coastal and at least show improvement in a terrible couple of years performance on D and coley showing improvement and ill be happy

FSU in 2002 was not great ended up with 5 losses...we were 1 at home...and they came to play and **** near beat us..it took some heroic **** to beat them....never say never in CFB...

So they're prioritizing their backyard last when it comes to recruiting? Oh. Yeah no way that backfires.

I'd advise to actually listen to the interview before you criticize. There's a very good reason.

Can you just fill me in on the context then? I have no interest in listening to Golden regurgitate his binder based pillar platitudes and borrowed boardroom buzzwords. "We're trying to leverage our time of position against defensive synergy. We're using big data to locate the best players on our roster." Etc.

Advertisement
Some more contextual details from the interview:

- Kevin Olsen: we have to improve - 1-on-1 and 7-on-7s include all of the "contents" (his word - I assume he's talking about route combinations) and the scrimmage was basically run, playaction, move the pocket - not as many drop-backs. 7-on-7 is "move the field" - 1st, 2nd, 3rd down, all concepts. Olsen did well in that phase. Needs to improve on the other part (referring to the actual scrimmage.) He and Crow both know they need to improve. Biggest positive for Olsen was that he managed the game well. First time in that setting and had good "line of scrimmage operation." Understands that he doesn't have to do too much.

- Running Backs: Gus and Tucker run hard. Gus is a tailback, Tucker fullback by nature but explosive. Had opportunity to move Dallas back to safety with Duke, Yearby, Gus, and Tucker at running back.

- Incoming QBs - competition at LB, S, WR has made everyone better - same with Kaaya and Rosier - will improve the whole team.

- Talked about emergence of LBs - Grace, Juwon Young, Owens, Kirby, etc. - going to make us better. Talked specifically about Blue and Grace growing up and helping the team.

- Olsen Pierre/DL - looked at last year's spring game as well as this year's. Mental errors way down from last year to this. Chickillo, Pierre, Kamalu all active and allowing big hits.

- OL - KC and Darling made great progress - spring entry really helps OL to transform their bodies. Going to need the young guys to stay healthy and step up. Likes the 5 they've played with all spring, going to find 7,8,9, and 10 going forward.

- Not in many formations at the spring game (bland 2-back) - not how they were all spring. Gameplan was minimal. Watched Olsen in other scrimmages and throughout spring - watching him handle motions, checks, "gimmicks"/special plays and he handled them well. 1-on-1s are all part of a play (routes) - might not see them in scrimmage - held them out to stay bland.

- Really impressed with small group of young guys - Carter, Elder, Dobard, Coley, Burns - lots of extra work on the side.

- Disappointed in 1 of 15 practices all spring.

- Need to take care of grades in the next 3 week - stay focused and convert into summer program. "Knucklehead factor" (Joe's term) - nobody is immune to it in education, community. Must create a culture where guys don't want to disappoint. Need leaders who aren't afraid of conflict. Guys go to class in order to exceed the standard and not let their teammates down.

- Majority of team by Summer I (May 12/13)

- Recruiting - By the middle of the day today, staff will be on the road. Deploy out of state and nationally first because spring ball hasn't started down here yet (so there you go.) Will hit entire state of Florida in the last 3 weeks (of summer I assume.)

- Golden takes all player evals from spring and goes 1-by-1 - will meet individually with all players along with strength staff and set goals and standards for summer.

- Alumni events in Jax, Orlando, LA, NYC.

This ************ is so obsessed with weight. He's worse than a stage mom. Let these kids ball, who gives a **** if their 217 or 224. **** man, this guy needs to get out of south florida yesterday. He's so ****ing clueless about these ball players down here. If he had another year with Spence he'd have him up to 250.

He needs to go to clinics by coaches from Stanford mich st and the like who coach to the strengths of the team on hand

Not continue to blame players for being square pegs in their circle scheme

Do you crazies make this crap up yourself, or do you have meetings to join in together?

Not once in any interview in 3 1/2 years has Golden blamed a player for anything.
The guy takes blame for everything, including the stupidity of guys like Ray Ray, and Vaughn Telemaque's single digit football I.Q.

He states, just as a matter of fact, that Gus is running hard and that he's a big back at 235, and that Tucker slimmed down to 217 during the spring, but come fall will be playing fullback at around 224, and a couple of you morons think he is obsessed with weight like a South Beach model.

Maybe he's obsessed with having big, strong fast guys, because the team he inherited was small, weak and slow, not to mention entitled.

[video=youtube;yTj7yc7wwAU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTj7yc7wwAU[/video]

[video=youtube;o-RzHc1CNHM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-RzHc1CNHM[/video]

D'Onofrio said of the 42-24 loss to the Hokies: "Every score today was attributed to one of two things: we either cut a man loose in man coverage or we missed a tackle. That's disappointing. We had opportunities to get off the field and we didn't do it."

coaches blaming players... act like you pay attention next time bro otherwise choose to just read and not "porst"

I see a lot of "we" talk. Not sure how that's blaming players. But whatever, bottom line is that we need to improve to be where we want and should be. Who cares why, the fact is that it happened and it has to be improved. Against VT, we had a lot of opportunities to make plays and didn't. Two fumbles that negated big plays, and a kneel down on a punt that gave them short fields and 30 missed tackles on third down that gave them touchdowns or first downs means that at least partial blame goes to the players. VT is a bad example, I would have used Duke or Louisville as better examples of poor scheme and I don't recall one player being thrown under the bus in those games. Florida State, well, we are just not as good as they are yet, and nobody was last year.

Last edited:
Advertisement
So they're prioritizing their backyard last when it comes to recruiting? Oh. Yeah no way that backfires.

I'd advise to actually listen to the interview before you criticize. There's a very good reason.

Can you just fill me in on the context then? I have no interest in listening to Golden regurgitate his binder based pillar platitudes and borrowed boardroom buzzwords. "We're trying to leverage our time of position against defensive synergy. We're using big data to locate the best players on our roster." Etc.

You've made a judgement on a comment from another poster. But, you aren't interested in listening? Sounds legit.

He goes out of state at this time because most places don't have Spring practice. That means no new info on out of state kids until fall. Florida kids do have Spring practice. So, you wait until Spring practice on those guys because you can get updated evaluations on them. It's not a matter of priority. It just makes sense.

Advertisement

You've made a judgement on a comment from another poster. But, you aren't interested in listening? Sounds legit.

He goes out of state at this time because most places don't have Spring practice. That means no new info on out of state kids until fall. Florida kids do have Spring practice. So, you wait until Spring practice on those guys because you can get updated evaluations on them. It's not a matter of priority. It just makes sense.

163.gif

If you are taught something by the coaches and when the game starts you don't execute that's on the players. We've been playing young guys that maybe weren't ready mentally because of the lack of talent. I've trained guys from teams that played Miami and they said the secondary made a lot of mistakes.

I'm hoping this will be the year the players make a big jump in execution. And the coaches make better adjustments.

Can you train them less hard in the future?

Thanks.

The talent is here.... With Olsen or whoever

Coastal (at the minimum) or bust

We have been saying this for a decade.

we aint beating FSU next year so the ACCCG win is just a pipe dream

give me the coastal and at least show improvement in a terrible couple of years performance on D and coley showing improvement and ill be happy

FSU in 2002 was not great ended up with 5 losses...we were 1 at home...and they came to play and **** near beat us..it took some heroic **** to beat them....never say never in CFB...

When we can run the ball against FSU, we are always in it at the end.

We just haven't been able to run the ball against them worth a **** since the 2009 game.

Advertisement
Back