Al golden WQAM....

Gamineal

All-ACC
http://wqam.com/2014/04/14/al-golden-7/

review

Freaked out over Dps hit on Gus...( jokingly )

He was happy with the Canes unis..he was shocked that the kids were jacked about new unis...

QB: Have to improve no doubt about it.....both QBs were aware that have to improve
KO managed the Offense well

Gus & Tucker ran hard...tucker down to 218..will play at 224...

Lbs are deep...DBs tackling are better...

competition at wide out has improved that position..

will do the same at QB when two frosh show up...

Blue & Young...great spring Grace as well....

Defense activity better playing harder better attitude hitting harder

Oline: Kc & Trevor both made great improvements...getting leaner/ stronger...he is happy with the starting 5..building depth...

very few formations used...will stretch the field use the talent...one on ones are part of plays....they did not use them in the spring game...??

sophomore guys..are a small group they do extra work tight guys...

Grades are most important right now....get all the guys in and ready...
leaders help with this...keep kids out of trouble...

work on strength....May 12 or 13 most will be here...a few will miss but majority will

recruiting....they are out now OUT OF STATE..wait for florida until last...

Thanked all the fans for coming out to spring game..

Advertisement
This ************ is so obsessed with weight. He's worse than a stage mom. Let these kids ball, who gives a **** if their 217 or 224. **** man, this guy needs to get out of south florida yesterday. He's so ******* clueless about these ball players down here. If he had another year with Spence he'd have him up to 250.

Advertisement
This ************ is so obsessed with weight. He's worse than a stage mom. Let these kids ball, who gives a **** if their 217 or 224. **** man, this guy needs to get out of south florida yesterday. He's so ****ing clueless about these ball players down here. If he had another year with Spence he'd have him up to 250.

He needs to go to clinics by coaches from Stanford mich st and the like who coach to the strengths of the team on hand

Not continue to blame players for being square pegs in their circle scheme

We all know Golden is a big psychology guy.

In this interview he seemed like he threw Olsen into the fire.
Said they used formations they haven't used all Spring, and that the routes the wr's do in one on ones, were not the routes they ran in the scrimmage.

Sounds like he kind of set Olsen and Crow up to struggle.

If so, I like it. No need to give either qb a big head and a sense of complacency.

Better to have Olsen going into summer thinking like he's barely scratched the surface, and the the needs to work on everything.

This ************ is so obsessed with weight. He's worse than a stage mom. Let these kids ball, who gives a **** if their 217 or 224. **** man, this guy needs to get out of south florida yesterday. He's so ****ing clueless about these ball players down here. If he had another year with Spence he'd have him up to 250.

He needs to go to clinics by coaches from Stanford mich st and the like who coach to the strengths of the team on hand

Do you crazies make this crap up yourself, or do you have meetings to join in together?

Not once in any interview in 3 1/2 years has Golden blamed a player for anything.
The guy takes blame for everything, including the stupidity of guys like Ray Ray, and Vaughn Telemaque's single digit football I.Q.

He states, just as a matter of fact, that Gus is running hard and that he's a big back at 235, and that Tucker slimmed down to 217 during the spring, but come fall will be playing fullback at around 224, and a couple of you morons think he is obsessed with weight like a South Beach model.

Maybe he's obsessed with having big, strong fast guys, because the team he inherited was small, weak and slow, not to mention entitled.

Do you crazies make this crap up yourself, or do you have meetings to join in together?

Not once in any interview in 3 1/2 years has Golden blamed a player for anything.
The guy takes blame for everything, including the stupidity of guys like Ray Ray, and Vaughn Telemaque's single digit football I.Q.

He states, just as a matter of fact, that Gus is running hard and that he's a big back at 235, and that Tucker slimmed down to 217 during the spring, but come fall will be playing fullback at around 224, and a couple of you morons think he is obsessed with weight like a South Beach model.

Maybe he's obsessed with having big, strong fast guys, because the team he inherited was small, weak and slow, not to mention entitled.

[video=youtube;yTj7yc7wwAU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yTj7yc7wwAU[/video]

[video=youtube;o-RzHc1CNHM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o-RzHc1CNHM[/video]

D'Onofrio said of the 42-24 loss to the Hokies: "Every score today was attributed to one of two things: we either cut a man loose in man coverage or we missed a tackle. That's disappointing. We had opportunities to get off the field and we didn't do it."

coaches blaming players... act like you pay attention next time bro otherwise choose to just read and not "porst"

Advertisement

Said they used formations they haven't used all Spring, and that the routes the wr's do in one on ones, were not the routes they ran in the scrimmage.

If so, I like it. No need to give either qb a big head and a sense of complacency.

Better to have Olsen going into summer thinking like he's barely scratched the surface, and the the needs to work on everything.

Al a big psychology guy? Perhaps with his degree (so are a lot of other former and current football players), but it's obvious to anyone over the past three years it's not one of his strong suits.

Olsen hasn't earned a thing to this point. He earned the second position, but got the starter nod by default. He needs confidence going forward, not confusion.

Someone else mentioned it, but if that's really what he did, it was to make his buddy look decent on his side of the field. I can't even imagine someone doing that, but good old Al surprises me with every move he makes.

If you are taught something by the coaches and when the game starts you don't execute that's on the players. We've been playing young guys that maybe weren't ready mentally because of the lack of talent. I've trained guys from teams that played Miami and they said the secondary made a lot of mistakes.

I'm hoping this will be the year the players make a big jump in execution. And the coaches make better adjustments.

Al a big psychology guy? Perhaps with his degree (so are a lot of other former and current football players), but it's obvious to anyone over the past three years it's not one of his strong suits.

Olsen hasn't earned a thing to this point. He earned the second position, but got the starter nod by default. He needs confidence going forward, not confusion.

Someone else mentioned it, but if that's really what he did, it was to make his buddy look decent on his side of the field. I can't even imagine someone doing that, but good old Al surprises me with every move he makes.

yea....he had coley call the GUS off tackle to be de-nuted by Denzel play....saw it with my own eyes....its a scam I tell you..

Advertisement
So they're prioritizing their backyard last when it comes to recruiting? Oh. Yeah no way that backfires.

Weight matters at every level. The issue is not the number. The issue whether the player is improving. Every successful program has that kind of attitude. Weight room numbers are a very big motivator for kids because they're so tangible, and they can be fairly compared to other kids' weight room numbers.

If you are taught something by the coaches and when the game starts you don't execute that's on the players. We've been playing young guys that maybe weren't ready mentally because of the lack of talent. I've trained guys from teams that played Miami and they said the secondary made a lot of mistakes.

I'm hoping this will be the year the players make a big jump in execution. And the coaches make better adjustments.

I agree, but if the defense has a 3 year learning curve- it's on the coaches to simplify the scheme and run something that compliments our players.

Advertisement

I agree, but if the defense has a 3 year learning curve- it's on the coaches to simplify the scheme and run something that compliments our players.

agree. This is college you only have sometimes 3 years maybe 4/5 with kids with practice limitations so if your entire defense isnt able to comprehend your scheme when the entire team is now holding collective 3.6(whatever it is)gpas it should tell you your system isnt getting through with the time you have

This....

They don't understand he is getting them prepared for the NFL... the NFL are the biggest evaluators of size and strength... he wants them big strong and fast... I dont see anything wrong with that... he did mention something about good weight... he wants them lean as well. He gets it... and a ton of these guys will go to the NFL and have successfully careers. Just look at D. Perryman he is projected as the #1 MLB because AG told him he would need the weight. This man is very smart and smarter than most people here that never coached a day in there lives...

Harmless comment about the players adding strength during the offseason turns into Golden bashing.

Some of you fools just like complaining, at least be objective. Lords knows I've lost faith in him too but ****.

Advertisement
Back