Al Golden on WQAM

****. I just want us to get a decent coach that wants to stay and build our team back up.

Had a funny thought if things get sideways with Golden - I think Butch could be had - and we all know what Butch can do in South Florida.

Advertisement
My guess is Penn State goes after bigger names like Meyer, Saban, Farentz, Stoops, Peterson. They will feel the pressure to hit a home run, and go with someone outside the program. Golden will not be on their first list.

What 3FW said. If you really think about it, it does make sense. He returns to his alma mater to a program that will keep right on rolling if they in fact clean house and let him bring in his coaches, etc.

Rosenberg gets the best interviews out of Al.

As for whether he'll stick around, I think he will. The people that matter believe in him and he sees the long-term potential here. If he doesn't want to be here, we don't need him. But I'd bet that a raise would ease the sting of Shapiro.

Advertisement
he has much greater opportunity to win a MNC here than at penn state..

really? because i'm pretty sure psu is 8-1 right now.....

Sure in a down year in there conference, and they havent even faced the best teams from there conference yet. Still got Nebraska, Ohio St and Whiskey

you already know i'm a die hard Cane, but their record right now reflects the fact that they're closer to a ring than we are right now. the big 10 is down this year, but i wouldn't say it's any worse than the acc. i'd say our conferences are just about even. ohio, nebraska, and wisconsin have all proven to be a bit shakey this season so they might have shots in all of those games. we'll see how their season ends up amidst all this. but imo, i just don't think you can say that we're closer to being a dominating team than they are right now.

Advertisement

have you seen their schedule up to this point? they haven't played anyone (except bama, which they lost ) they'll end up 8-4, 9-3 at best..

yeah, i know their schedule. the only cupcake teams they've played are indiana, emu, and indiana state imo.

have you seen their schedule up to this point? they haven't played anyone (except bama, which they lost ) they'll end up 8-4, 9-3 at best..

yeah, i know their schedule. the only cupcake teams they've played are indiana, emu, and indiana state imo.

i mean it's not all cupcakes.. but their best competition is the next three games.. and i don't thin they'll compete with nebraska or wisky.. and if ohio state's offense can get it together.. they might not have a shot there either.

after what's going on now, i don't know if they will be able to either. but an 8 win season is still not too shabby.

Advertisement
he's not going to PSU with all that mess going on. For all we know PSU may get their program shut down. It's a bad situation

Advertisement

Sure in a down year in there conference, and they havent even faced the best teams from there conference yet. Still got Nebraska, Ohio St and Whiskey

you already know i'm a die hard Cane, but their record right now reflects the fact that they're closer to a ring than we are right now. the big 10 is down this year, but i wouldn't say it's any worse than the acc. i'd say our conferences are just about even. ohio, nebraska, and wisconsin have all proven to be a bit shakey this season so they might have shots in all of those games. we'll see how their season ends up amidst all this. but imo, i just don't think you can say that we're closer to being a dominating team than they are right now.

I disagree. PSU's ceiling will always be lower then ours. They don't get the same level of athlete and although they are productive they are much less likely to have a MNC team than we are. You can go 10-2, 9-3, consistently up there...but here you have a chance to go 12-0, and put together the greatest teams ever.

I am not sure if he will stick around. The lure of being the head man at his Alma Mater is tough to compete with. I whole heartedly agree with "If he doesn't want to be here, we don't need him." mantra. Like I said in my previous post in this thread, UM will have to decide where it wants to fit in the CFB landscape. Money talks and BS walks.

Rosenberg gets the best interviews out of Al.

As for whether he'll stick around, I think he will. The people that matter believe in him and he sees the long-term potential here. If he doesn't want to be here, we don't need him. But I'd bet that a raise would ease the sting of Shapiro.

Advertisement
Back