Al Golden leaving door open for QB transfer options

Penn State was 7-5 last year, 5-5 against BCS teams, and with losses to Indiana and Minnesota. Forgive me for not wanting that kind of "success".

Not a successful season for the true freshman QB. To come in during the summer. Win the job, set 11 PSU freshman records. Set one overall record, and was the Big Ten freshman of the year. Was hardly a successful season for the young man.

It is completely his fault PSU lost those 5 games i guess. Everyone of us would be doing cartwheels. If Olsen, our Kaaya pulled the season he did. Our even the season Korn and Webb had.

It wouldn't be a success to go into the following season. Knowing we had a true player at the position.

Ohhh so now you're saying successful for a freshman? This may be Duke's last season..I don't want a successful for a freshman-type season. 7-5 record with most of their wins by the skin of their teeth in a conference much worse than ours...and this gets you excited, huh? Not me.

His freshman season would be a success for almost any QB. The year he had stat wise. Is right in line. With any QB we have had here at Miami. That was on a championship team.

The difference is. He wasn't on a championship team, and chances are high. That whomever we would have this coming season at the position. Won't be playing on a championship team either.

The QB can't change how our defense performs. He can only control the outcome on his side of the ball. Our QB could have a banner year, and it still wouldn't change the outcome of our defense giving up 500 yards a game.

So you may still be stomping and throwing yourself on the ground. Come the end of the season and it may have nothing to do with the QB/offense.

Morris had pretty similar statistics as Hackenberg last year. Again, I don't consider that success.

LMAO @ a SteMo reference. Dude couldn't hold Hackenbergs jockstrap.

[video=youtube;UkWVXz0jMds]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkWVXz0jMds[/video]

Let me add that even as bad as Morris was. If he had a defense that wasn't getting it's **** pushed in. A special teams unit not fumbling every kick off. Even with the loss of Duke Johnson. We could have had. Possibly 2 more victories.

Last edited:
Advertisement
Not a successful season for the true freshman QB. To come in during the summer. Win the job, set 11 PSU freshman records. Set one overall record, and was the Big Ten freshman of the year. Was hardly a successful season for the young man.

It is completely his fault PSU lost those 5 games i guess. Everyone of us would be doing cartwheels. If Olsen, our Kaaya pulled the season he did. Our even the season Korn and Webb had.

It wouldn't be a success to go into the following season. Knowing we had a true player at the position.

Ohhh so now you're saying successful for a freshman? This may be Duke's last season..I don't want a successful for a freshman-type season. 7-5 record with most of their wins by the skin of their teeth in a conference much worse than ours...and this gets you excited, huh? Not me.

His freshman season would be a success for almost any QB. The year he had stat wise. Is right in line. With any QB we have had here at Miami. That was on a championship team.

The difference is. He wasn't on a championship team, and chances are high. That whomever we would have this coming season at the position. Won't be playing on a championship team either.

The QB can't change how our defense performs. He can only control the outcome on his side of the ball. Our QB could have a banner year, and it still wouldn't change the outcome of our defense giving up 500 yards a game.

So you may still be stomping and throwing yourself on the ground. Come the end of the season and it may have nothing to do with the QB/offense.

Morris had pretty similar statistics as Hackenberg last year. Again, I don't consider that success.

LMAO @ a SteMo reference. Dude couldn't hold Hackenbergs jockstrap.

[video=youtube;UkWVXz0jMds]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkWVXz0jMds[/video]

Let me add that even as bad as Morris was. If he had a defense that wasn't getting it's **** pushed in. A special teams unit not fumbling every kick off. Even with the loss of Duke Johnson. We could have had. Possibly 2 more victories.

Well you're confusing me. Now you're saying Hackenberg was statistically successful last year, and his numbers are very similar to Morris. ****, Morris even had a higher QB rating. The grass isn't always greener.

Is it to much to ask for Olsen to have a better RS Freshman year that Morris's true freshman year in 2010?
If he does we should be in good shape.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Back