Al Golden Defenders Please Enter

And explain to everyone what you think Al Golden is accountable for. Since his time at Miami he has lost 19 games. Of those 19 games, which is he accountable for? Please include anything you think he is accountable for in Recruiting, player development, offense, defense, special teams, etc.

-Failed to recruit impact interior defensive linemen, including a complete whiff on DT's in 2013
-**** poor game planning against Georgia Tech overall. We haven't stopped Paul Johnson yet in his tenure.
-The meltdown of the defense last season
-We've been suspect on Special Teams all year and last night it reared it's head again
-Outside of Stacy Coley, Duke Johnson, and Yearby, he can't seem to land that truly outstanding talent on offense. (See #4 for the enemy)
-Mismanaged Kaaya in Louisville

He is ALSO accountable for:

-Implementing a Division 1 strength and conditioning program (nutrition as well)
-Promoting the program without ceasing
-Leading the charge in attempting to improve facilities
-Has made a seemingly good (could be great) hire in James Coley
-Made a PHENOMENAL hire in Hurlie Brown
-Has made in roads in recruiting the South Florida area by hiring some of the most respected coaches/mentors (Ice/Beard/Baez etc.)
-Maintained the integrity of the program by ridding it of malcontents (Blue/Terry/EJ/Fig etc.)
-Contrary to popular opinion, has embraced the history of the program and welcomed former players
-Didn't murder Duke Johnson before he could step on campus at The U
-Went to California and recruited the program's ultimate savior in one Mr. Brad Kaaya

What we see here, is that at an administrative level, he's a competent, if not very good leader of a program. The problem of course lies in the fact that most of his difficulties come when an official blows the whistle to say the ball is ready for play. Good CEO...Mediocre to Underwhelming football coach.

CEO: Good
Recruiting: Good at every where except Defensive Tackle (where he's been putrid)
GameDay: Bad-Horrid

idiot #2

Advertisement
The worst part of all this, these idiots blame the players and individual plays, but will be swinging Goldens **** like a lasso after we beat Air Force in a bowl game to finish 8-5.

And explain to everyone what you think Al Golden is accountable for. Since his time at Miami he has lost 19 games. Of those 19 games, which is he accountable for? Please include anything you think he is accountable for in Recruiting, player development, offense, defense, special teams, etc.

-Failed to recruit impact interior defensive linemen, including a complete whiff on DT's in 2013
-**** poor game planning against Georgia Tech overall. We haven't stopped Paul Johnson yet in his tenure.
-We've been suspect on Special Teams all year and last night it reared it's head again
-Outside of Stacy Coley, Duke Johnson, and Yearby, he can't seem to land that truly outstanding talent on offense. (See #4 for the enemy)

-Implementing a Division 1 strength and conditioning program (nutrition as well)
-Has made in roads in recruiting the South Florida area by hiring some of the most respected coaches/mentors (Ice/Beard/Baez etc.)
-Maintained the integrity of the program by ridding it of malcontents (Blue/Terry/EJ/Fig etc.)
-Contrary to popular opinion, has embraced the history of the program and welcomed former players
-Went to California and recruited the program's ultimate savior in one Mr. Brad Kaaya

What we see here, is that at an administrative level, he's a competent, if not very good leader of a program. The problem of course lies in the fact that most of his difficulties come when an official blows the whistle to say the ball is ready for play. Good CEO...Mediocre to Underwhelming football coach.

Recruiting: Good at every where except Defensive Tackle (where he's been putrid)

Interesting, because 48 hours ago you ripped anyone who questioned Goldens ability to lead this team.

Do you think he's done a good job with the S&C program?

Look at those two teams last night.

Strength and Conditioning was not an issue in the slightest.

We didn't lose cuz we were tired and we didn't lose because we weren't strong enough.

That's the goal of S&C to me.

Uh.............our players were dropping like flies in the 2nd half, meanwhile FSU guys were excelling

That speaks Volumes as to our S&C, it use to be the other way around for us

One of the issues that I thought about coming into the game was the ease with which we won our last two games.

Our players snap totals were LOOOOOW in both games, not to mention the fact that we had played mediocre competition.

That was a completely different atmosphere that a championship team like FSU was obviously better prepared for.

They've been playing games like the one last night for a month, while we haven't.

It's very difficult to simply cut it on and ask the body to do something it simply ain't used to doing.

You then throw in the fact that we were hype as **** coming out and you get a team that might slowly wear down.

But I didn't even really see that from us. Duke is always limping off. Deon and Chick got hurt. Them's be the breaks.

Advertisement
Interesting, because 48 hours ago you ripped anyone who questioned Goldens ability to lead this team.

Don't try to win the internet here buddy. I'm simply trying to have a rational discussion. What you just typed has NOTHING to do with my post.

I watched the game last night. Then watched it in bits and pieces again today, came to some conclusions.

Simple as that.

10471478_1498430610424614_8391687912119494614_n.jpg

Don't try to win the internet here buddy. I'm simply trying to have a rational discussion. What you just typed has NOTHING to do with my post.

I watched the game last night. Then watched it in bits and pieces again today, came to some conclusions.

Simple as that.

Everyone else has already finished coming to these conclusions at least a year ago. You're the contingency playing catchup, eagerly awaiting Goldens teet to suckle. You're still not even fully there yet, defending this chump with inane ideas; at this point I wonder if you and your ilk will ever face reality.

Advertisement

We didn't lose cuz we were tired and we didn't lose because we weren't strong enough.

Uh.............our players were dropping like flies in the 2nd half, meanwhile FSU guys were excelling

Maybe it's because they have depth and a full roster?

Simple as that.

Just like your predetermined conclusions led you to take note of anyone in doubt of the outcome? Honestly you should stfu and go away for a while, rather than doubling down with post-mortums. Reassess your ability to critically assess the situation, given how obvious the outcome was in doubt to so many except yourself. I mean, the Dunning-Kruger Effect links to your post on wikipedia when looking for exemplars.

Bad enough that you called out people reacting in real time to a situation that looked in doubt. Worse yet to shred anyone who doubted Golden's leadership. Now a post-mortum? Seriously? bomb, is that you?

Last edited:

Maybe it's because they have depth and a full roster?

SMH.

Advertisement
Our S&C was a joke before he came, and we had no nutrition program at all, they were just giving guys muscle milk

I dont blame golden too much for the lose last night but his record speaks, at this point he isnt winning, this should be our first lose of the season not our fourth

he took a program that was left for dead... randy had us in the coffin... al still took the job than shapiro delivered the nail in the coffin ... so now al was stuck we then began a 2-3 year long witchhunt by the ncaa and i firmly believe a stiffer sentence handed out in the proper time frame than a looming one that greatly hampered recruiting would of been better... anyway recap golden takes over the program probably at its worst level ever.... we know on 11/17/2014 well i believe that we are back to being miami we are alive... where do we go?.... im fine with or without golden because i know if another coach comes in he will be coming into a great situation the team is loaded the depth is coming we are young across the board... its great to be back

Advertisement
he took a program that was left for dead... randy had us in the coffin... al still took the job than shapiro delivered the nail in the coffin ... so now al was stuck we then began a 2-3 year long witchhunt by the ncaa and i firmly believe a stiffer sentence handed out in the proper time frame than a looming one that greatly hampered recruiting would of been better... anyway recap golden takes over the program probably at its worst level ever.... we know on 11/17/2014 well i believe that we are back to being miami we are alive... where do we go?.... im fine with or without golden because i know if another coach comes in he will be coming into a great situation the team is loaded the depth is coming we are young across the board... its great to be back

1223.gif

People have to type novels to defend this guy. College football is cutthroat and a bottom line business.

6-4. No Coastal title title.
28-19 in 4 seasons
16-14 in the ACC
55-53 career record
9 seasons as a head coach
Has never won a conference title
Has never won a division title
Has never won a bowl game
Has never finished with 10 wins

Save your paragraphs. That's all you need to see.

People have to type novels to defend this guy. College football is cutthroat and a bottom line business.

6-4. No Coastal title title.
28-19 in 4 seasons
16-14 in the ACC
55-53 career record
9 seasons as a head coach
Has never won a conference title
Has never won a division title
Has never won a bowl game
Has never finished with 10 wins

Save your paragraphs. That's all you need to see.

7-5 got his predecessor fired.

Advertisement
Back