Al Golden Defenders Please Enter

NVA CANE

All-American
And explain to everyone what you think Al Golden is accountable for. Since his time at Miami he has lost 19 games. Of those 19 games, which is he accountable for? Please include anything you think he is accountable for in Recruiting, player development, offense, defense, special teams, etc. I think its time to get to the bottom of this.

Advertisement
only people left supporting him have to be florida state fans. that and dumbasses. plenty of that to go around

A head coach is accountable for player development, the roster overall(quality and depth), and readiness in game time situations.

Where has Al struggled:

In game time adjustments the first 3 years.
Defensive line depth.

Where does Al struggle right now:

D-line quality and depth.
His in game adjustments have improved, but still have room left to improve.

Where has Golden improved this year:

Player development. For once a team looks better every week. The team that lost last night would kill the team that played UL or Nebraska. Of course none of that matters if the team lays an egg the last 2 weeks.

Where do we go from here(my opinion):

I hold out hope that the team continues to build and improve weekly like they have been and rolls UVA and Pitt. Then wins the bowl game. If that happens, I believe they carry it into next year and see Al's best season yet, meaning 10 wins at least.

If that does not happen I will not hold the same mindset. If Al Golden lets his team lose either game remaining, then I will lose all faith in him and believe he can't get he job done.

Basically he has to prove that the last two months are for real and not some crazy fluke. He destroyed the average teams and showed we can compete with the best of the best. Can we continue to do that? If so, I'm in. If not, bye bye.

You would think that there wouldn't be too many left, but that would be logical.

The formula for slurpers is this: act like a Shy Tory, find the most recent troll thread where some guy vociferously defends Golden using scurrilous logic and asshattery, and like his original post. Insert one or two "spot on" comments, and vacate the thread, because they don't believe in accountability, for Golden or their slurping. See also.

Last edited:
Advertisement
I honestly think they live in a really cold place, cause they are using their butt cheeks for ear warmers.

A head coach is accountable for player development, the roster overall(quality and depth), and readiness in game time situations.

Where has Al struggled:

Defensive line depth.

Player development. For once a team looks better every week. The team that lost last night would kill the team that played UL or Nebraska. Of course none of that matters if the team lays an egg the last 2 weeks.

I hold out hope that the team continues to build and improve weekly like they have been and rolls UVA and Pitt. Then wins the bowl game. If that happens, I believe they carry it into next year and see Al's best season yet, meaning 10 wins at least.

If that does not happen I will not hold the same mindset. If Al Golden lets his team lose either game remaining, then I will lose all faith in him and believe he can't get he job done.

Basically he has to prove that the last two months are for real and not some crazy fluke. He destroyed the average teams and showed we can compete with the best of the best. Can we continue to do that? If so, I'm in. If not, bye bye.

idiot #1

Where has Al struggled:

Defensive line depth.

Of Al Golden's 19 losses at Miami how many in your opinion is he accountable for?

Where has Al struggled:

Defensive line depth.

Of Al Golden's 19 losses at Miami how many in your opinion is he accountable for?

A head coach is accountable for all of his losses.

Advertisement
And explain to everyone what you think Al Golden is accountable for. Since his time at Miami he has lost 19 games. Of those 19 games, which is he accountable for? Please include anything you think he is accountable for in Recruiting, player development, offense, defense, special teams, etc.

-Failed to recruit impact interior defensive linemen, including a complete whiff on DT's in 2013
-**** poor game planning against Georgia Tech overall. We haven't stopped Paul Johnson yet in his tenure.
-The meltdown of the defense last season
-We've been suspect on Special Teams all year and last night it reared it's head again
-Outside of Stacy Coley, Duke Johnson, and Yearby, he can't seem to land that truly outstanding talent on offense. (See #4 for the enemy)
-Mismanaged Kaaya in Louisville

He is ALSO accountable for:

-Implementing a Division 1 strength and conditioning program (nutrition as well)
-Promoting the program without ceasing
-Leading the charge in attempting to improve facilities
-Has made a seemingly good (could be great) hire in James Coley
-Made a PHENOMENAL hire in Hurlie Brown
-Has made in roads in recruiting the South Florida area by hiring some of the most respected coaches/mentors (Ice/Beard/Baez etc.)
-Maintained the integrity of the program by ridding it of malcontents (Blue/Terry/EJ/Fig etc.)
-Contrary to popular opinion, has embraced the history of the program and welcomed former players
-Didn't murder Duke Johnson before he could step on campus at The U
-Went to California and recruited the program's ultimate savior in one Mr. Brad Kaaya

What we see here, is that at an administrative level, he's a competent, if not very good leader of a program. The problem of course lies in the fact that most of his difficulties come when an official blows the whistle to say the ball is ready for play. Good CEO...Mediocre to Underwhelming football coach.

CEO: Good
Recruiting: Good at every where except Defensive Tackle (where he's been putrid)
GameDay: Bad-Horrid

Last edited:
And explain to everyone what you think Al Golden is accountable for. Since his time at Miami he has lost 19 games. Of those 19 games, which is he accountable for? Please include anything you think he is accountable for in Recruiting, player development, offense, defense, special teams, etc.

-Failed to recruit impact interior defensive linemen, including a complete whiff on DT's in 2013
-**** poor game planning against Georgia Tech overall. We haven't stopped Paul Johnson yet in his tenure.
-We've been suspect on Special Teams all year and last night it reared it's head again
-Outside of Stacy Coley, Duke Johnson, and Yearby, he can't seem to land that truly outstanding talent on offense. (See #4 for the enemy)

-Implementing a Division 1 strength and conditioning program (nutrition as well)
-Has made in roads in recruiting the South Florida area by hiring some of the most respected coaches/mentors (Ice/Beard/Baez etc.)
-Maintained the integrity of the program by ridding it of malcontents (Blue/Terry/EJ/Fig etc.)
-Contrary to popular opinion, has embraced the history of the program and welcomed former players
-Went to California and recruited the program's ultimate savior in one Mr. Brad Kaaya

What we see here, is that at an administrative level, he's a competent, if not very good leader of a program. The problem of course lies in the fact that most of his difficulties come when an official blows the whistle to say the ball is ready for play. Good CEO...Mediocre to Underwhelming football coach.

Recruiting: Good at every where except Defensive Tackle (where he's been putrid)
So pretty much he's a great salesman.

some folks couldn't get laid in a ***** house if they had a million dollars in their pockets.

Do you think he's done a good job with the S&C program?

Advertisement

So in four years, he's retained andreu swasey and recruited duke and kaaya(3 years apart). That list is building rapidly, I bet he even had a couple wins vs Duke.

Strong argument as a keeper.

Look at those two teams last night.

Strength and Conditioning was not an issue in the slightest.

We didn't lose cuz we were tired and we didn't lose because we weren't strong enough.

That's the goal of S&C to me.

Look at those two teams last night.

Strength and Conditioning was not an issue in the slightest.

We didn't lose cuz we were tired and we didn't lose because we weren't strong enough.

That's the goal of S&C to me.

Uh.............our players were dropping like flies in the 2nd half, meanwhile FSU guys were excelling

That speaks Volumes as to our S&C, it use to be the other way around for us

Advertisement
There's about 10 pages of "defensive players hands on hips" comments in the gameday discussion thread. Other than that yeah we were/are totally like Kurt Angle in the 1996 Olympics.

So pretty much he's a great salesman.

Yeah, but that doesn't cover the whole spectrum. A salesman can ONLY shuck and jive and that's not what attempted to imply. He's good with things away from field and he's good at ascertaining what is needed to be successful. It's the nuance that he struggles with.

I would categorize him as rigid. All of his comments about yards/play and turnovers and 3rd percentage are dead on. Those things are crucial to victory, but schematically and strategically, he comes up short. He's not Belicheck and he isn't Chip Kelly. Saban can get away with not having outstanding coordinators because he's a phenomenal strategist in his own right. He can feel the game and can call something at the right time to defeat the opposition. Golden doesn't have that and I doubt he ever will.

The passivity and tendency to back up is what is most concerning and what will/should ultimately lead to his ouster, should he not change it.

Tyriq, perryman, and Kirby all had chances to take down cook for about a 5 yard run on that winning touchdown. All them wiffed

Advertisement
Back