Al Golden and player development..

Miami just had 10 guys sign as FA and 6 guys drafted. Not my concern. My concern is gameday coaching, personel usuage, game day planning and implimentation, adjustments etc which cost Miami 3 games last season.

Also concerned that golden teams are 10-14 last 4 games of the year. SMH.

Want to compare that to the record of the Shannon coached teams during the last 4 games of the year?

Nites,
You should really address 2511's question here.

For what? Shannon got fired and is no longr apart of this team. thanks.

Advertisement
Weren't most of those players on the defensive side of the ball? Not sure that he has such a great track record (yet) developing O talent.

Plus, stars do get raised for some coaches and some schools meaning that once Golden had built a rep for being a top coach with developing quality players, the same 2* or 3* talent he'd been recruiting would now become 3* and 4* recruits per the rating services.

Don't get me wrong. I think Golden's the right guy for us and will lead us back to the NC picture.

I think that most coaches believe that you can develop/mold defensive players but you have to recruit offensive talent.

obviously this is a generalization but I think there is some truth there. that would explain the lack of offensive players at temple (although their RB did get drafted)

Miami just had 10 guys sign as FA and 6 guys drafted. Not my concern. My concern is gameday coaching, personel usuage, game day planning and implimentation, adjustments etc which cost Miami 3 games last season.

Which 3 games did Golden cost ?

Maryland, Virginia. k-state.

Maryland - Agreed. I've slowed the tape down & it is in fact Golden going onto the field in Morris' uni to poorly read & throw the ball to a giddy DB. At full speed it looks like Morris, but the clipboard in his left hand gives it away.

UVA - Once again, AGREE: after easily handling Tech's misdirection offense the week before, audio tape has emerged of Golden commissioning McDonald to erase the memories of most of the starting 11 on defense. RayRay's was not necessary.

KSU - You're good. If you watch Chase Ford closely in the second quarter, you can see him inject a syringe into Jacory's neck--& then Al nodding discreetly in approval at the Jumbotron. Once the 4th quarter came J12 was uncharacteristically weak & indecisive.

Lotta haters around here. Nites is just laying out facts.

Maryland - Agreed. I've slowed the tape down & it is in fact Golden going onto the field in Morris' uni to poorly read & throw the ball to a giddy DB. At full speed it looks like Morris, but the clipboard in his left hand gives it away.

UVA - Once again, AGREE: after easily handling Tech's misdirection offense the week before, audio tape has emerged of Golden commissioning McDonald to erase the memories of most of the starting 11 on defense. RayRay's was not necessary.

KSU - You're good. If you watch Chase Ford closely in the second quarter, you can see him inject a syringe into Jacory's neck--& then Al nodding discreetly in approval at the Jumbotron. Once the 4th quarter came J12 was uncharacteristically weak & indecisive.

Whaaaahahahahahaha, awesome post!!!!!

Advertisement

Whaaaahahahahahaha, awesome post!!!!!

We lost that Maryland game on one play IMO. Mike James' fumble towards the end of the first half, when the defender took it back.

Miami lost to maryland b/c of a poor all around game plan, pathetic use of personel, over coaching (coaching scared), and failure to make adjustments in a timely manner amungst other things.

Weren't most of those players on the defensive side of the ball? Not sure that he has such a great track record (yet) developing O talent.

Plus, stars do get raised for some coaches and some schools meaning that once Golden had built a rep for being a top coach with developing quality players, the same 2* or 3* talent he'd been recruiting would now become 3* and 4* recruits per the rating services.

Don't get me wrong. I think Golden's the right guy for us and will lead us back to the NC picture.

I think that most coaches believe that you can develop/mold defensive players but you have to recruit offensive talent.

obviously this is a generalization but I think there is some truth there. that would explain the lack of offensive players at temple (although their RB did get drafted)

this is silly. you have to recruit offensive talent but you can/ develop mold defensive players? lol

Anyone that thinks "coaching" was the problem last year or that player development is a "myth" is as clueless and stupid as Randy Shannon.

Advertisement
You recruit qualified recruits with desire and determination.

You then coach champions.

Hard to do with one finger up your nose and another up urass, rotating, all the while maintaining a thousand-yard stare during gametime. As we've already had two of.

So, you think it says nothing that Miami and Temple just sent an identical number of players to NFL squads?

Once sanctions are handed down, I hope they pull a USC and appeal them so they can get a full class for 2013.

Miami lost to maryland b/c of a poor all around game plan, pathetic use of personel, over coaching (coaching scared), and failure to make adjustments in a timely manner amungst other things.

Retarded post. Losing to maryland was pathetic, but it wasn't for any of the reasons you listed in regards to Golden. The only thing that we can really attribute to golden was the choice to kick the fg to take the lead rather than go for the first down, but i still think it was the right decision.

I literally LOL every time i see a poster refer to 'adjustments' like they know what they are talking about. What 'adjustment' could al have made that would have helped? Half our starting defense was at home in miami. Could he have adjusted for that? How about mike james fumbling when we're trying to kill the clock? Definitely should have adjusted for that.

What strategically could he have done differently? Does he call the defense?

Advertisement

Retarded post. Losing to maryland was pathetic, but it wasn't for any of the reasons you listed in regards to Golden. The only thing that we can really attribute to golden was the choice to kick the fg to take the lead rather than go for the first down, but i still think it was the right decision.

I literally LOL every time i see a poster refer to 'adjustments' like they know what they are talking about. What 'adjustment' could al have made that would have helped? Half our starting defense was at home in miami. Could he have adjusted for that? How about mike james fumbling when we're trying to kill the clock? Definitely should have adjusted for that.

His buddy he hired calls the defense. db'a 10-15 off and bailing, de's crashing allowingo-biren to look like vikc on a couple plays etc not only in this game but k-state and a few others in short yardage situations. lmao at laugin at anything. laugh at yourself. robinson covering megget 35 yards down field? lmao.

it took miami an entire half to adjust to the sorry as *** chit maryland was doing. wr screens etc. then when miami made an overly ignorant adjustment with the db's after already showing their hand they were burnt on the mcgee play.

"but you still think it was the right choice regarding some corny fg" lmfao

talkin bout chase ford in short yardage. destroyed vs maryland on 2 plays and then atkeast 3 x vs k-state including twice during that last gl stand.

Advertisement

Pathetic use of personnel? The D in that game especially was a patchwork of dead ******* skin held together by cobwebs.

Man, Nights really working the Shannon payback angle full tilt.

His buddy he hired calls the defense. db'a 10-15 off and bailing, de's crashing allowingo-biren to look like vikc on a couple plays etc not only in this game but k-state and a few others in short yardage situations. lmao at laugin at anything. laugh at yourself. robinson covering megget 35 yards down field? lmao.

it took miami an entire half to adjust to the sorry as *** chit maryland was doing. wr screens etc. then when miami made an overly ignorant adjustment with the db's after already showing their hand they were burnt on the mcgee play.

"but you still think it was the right choice regarding some corny fg" lmfao

How would you have countered with the personale problems? You just named a buch of issue but gave no solutions. You just criticized them for having the CBs play off but then blame a "overly ignorant adjustment" for McGee being burnt when playin press coverage but fail to describe that "adjustment."

What defense would you have run? What solutions would have had for the lack of talent in the secondary and people that could get to the QB?

Nites, I didn't see any scared coaching. Tell you what I did see - Shannon during games with a thousand-yard-stare. I don't know where he was, but it wasn't in the stadium. EVER! He picked coordinators and assistants like he picked his nose. There was no consistency - and with that thousand-yard-stare? Go back and look at adjustments under Randy. Took him three or four games. Of course, by then we were playing someone else . . .

Shannon left us overall with crap. Uncoached, undisciplined, non-tackling, leaping jumping gnomes in helmets, and to make it worse, he didn't know the first thing about recruiting. Recruiting for depth.

That's why he's sitting in a corner, and can't even go sit with Coker.

What Golden had to work with? We were lucky to win six.

Advertisement
Back