Al Golden and player development..

canecountry3

Senior
Per Bruce Feldman on Twitter:

10 Temple players either drafted or signed as free agents.

2 3*
6 2*
2 0*

Imagine what he can do with premium (and particularly South Florida) talent.

Advertisement
Just gotta get by passed shapirogate and we're good to go. These next two recruiting classes have the potential to be epic

Miami just had 10 guys sign as FA and 6 guys drafted. Not my concern. My concern is gameday coaching, personel usuage, game day planning and implimentation, adjustments etc which cost Miami 3 games last season.

Also concerned that golden teams are 10-14 last 4 games of the year. SMH.

Advertisement
Miami just had 10 guys sign as FA and 6 guys drafted. Not my concern. My concern is gameday coaching, personel usuage, game day planning and implimentation, adjustments etc which cost Miami 3 games last season.

Want to compare that to the record of the Shannon coached teams during the last 4 games of the year?

Want to compare that to the record of the Shannon coached teams during the last 4 games of the year?

Nights is ether shannon family or guy from the paper that said the players were fat

Nights is ether shannon family or guy from the paper that said the players were fat

I'll do it for him. 5-11 in the last 4 games of the year during Shannon's time here. 5 and ******* 11

Shut the **** up Nights.

Advertisement

Nites,
You should really address 2511's question here.

not to mention that AGs first 2-3 years were for a pathetic temple team that he was building. that is probably 2-10 or so of that record

Advertisement
IMO in college, players/player development is much more important then in game coaching. Now I'm not sure what 3 games Nites refers to but so far I haven't have to big of a problem with this staff in game coaching.

Butch had this team ready to dominate college football for a long time and he wasn't a great in game coach. Les Miles has won 2 Nat'l Championship and I don't think he will ever be considered a great in game coach.

Give me someone who can eye and develop talent and I'll take my chances.

Advertisement
Weren't most of those players on the defensive side of the ball? Not sure that he has such a great track record (yet) developing O talent.

Plus, stars do get raised for some coaches and some schools meaning that once Golden had built a rep for being a top coach with developing quality players, the same 2* or 3* talent he'd been recruiting would now become 3* and 4* recruits per the rating services.

Don't get me wrong. I think Golden's the right guy for us and will lead us back to the NC picture.

Which 3 games did Golden cost ?

Advertisement
Back