Al Godlen claims he is "seeing quads"...

What he means is he just now got two issues of...

66.jpg

67.jpg

Advertisement
Boy has this board become super toxic. There is zero optimism but to each his own.

I agree with Golden there is too much flip flopping and truth be told a lot of the coaches are just as bad as the players. But then it comes back to the players and their handlers. They continue to work with coaches who swindle kids and create this environment where a scholie offer and a commitment mean nothing. the only fault for golden is that he needs to find a way to be successful and keep his morals or change his philosophy. there are plenty of schools doing more with less.

the game is the game, when coaches are offering scholies to player's best friends who are D1 athletes or their 1* brothers it really messes things up. I understand kids think they are "looking out" and they do it because these coaches are so thirsty they allow them to.

I credit the BIG10 because as a whole minus urban lyer they have a gentlemen's agreement on how the engage recruiting and the practices they use. Other leagues don't seem to care about what happens to the kids before and even after they get on campus.

Advertisement
Guess this is just the norm for offseason. Guy puts out 140 character statement and everyone tries to disect it. Maybe he means he is going 4 wheeling.

Maybe he is on to the fact that he can't keep an early commitment, because he finds kids, get them interested but the all might $EC comes in the fall and bye bye players.....However, with an early signing period you wouldn't have to worry so much about your 'commits' because they would already be signed. And it would put the pressure on the kids to actually have to be true about their 'commitment'. If they are committed they will sign. If they are not, you will know it when they don't sign. This recruiting game is getting wayyyyy out of hand. I don't blame him or anyone from trying to find ways, or potential rules to get and keep kids committed and away from the temptations of other teams.

While I don't get his comment. I need someone to tell me what specifically the staff has done to cause a kid to decommit?
Don't drag out the tired "they saw that defense" bullsiht either, it's the same defense they committed to earlier.
And LMAO at the "he don't understand the 305" comments, seriously?

Advertisement
While I don't get his comment. I need someone to tell me what specifically the staff has done to cause a kid to decommit?
Don't drag out the tired "they saw that defense" bullsiht either, it's the same defense they committed to earlier.
And LMAO at the "he don't understand the 305" comments, seriously?

Well actually our defense while pitiful looked like it had some pulse until the last month of the season where we went on a historically bad run on the defensive side of the ball. Before this collapse we had a top 5 class after well we dropped out of the top 10 on most services.

LMAO, at everyone blaming golden for us not landing most so fl kids. As soon as Golden starts winning ( I truly believe he will) you two faced fans will be all on his jock. GO Canes!

LMAO, at everyone blaming golden for us not landing most so fl kids. As soon as Golden starts winning ( I truly believe he will) you two faced fans will be all on his jock. GO Canes!

Of course if he starts winning people will be on his jock. This isn't a you like golden or don't like golden issue, it's a we want the Canes to win.

Of course if he starts winning people will be on his jock. This isn't a you like golden or don't like golden issue, it's a we want the Canes to win.

They won't get it. If these guys were chicks. They would be the ones always searching for abusive relationships. Screaming at people for telling them. Their husband is a bad man.

Advertisement

I'm calling bull****. There are many people that do not like Golden and don't want to see him do well.

Those people say - I'm not anti-Golden, I'm pro-Miami, just like the racist says I have black friends after he uses the N word in a negative way.

I'm calling bull****. There are many people that do not like Golden and don't want to see him do well.

Those people say - I'm not anti-Golden, I'm pro-Miami, just like the racist says I have black friends after he uses the N word in a negative way.

I have seen like one guy mention they hope we **** the bed, so Golden will be fired. How many more are there?

Cant really speak for everyone per se as you are right some have been out for Golden's head since the beginning, but many, me being one of them turned on Golden because I observed a certain level of incompetence. I was part of the 'Golden just gets it crew', but 3 years I have seen that he in fact doesnt get it out side the press box. One of the biggest assets we supposedly had with Al was he was a defensive mind, a great recruiter and talent evaluator. Well in three years how many of his Al Golden camp signees have actually done anything? Where has his talent evaluation really stood out? On defense have we done the most we can with our talent which is deficient? I think Golden is a good recruiter but last year's debacle going into NSD wasnt about money being thrown around, it was about us losing 4 OF OUR LAST 6 GAMES IN BLOWOUTS, where our defense was outright embarrassed.

Its like whatever you do for work, if you see things that arent right, you call it how you see it and it is reasonable to say that Golden has dropped the ball on the football field. Sure he handled the investigation like a champ, no doubt, but not on the field. In the end we as Miami fans get frustrated because we love this program, and are sick and tired of it being mediocre, and we take it out on posters that refuse to see the obvious in front of them......

Last edited:
Advertisement

I have seen like one guy mention they hope we **** the bed, so Golden will be fired. How many more are there?

All these threads beating up on him with all the cute nicknames are all based on winning, and nothing specific personally to Golden?

Just not buying it. Some want Butch back. Some are still ****ed cause their guy got fired. Some are scorned school girls about PSU. Some really just want to win.

Cant really speak for everyone per se as you are right some have been out for Golden's head since the beginning, but many, me being one of them turned on Golden because I observed a certain level of incompetence. I was part of the 'Golden just gets it crew', but 3 years I have seen that he in fact doesnt get it out side the press box. One of the biggest assets we supposedly had with Al was he was a defensive mind, a great recruiter and talent evaluator. Well in three years how many of his Al Golden camp signees have actually done anything? Where has his talent evaluation really stood out? On defense have we done the most we can with our talent which is deficient? I think Golden is a good recruiter but last year's debacle going into NSD wasnt about money being thrown around, it was about us losing 4 OF OUR LAST 6 GAMES IN BLOWOUTS, where our defense was outright embarrassed. Its like whatever you do for work, if you see things that arent right, you call it how you see it and it is reasonable to say that Golden has dropped the ball on the football field. Sure he handled the investigation like a champ, no doubt, but not on the field. In the end we as Miami fans get frustrated because we love this program, and are sick and tired of it being mediocre, and we take it out on posters that refuse to see the obvious in front of them......

Top shelf post!

This sums it up quite nicely although needs a paragraph break or two.

Cant really speak for everyone per se as you are right some have been out for Golden's head since the beginning, but many, me being one of them turned on Golden because I observed a certain level of incompetence. I was part of the 'Golden just gets it crew', but 3 years I have seen that he in fact doesnt get it out side the press box. One of the biggest assets we supposedly had with Al was he was a defensive mind, a great recruiter and talent evaluator. Well in three years how many of his Al Golden camp signees have actually done anything? Where has his talent evaluation really stood out? On defense have we done the most we can with our talent which is deficient? I think Golden is a good recruiter but last year's debacle going into NSD wasnt about money being thrown around, it was about us losing 4 OF OUR LAST 6 GAMES IN BLOWOUTS, where our defense was outright embarrassed. Its like whatever you do for work, if you see things that arent right, you call it how you see it and it is reasonable to say that Golden has dropped the ball on the football field. Sure he handled the investigation like a champ, no doubt, but not on the field. In the end we as Miami fans get frustrated because we love this program, and are sick and tired of it being mediocre, and we take it out on posters that refuse to see the obvious in front of them......

I'm not arguing with you. My issue remains that I do not see a lot of posters saying Al Golden is a great football coach or arguing with you that the last 4 or 6 games were not blowouts.

If there are people who actually watched those games and did not see a problem, then they need glasses or a straight jacket. On the other hand, the same people that attack the coach or the other posters are also the first to dismiss the lack of talent, suspensions, NCAA...under this comical cloud, like Golden made the **** thing up. Like it never happened. Like he had a normal 3 years at a school and we suck because he is a totally incompetent imbecile. He may be a totally incompetent imbecile, but that has not been the only reason why we have sucked.

I don't care who coaches the team. I want to win games. But I am not going to constantly bash the guy at every turn and call him 4th grade nicknames.

Last edited:

All these threads beating up on him with all the cute nicknames are all based on winning, and nothing specific personally to Golden?

Just not buying it. Some want Butch back. Some are still ****ed cause their guy got fired. Some are scorned school girls about PSU. Some really just want to win.

He is going to take a beating. On almost any topic, because other than PR. He hasn't shown much of anything. So it is a given people are going to be ****ed for whatever reason 3 years into his regime.

I know you are upset like many, but you handle it different than others do. Only thing you can really do is step away for a bit. If the constant ball stumping is too much.

All will be forgiven if he pulls it together come this season, and if that happens. People will be eating crow. I will be one of them if that occurs, but at this moment. It is what it is. The season isn't coming fast enough to put this behind us.

Advertisement
Back