Al Blades penalty

- They fumbled twice inside the 15 yard-line
- They threw 2 dumbass interceptions late
- They gave us a 4th and 36 conversion or else we don't have a chance to win at the end
- They hit Baxa way late out of bounds
- They tipped a ball and it still went right to Brevin who scored a TD

My point is, Miami gave the game away in some regards, but so did the gators. 2 turnovers deep in our territory that were nowhere near forced. Truthfully, both teams had a few positives to take away but way more negatives, IMO. Super sloppy game on both sides. Really a game nobody deserved to win. But if you have the ball for 36 minutes to 24, you have a +3 advantage in turnovers and still lose, you played a pretty awful football game. Less than 4.5 yards per play cements that. The defense probably played well enough to win. The offense and special teams, literally not even close.
Agree. If they dont drop the ball on the field on that second drive we go down 14-3 and may have never even been in that game after that.

Advertisement
Agree. If they dont drop the ball on the field on that second drive we go down 14-3 and may have never even been in that game after that.

We probably played bad enough on offense and special teams to lose the game by 2+ scores. I know nobody will want to hear that because we still should have won the game, but it was literally handed to us on a platter and we still couldn't take it.

He is old school and there are plenty of people on the board that want to go back to the 90’s. Those days are over and the Cotton Bowl is now on VHS. The Canes can no longer get away with those things. Refs are graded as good or bad refs based on officiating celebrations. Their bosses don’t want that in the game and have officiated it out. We can no longer lead with the head either or we will called for targeting every time.

Let’s hope JR can learn from this.

Another thing that is weak are the losers on the sidelines trying to step up on an opponent who ran out of bounds. Your just asking for another penalty. The Refs are watching that opponent. Just straight *** punk move by guys who can not get on the field. Not impressive.

Advertisement
I’ve given the finger many times in my life along with throwing up the U. If we can’t tell the difference between the two then we need to all take shots and kill a case of Diesel.

Advertisement
He threw up the U and it's quite obvious, I have looked at the play over and over and u see both hands go up and form a U, not 2 fingers
Al Blades double bird.jpg

What?!? The picture is clear as day. You literally can't throw up the U with your hands faced backwards. Stop lying to yourself.

Double bird for sure.

But my biggest wonder was how that ref even noticed it. The flag came in from midfield from the view of Blades’ back. I swear ref crews scope out Hurricane players for unsportsmanlike penalties. It was so much commotion and reaction noise, but he was focused on that (our reaction to our big play).

Whenever we make a big play in a big game, the refs look for a “buuuut......call”.

We definitely have to do better tho.

Double bird for sure.

But my biggest wonder was how that ref even noticed it. The flag came in from midfield from the view of Blades’ back. I swear ref crews scope out Hurricane players for unsportsmanlike penalties. It was so much commotion and reaction noise, but he was focused on that (our reaction to our big play).

Whenever we make a big play in a big game, the refs look for a “buuuut......call”.

I agree. Fact is, if he did do it, which it looks like he did, he needs to be way smarter than that. 1: it's just a dumb thing to do 2: The officiating usually sucks and doesn't want to see Miami anyways

Double bird for sure.

Agree. But we KNOW THIS, we've known it a long long time. So WE have to be smarter. Period. There were no less than a half dozen times in the first half once we got hyped after the initial turnover that our guys were jawing really aggressively after plays were over. I like that attitude in the Canes, don't get me wrong, but I was actually surprised they didn't flag it, more than once. It's just not worth it. Manny's gotta make these kids smarter.

Advertisement
Advertisement
Advertisement
Back